JoeCanuck

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Red and white once again! We've restored the classic look of JoeCanuck.

Author Topic: I just can not figure it out...........?????????  (Read 12209 times)

Spillspleen

• HATE Mechanic
    • View Profile
I just can not figure it out...........?????????
« on: March 30, 2004, 02:55:23 PM »

YoJoe is down again....they have this problem again and again and again!!!

But the thing that gets me is why people are not posting here more often...???

I have a rule that I follow, to post here once for every post I make on YoJoe. I personally would want to see this site become a hub for the Canadian collector (shame on all Canadian collectors who do not post here daily by the way)

Anyways with YoJoe down this place should have alot more posts....so why is this not happening???
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »

Stealth Viper

• Administrator
  • Black Ice Wannabe
    • View Profile
« Reply #1 on: March 30, 2004, 03:00:55 PM »

I don't know

I do know the YoJoe forums were *supposed* to be moved to another server some time back, and it never happened. Seems that until they do move them, these problems will persist.

As for folks not coming here, I think it's due to "more established" boards being around that they all already have accounts on

adctalk.com
joesightings forums
devilsdue.net forums
and of course joecustoms.com
Quote from: \"Pete The Greek\"
My review of the Rat:

A little piece of crap.

Pete The Greek

• Administrator
  • Mudslinger Wannabe
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 30, 2004, 03:16:07 PM »

Honestly, I getting don't care if the yojoe board goes down as I am done with trading.  That is why I signed with back in 2001. I am in the minority but I preferred the older ad style board from before.   Now there is too much crap on there to browse or give a crap about.
Go Leafs Go - just end '67

Spillspleen

• HATE Mechanic
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 30, 2004, 04:05:26 PM »

Yes YoJoe is over flowing with garbage thats for sure...and I think having a smaller comunity is beter...most of the posts made today on YoJoe are from guys i have never heard of and will probably never see again!

That is why I think this board could do so well...???

BHMike

• Administrator
  • Pimp Daddy Destro
    • View Profile
    • http://www.bountyhuntertoys.com
« Reply #4 on: March 30, 2004, 04:11:47 PM »

I'll be moving this board to it's own server soon.
I need some spare time to do so...... and some extra room on my Visa. :shifty:
With all the new stuff I've gotten in, and buying a newer car, I'm busting my butt to get back to 'normal store status' quickly. Once that happens, the site will be moved, and I'll contact each Joe site I can find. :-)
Mike

Tattoo Shane

• phpBB Frostback Trooper
    • View Profile
    • http://www.tattoosandtoys.com
« Reply #5 on: March 31, 2004, 01:20:08 AM »

Well, yojoe is definately suffering a little bit but most major boards are...people have the same complaints about rebelscum all the time too. With yojoe, i just find there are way too many inane posts about the new stuff or which female Joe character i'd like to bang. I think if they broke the board up into a few more subcategories (at the very least a "vintage" discussion area), it might cut down on the tripe.

For not posting much here, well, honestly, there's a little too much discussion on the new stuff for my taste (not that there's anything wrong with that, i just don't collect it) and i don't think there's enough of a membership to get things really going....yet. I think there's tremendous potential in this board and i think Mike and anyone else invloved in it's creation should be commended for it. I think it's a credit to Cdn collectors, no matter how many or how few of us there might be.

Once i get some stuff unpacked at my new place, i'll be posting some new topics which i hope will illicit some great dialogue.
our Toys....Our Tattoos
www.tattoosandtoys.com

Redmao

• Back-Stop Wannabe
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 31, 2004, 06:30:00 AM »

I'm sorry... I know I should've posted a bit more... :oops:

I too noticed that at yojoe things tend to go... off topic. Recently some guy picked up a few fights because of his auction and all. Like Tattoo Shane said topics like which joe gal you'd like to bang topics seem more and more frequent.

We are the canadian collectors, united we stand for a better joe collection and joes in our stores!!!!!  err sorry 'bout that, I got carried away.
Say no to AFA.

BHMike

• Administrator
  • Pimp Daddy Destro
    • View Profile
    • http://www.bountyhuntertoys.com
« Reply #7 on: March 31, 2004, 08:28:09 AM »

Quote from: ""Tattoo Shane""
With yojoe, i just find there are way too many inane posts about the new stuff or which female Joe character i'd like to bang.

Candy the Balloon Bear :shifty:

Seriously, I 'KNOW' this site will gain more interest once it gets moved.
Spillspleen has done a great job bringing folks here, and with the taglones Loop and Pete have on other message boards mentioning this place, well, every bit helps.

One thing i don't really care for is folks saying this is MY board..... I don't look at it that way.

I see it as 'our' board. Sure, I 'own' it, but it takes all of us to make it a good board to visit.... one you 'want' to visit.
;-)
Mike

Agent_Loop

• phpBB CanJoeCon Staff
  • Back-Stop Wannabe
    • View Profile
    • http://www.jasonloo.com/
« Reply #8 on: March 31, 2004, 10:02:16 AM »

Quote from: ""Spillspleen""
Yes YoJoe is over flowing with garbage thats for sure...and I think having a smaller comunity is beter...most of the posts made today on YoJoe are from guys i have never heard of and will probably never see again!

Ironically, I feel out of the :loop: . Not that I don't want new members here because I still think there's hundreds of space that needs to be filled up here.

Spillspleen

• HATE Mechanic
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 31, 2004, 01:24:44 PM »

I think everyone here whould like to see some post on the vintage stuff...I know I would...I am in the process of bringing my entire collection together for the first time...when that happens look out....sell, sell, sell, and questions to follow about all the varients I have...!!!

Spillspleen

• HATE Mechanic
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 31, 2004, 01:26:12 PM »

Oooops....O'ya....about bringing people...thanks BHT...It is simple really everytime I see a Canadian collector out there I send him a e-mail...not really hard to do and it is a step in the right direction!!