JoeCanuck

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Red and white once again! We've restored the classic look of JoeCanuck.

Author Topic: 2004 convention exclusive pics so far  (Read 5051 times)

Pete The Greek

• Administrator
  • Mudslinger Wannabe
    • View Profile
2004 convention exclusive pics so far
« on: April 19, 2004, 11:29:23 PM »

Sorry, Loop but I could respond to this on joecustoms because it was locked.  I hope you don't take any offence.

http://www.mastercollector.com/neat/gij ... eadnok.cfm

My views.  I am loving this set so far.

Crusher:  This figure is starting to grow on me.

Mutt: Drool. Way better than the battle corps versions.   And Junkyard in brown colour just freaking rocks.   Junkyard will go nice with the grey one I have from the UK.  Plus they painted his teeth and eyes.  

Beachhead:  I really like the colours, regardless of how many people have whine about it.  The UK Tiger Force colour scheme was not like the USA version. So why do people expect everything to be made to fit into old colour schemes?  

Zarana: Not bad but I wished Hasbro had never used that head for that figure back in the day.  

Thanks to Brian Savage for keeping the ARAHs alive and all his hard work for the convention :thumbsup:    Thanks for bringing Mutt and Junkyard back.  Woo hoo

And if you can't tell, I am starving for ARAH figures as I have grown a real dislike for the JVC figures lately.  VvV 2 was probably one of the biggest pieces of crap I have got in along time.  Plus I have not been disappointed in the convention sets so far or any of the TRU repaints exclusives.  Man, I am starting to sound like Mr. Wheeler lol.
« Last Edit: April 20, 2004, 09:45:07 AM by Guest »
Go Leafs Go - just end '67

Techno Viper T-17

• phpBB Rookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #1 on: April 19, 2004, 11:43:18 PM »

Crusher looks quite nice. I like the tatoo, it's an interesting detail that fits a Dreadnok. Zaranna has a nice paint job as well. The joes, hmmm, honestly, they're starting to grow on me.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »

morgardee

• Pimp Daddy Destro
  • SNAKE!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 20, 2004, 08:57:01 AM »

Yeah, I'm really into this set myself. It really was getting slammed hard over at joecustoms. I'm looking forward to seeing more figures come out. I was also wondering if this was going to possibly be the new dreadhead army builder figures:

http://www.takewhole.com/eBay/giprovviper01.jpg

All in all, I'm pretty excited about it.
Night Force, the exact opposite of everything chrome.

Spillspleen

• HATE Mechanic
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 20, 2004, 01:22:56 PM »

Those are the best convention figures yet!

I really like them!!

Beachhead looks like a Tiger Force guy for sure...Mutt as well...but the dog bones make me laugh...sorry Pete...at least they are gold this time...maybe a K-9 badge of some type...???...lol!!!!

Those dreds are cool...even though that Crusher is just a re-paint Gnaygahyde (?)...but he is cool...and so is Zaranna...all perfect 5 out of 5 for Joe figures...!!

These guys should go into business selling like one figure a month online...they would make a fortune...!!!

Pete any luck on the pre-order of the set? I think I said I would not pre-order any more stuff...but for these I have to make an exception!

Agent_Loop

• phpBB CanJoeCon Staff
  • Back-Stop Wannabe
    • View Profile
    • http://www.jasonloo.com/
« Reply #4 on: April 20, 2004, 01:41:13 PM »

It's okay, Pete. Too bad it was all Thomas Wheeler's fault. That's someone I'm not looking forward to seeing at the con.
I really like the Dreadnoks so far. Crusher will become one of my favourite ever. I hope they do use different SF/MK heads for the Dreadheads. I like Zarana's paint scheme.
I'm not too crazy about Tony the Tiger Brigade, but it's great that they brought back Junkyard.
Have they set a mystery figure in this set like Major Storm in Operation Anaconda? I hope there is one in this set.

Redmao

• Back-Stop Wannabe
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 20, 2004, 06:27:01 PM »

BeachHead again eh? I really like those upcoming figures  :thumbsup:
Say no to AFA.

Pete The Greek

• Administrator
  • Mudslinger Wannabe
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 20, 2004, 09:01:34 PM »

Quote from: ""Spillspleen""
.but the dog bones make me laugh...sorry Pete...at least they are gold this time...maybe a K-9 badge of some type...???...lol!!!!

Scobby snacks for good old Junkyard

Quote from: ""Spillspleen""
Pete any luck on the pre-order of the set? I think I said I would not pre-order any more stuff...but for these I have to make an exception!

I will be getting two sets, one for me and one for you.  I have not ordered them yet as I have been buying foreign figures at a steady pace.  In due time.
Go Leafs Go - just end '67

Spillspleen

• HATE Mechanic
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 20, 2004, 09:40:10 PM »

You are a Joe deity?one with a head of a dog name Junkyard but a god none the less!!!

Super duper news!!!!

Scramble

• phpBB Global Moderator
  • Mudslinger Wannabe
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 20, 2004, 10:19:57 PM »

While I was surprised there was such negative feedback at Joecustoms,
I agree about Crusher. We've seen enough former pro wrestlers, and he is virtually identical to Gnawgahyde, except his pants don't go with his shirt. If he'd had a plain vest, and no boar, I'd really like him. As he is, he's the right head on the wrong body.

I do like Mutt and Zarana, though. I'm a big fan of that Mutt mold and don't understand why so many people hate it. I also think those colours work well for it. Zarana's shirt is a rare instance where purple is logically used on a Joe.

I'm indifferent towards Beachhead. That mold has seen it's day. On top of that, by matching his colour scheme with Mutt's exactly, I don't feel right putting them together with the rest of Tiger Force. They'll always stand out as the oddballs that dress alike, and it's tough to look like an oddball when everyone around you is dressed in and driving something tiger-themed.

Oh, and damn G1 Trekker! Damn him!
Updated!

morgardee

• Pimp Daddy Destro
  • SNAKE!
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 21, 2004, 01:33:40 PM »

In regards to Crusher, another guy skarapz and I over at mastercollector are bombarding Brian with questions. Skarapz asked him if Crushers vest was going to be a different colour than Gnawgahyde's. Here is Brian's response:

"No, we kept the same (basic not exactly the same) upper colors because of part of the story line that will be unveiled in the file card."

This got me thinking that perhaps Crusher is related to Gnawgahyde and maybe Mutt either imprisoned or maybe even killed off Gnawgahyde and Crusher is out to avenge his brother or relative. Just a thought.
Night Force, the exact opposite of everything chrome.

Scramble

• phpBB Global Moderator
  • Mudslinger Wannabe
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 21, 2004, 02:47:59 PM »

If that's the case, cool enough. But I would have still rathered Crusher have a more original personality. What little isn't the same as Gnawgahyde is still rehashed and clich?d.
Updated!

Agent_Loop

• phpBB CanJoeCon Staff
  • Back-Stop Wannabe
    • View Profile
    • http://www.jasonloo.com/
« Reply #11 on: April 21, 2004, 10:33:09 PM »

It would be lame if Crusher turns out to be a cousin of Gnawgahyde a la Heavy Duty to Roadblock in the ST movie, and the only reason why he is interested in Junkyard is because he has a soft side for puppies. Pro wrestlers loving puppies, go figure!