JoeCanuck

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Red and white once again! We've restored the classic look of JoeCanuck.

Author Topic: Lost of things to spend money on:  (Read 3319 times)

Canuklehead

• phpBB Dead Eye Mechanic
    • View Profile
    • http://www.ekcomics.com
Lost of things to spend money on:
« on: October 31, 2008, 01:10:56 PM »

I just paid my local comic shop a visit...  They had a LOT out.

- All the recent waves, and many of last year's - all on American Card.
- At least 5 of the Firebat and 3 of the new AWE Strikers.  (the claw and fang are on the way)
- 1, 2, 3 and 4 DVD Packs
- At least 3 each of the first wave of vehicles (the complete wave, with the Trouble Bubble and Armadillo)
- one each of every comic pack

And coming in this afternoon:

- Both of the arctic and desert missions sets

I had to force myself not to break out the plastic many times, and only bought Croc Master.

But, if anyone here is looking for any of these, and you don't want to wait and/or spend a ton in gas looking for them, let me know - I can pick them up for you.  Send me a PM, if interested.
 an
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »

Bandalero

• phpBB Joe Canuck Trooper
    • View Profile
Re: Lost of things to spend money on:
« Reply #1 on: October 31, 2008, 02:39:03 PM »

yeah the online internet stores and local comic shops are really coming through with the new product.  The whole Hasbro/Big Box situation is a real enigma at best.  Thanks to online stores I'm up-to-date with only wave 11 Eels x 5, Airborne x2 , and Zartan (MOC), Lift-Ticket/SkyHawk and Copperhead/Moccassin to get.

I should be getting DVD pack #5 in the mail next week to complete my MASS Device, add Apline to my '85 line up and have a defacto Cobra Commander with chrome head!!!

Add some Transformers in there and my wallet is stretched to the limit.  My wife and i have a personal spending budget that I'm hitting these past few months and I really should save some doe for her xmas present lol.

Love all the new product, I just wish TRU/Wal*mart/Hasbro would get their act together and get this stuff at retail.  I've seen half of wave 9 once since it was due out in September.  Shelves are clogged full of wave 8, wave 7 Vipers, and HISS tanks, Armadillos, and Air Chariots.

Canuklehead

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 31, 2008, 03:04:02 PM »

Yeah, usually I don't see new things until they're considered old - I was pleasantly surprised when I saw them in there today.

It's just that the price-point is so high.  I like to give him the business because I've known him for so long, but it's hard to rationalize when in the back of my mind I keep thinking "if it's here, it'll be in Walmart soon".  If only I knew when!

Bandalero

• phpBB Joe Canuck Trooper
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 31, 2008, 05:11:58 PM »

the only thing I do know for sure is that the big box retailers wouldn't re-order unless the current stock is cleared out, so it's very dis-heartening to see boxes and boxes of HISSes and Air Chariots and knowing we're going to miss waves of Firebats and Skyhawks.

Canuklehead

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 31, 2008, 06:26:27 PM »

Yeaaaahhh...  :( 

He said the Skyhawk and Water Moccasin is arriving in December, so there's a slim-to-none chance that Walmart or Toys R Us will sell out of HISS or Chariots by then.  Ah, well...  If the dollar wasn't so low, I'd just go back to the States and look.  But for now (and for a change), the little guys will clean up with collectors

freakx2001

• phpBB Frostback Trooper
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 31, 2008, 08:32:33 PM »

yeah, I feel your pain, I find it very hard to bring myself to buy Joe stuff at the comic book stores, because they usually charge a more, and its hard to spend that extra money on it, because you know that technically you should be able to find this stuff on your own at retail for cheaper.

Im actually heading to the states tomorrow, so I will have to see what is there, normally I would be going crazy, but with the dollar dropping and Christmas around the corner, I guess I will have to be good...

Canuklehead

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 06, 2008, 03:19:00 PM »

Stopped by again today and bought Mutt and Junkyard.  He had the new Desert and Arctic packs in.  They looked really cool, but were priced at $50!! 

The Serpentor and Pyramid DVD packs were in - and the new wave of Comic Packs with Mainframe and Scrap Iron.  They look really good, but I'm sure they'll be in Toys R Us, soon.