JoeCanuck

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Red and white once again! We've restored the classic look of JoeCanuck.

Author Topic: I need help to store away my Joes  (Read 7472 times)

5h4rK

• phpBB Chacal Noir Wannabe
    • View Profile
Re: I need help to store away my Joes
« Reply #12 on: August 15, 2010, 06:32:03 PM »

Mail-away.. oh and it's a work in progress btw..
« Last Edit: August 15, 2010, 06:50:03 PM by 5h4rK »

NeoDragonKnight

• phpBB Timbit Wannabe
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 15, 2010, 07:49:32 PM »

Cool excel list, you can also add filters(dropdowns) to the columns so you can just view certain subteams or years ect.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »
\"And I don\'t want the world to see me, cuz I don\'t think that they\'d understand... When everything\'s made to be broken, I just want you to know who I am...\"

bandonov

• Black Ice Wannabe
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 15, 2010, 08:46:07 PM »

Hey 5h4rK what are all the columns in your excel sheet.  I would like to make my own version.  I also like NeoDragonKnight's idea of the drop down filters to make searching easier. 
Lurking

olyeller01

• phpBB Newsletter Staff
  • phpBB HATE Mechanic
  • Paint-Viper
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: August 15, 2010, 11:32:25 PM »

My current method of Joe storage is vehicles in bins, parts removed, bagged, labeled, and laid on top of the vehicles just under the lid when the bin's full.  For the figures (25th style), they're all stuffed in one Ziploc with their accessories in another, and they have their own bin.  One day I'm going to bag them with their accessories individually, but that will take a lot of time...and Ziploc stock should take a big jump when I do!

I know your pain, LJ.  You guys have seen just a fraction of my collection in my reviews, and I live in a freaking one bedroom apartment!  Thank GOD it has an extra walk-in closet (one closet for clothes, one for Joes  :lol:).  One day I'll have to take a pic of my closet just to show how stuffed full it is.

LJ, it would take even longer, but I'll tell you my method of Transformers storage too.  I've got around 100+ Transformers, and considering that especially the early ones (with real metal) can get chipped up, I wrap them individually in bubble wrap, label them, put their accessories in a Ziploc snack bag, tape THAT to the bubblewrapped Transformer, and then carefully put them in a bin.  Time consuming and expensive with the bubble wrap, but a LOT better than chipped Transformers.
OlYeller01
Paint/Mustang Man
Reviewer at Large!

BHMike

• Administrator
  • Pimp Daddy Destro
    • View Profile
    • http://www.bountyhuntertoys.com
« Reply #16 on: August 16, 2010, 08:32:16 AM »

Beware the plastic baggies LJ.

When I moved, my stuff was packed up for about 2 months. My PURE white Storm Shadow turned yellow on the legs because of the toxins in the baggie.

It may not happen with yours - but beware.

NeoDragonKnight

• phpBB Timbit Wannabe
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 16, 2010, 09:11:49 AM »

Ive heard of people using tackle boxes and tool boxes where the segments hold figures almost perfectly, sort of like the old style figure carrying cases they use to sell.
\"And I don\'t want the world to see me, cuz I don\'t think that they\'d understand... When everything\'s made to be broken, I just want you to know who I am...\"

bandonov

• Black Ice Wannabe
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 16, 2010, 09:36:40 AM »

Quote from: "NeoDragonKnight"
Ive heard of people using tackle boxes and tool boxes where the segments hold figures almost perfectly, sort of like the old style figure carrying cases they use to sell.

That is great if you have a few figures loose.  But when you have a few hundred... that is a lot of tackle boxes. 
Lurking

martin-montreal

• Snowbank Wannabe
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: August 16, 2010, 09:42:41 AM »

I also use an Excel spreadsheet where each fig has is line like avery accessory for this fig. So, if you are missing some accessory (or you have double) you can see it very easily. But, Since I'm a vintage collector, I mostly have vintage entries.

I also have filter included so you can filter by year, fig, etc. I don't know how to share this workbook, so I will send it to you by email when I come back home.

Martin

Stealth Viper

• Administrator
  • Black Ice Wannabe
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: August 16, 2010, 09:55:43 AM »

Quote from: "martin-montreal"

I don't know how to share this workbook, so I will send it to you by email when I come back home.

http://docs.google.com
Quote from: \"Pete The Greek\"
My review of the Rat:

A little piece of crap.

SnakeEyesOnAPlane

• phpBB Timbit Wannabe
    • View Profile
    • http://ages25andup.blogspot.com/
« Reply #21 on: August 16, 2010, 12:27:38 PM »

Quote from: "NeoDragonKnight"
Tackle boxes are great for accessories and smaller figures such as Minimates and Lego minifigures.  For Joes, I don't know - you'd need a lot of boxes (and big boxes, too) to conveniently store them.
Knowing is half the battle. Actually fighting is the other half.
Help Cobra take over the Cayman Islands!

latinjoe22

• Global Moderator
  • Mudslinger Wannabe
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: August 16, 2010, 12:42:18 PM »

Quote from: "martin-montreal"
I also use an Excel spreadsheet where each fig has is line like avery accessory for this fig. So, if you are missing some accessory (or you have double) you can see it very easily. But, Since I'm a vintage collector, I mostly have vintage entries.

I also have filter included so you can filter by year, fig, etc. I don't know how to share this workbook, so I will send it to you by email when I come back home.

Martin

Thanks Martin. That's very kind of you. With family obligations and a lot of cleaning to do around the house other than storing the Joes away, this sure will assist me very well in classifying my figures.

But seriously, I think the ideal way to protect them and enjoy them at the same time would be to display them all in two or three IKEA showcases. I will certainly do this when I have the space but for now, it looks like it's going to be the rubbermaid container with the figures individually bagged, because individually putting them in plastic cases will take lots of room and turn out perhaps less practical when you have 600+ figures. As for white figures, I unconsciously put Storm Shadow v.1 in a small protech case. Looks like I'm going to have to do the same with Iceberg, Blizzard, whoever has white plastic parts. I'm also filling up three bins: 1 with ARAH (vintage) complete figures, 1 with incomplete figures, 1 with newer complete figures (including TRAHC, 25th, ROC). This should make it easy to pull out the figures and fill in the excel sheet as quick as I can.

Thanks again guys.
2 + 2 = 22

Redmao

• Back-Stop Wannabe
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: August 16, 2010, 12:51:29 PM »

Soon I'll have to follow that route since we're moving next spring, so this thread is very useful for me too.
Say no to AFA.