JoeCanuck

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Red and white once again! We've restored the classic look of JoeCanuck.

Author Topic: My 90's style TIMBIT custom  (Read 3232 times)

latinjoe22

• Global Moderator
  • Mudslinger Wannabe
    • View Profile
My 90's style TIMBIT custom
« on: December 02, 2009, 12:03:26 AM »

Okay here goes...

I wish I could say I did this one very fast because I didn't. This is probably the one custom I did that took forever to do and he's not even finished  :-[. Some touchups are still to be done. This is a custom that I started but casted aside with excitement when I finished gathering all the parts I needed to finally make my Chacal Noir custom.

I wasn't happy with the head I used so I removed it from the body and placed a temporary one instead under the helmet ( head of Sgt. Hacker which was aborted from the first draft of my Backstop custom).

As many of you don't know I'm one of the unlucky ones who didn't acquire the exclusive Timbit at the 2008 Canadian Joe Meet. So I said, hey I'll make my own but this time he's going to look like the second generation driver for the persuader.

So here he is, not 100%, but you could say 80% done.

« Last Edit: December 02, 2009, 12:07:43 AM by latinjoe22 »
2 + 2 = 22

silentdusty

• phpBB Frostback Trooper
  • Crusty Ol' Master Warrant Officer
    • View Profile
    • Diowarriors
Re: My 90's style TIMBIT custom
« Reply #1 on: December 02, 2009, 04:17:51 AM »

I like him  ;D awesome custom!
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »
Silent Dusty

Scramble

• phpBB Global Moderator
  • Mudslinger Wannabe
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 02, 2009, 09:42:05 PM »

Definitely a unique direction. I want to like this custom, but something's holding me back. Maybe if there was more of a nod to the original than just colours. Like an axe or a vest or a beaver.
Updated!

latinjoe22

• Global Moderator
  • Mudslinger Wannabe
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 02, 2009, 11:22:58 PM »

Quote from: "Scramble"
Definitely a unique direction. I want to like this custom, but something's holding me back. Maybe if there was more of a nod to the original than just colours. Like an axe or a vest or a beaver.

You are absolutely right about that and I won't deny it. I didn't plan anything beyond giving him familiar colors to the original ( minus the tan from the sleeves ) as I basically did this one as an extra to try to do something with the Backstop parts I didn't use for his translation from Convention to ARAH.

About the same time I started work on my 80's style convention Backstop, I was already planning to do a retake on the original Timbit, but this time using Joeparts. Because my focus drifted to Chacal when I got the parts, I forgot that idea and instead did a simple reimagining of Timbit that you see here following a brainstorming idea I got when Backstop was finished.

I wanted to do make a duo and for the Persuader and for some reason got persuaded ( by me  ;D ) that good ol' classic looking Timbit wouldn't measure up with Backstop's revamped image. Maybe I was wrong to underestimate the ultimate power of donoughts and morning coffee.
2 + 2 = 22

Jay

• HATE Mechanic
  • Won a record for "longest time as Shatner's hair".
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 02, 2009, 11:29:41 PM »

What, no reinforced armor Timbit box?
You're far too young to be this bitter and angry at the world....

latinjoe22

• Global Moderator
  • Mudslinger Wannabe
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 02, 2009, 11:32:39 PM »

Quote from: "Jay"
What, no reinforced armor Timbit box?

Nope none of that unfortunately. Though I forgot to mention that I did intend for a coffee mug at some point, but I forgot all about it... :-[
2 + 2 = 22

dodge822

• phpBB Shiver Wannabe
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 02, 2009, 11:45:50 PM »

it still looks great, even without the mug, or reinforced armor Timbit box.

good job LJ
General Hawk: Technically, G.I. Joe does not exist, but if it did, it\'d be comprised of the top men and women from the top military units in the world, the alpha dog\'s. When all else fails, we don\'t.