JoeCanuck

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Red and white once again! We've restored the classic look of JoeCanuck.

Author Topic: NDK's 25th/ME Shiver 2.0  (Read 3917 times)

NeoDragonKnight

• phpBB Timbit Wannabe
    • View Profile
NDK's 25th/ME Shiver 2.0
« on: September 01, 2010, 12:37:31 AM »

Had the idea for this for a little while, finally got off my ass and did it.  Sorry for the crappy pictures, I only have my cell phone cam right now, I will get better pics with a normal cam tomorrow.  
Edit: new pics with better camera added
Shots with the good camera

Cell phone camera shots

my Shiver 1.0

My versions of Shiver always seem more and more armored  :-.  I went sort of away of the all black sleeves and made the armor pieces in black, works out well because I dont have the paint the joints so he is fully pose-able with no paint rub.  I have a small problem though with the knees, I dont have good tools to shave the knee joint down to straighten the leg so its slightly bent.  Im not sure if this should be Shiver (2.0) or **small spoiler** new Shiver or his replacement with a new name, like Windchill or Quiver, or something like that.  I even considered painting the Cobra North Blue/Purple in Red to show his change in affiliation but he just looks too much of a bad guy.**end spoiler**  

Anyways I'm curious what you guys think, be blunt if you have to.  Also would like to know which of my Shivers you guys like better and why.  Thanks for looking! I promise to get cleaner pics soon.
« Last Edit: September 01, 2010, 11:35:04 PM by NeoDragonKnight »
\"And I don\'t want the world to see me, cuz I don\'t think that they\'d understand... When everything\'s made to be broken, I just want you to know who I am...\"

B

• phpBB Timbit Wannabe
    • View Profile
Re: NDK's 25th/ME Shiver 2.0
« Reply #1 on: September 01, 2010, 06:45:35 AM »

tough call, your new shiver looks like a fight is going to happen really soon, very intense posture, muscles seemed spmewhat flexed, its almost like he's going to explode into action any second. While your second (ver1) seems more relaxed like I would picture him around his base. I like them both. Nice work
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »

bandonov

• Black Ice Wannabe
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 01, 2010, 08:16:26 AM »

I also like v.2 becuase he looks like he is ready to fight or just came from a fight.  I guess when you take a better pic of it, I will be able to tell if the second set of ammo pockets are in the way of the figure's movement.  But over all I think it is the shadowing or greying on paint job that makes it more real... Great Job!
Lurking

latinjoe22

• Global Moderator
  • Mudslinger Wannabe
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 01, 2010, 12:24:41 PM »

Shiver v.2 looks really like he could fit in the Resolute universe and his snowsuit looks very convincing. V.1 is still my personal favorite, perhaps because he simply outranks the original Shiver character design in my opinion. That's why I'm reverse engineering your v.1 custom as you may know already. More to come, in the Past & Present thread...soon I hope.
2 + 2 = 22

NeoDragonKnight

• phpBB Timbit Wannabe
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 01, 2010, 11:37:07 PM »

New pics with good camera added!
Don't be shy, let me know what you think, even criticism, its the only way I can get better!
\"And I don\'t want the world to see me, cuz I don\'t think that they\'d understand... When everything\'s made to be broken, I just want you to know who I am...\"

5h4rK

• phpBB Chacal Noir Wannabe
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 04, 2010, 07:05:22 PM »

V1 is very true to the original.. V2 looks like an improved version of the character and I like it a lot! It reminds me of the old ARAH line (ie: '84 Roadblock versus '92 Roadblock)
You have great painting skills.. but I'm not a fan of the wash effect! But maybe it's just me  ???
...........oh and btw I looooove that Flint!!  ;D

BHMike

• Administrator
  • Pimp Daddy Destro
    • View Profile
    • http://www.bountyhuntertoys.com
« Reply #6 on: September 04, 2010, 07:49:58 PM »

Nice!

But I'm curious Neo... did you read the 2010 CanJoeCon Comic?   :shifty:

...or Shiver's page in the JoeCanuck wiki?

NeoDragonKnight

• phpBB Timbit Wannabe
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 05, 2010, 11:35:21 AM »

I did, thats why I was kind of iffy calling him Shiver again and thinking he was his long lost brother or simply a replacement Cobra officer or something lol, but I had the idea/parts prior to the Joe Con so I decided to just make him. 

BHMike

• Administrator
  • Pimp Daddy Destro
    • View Profile
    • http://www.bountyhuntertoys.com
« Reply #8 on: September 05, 2010, 11:45:54 AM »

Quote from: "NeoDragonKnight"
I did, thats why I was kind of iffy calling him Shiver again and thinking he was his long lost brother or simply a replacement Cobra officer or something lol, but I had the idea/parts prior to the Joe Con so I decided to just make him. 

Well, he's STILL Shiver. Regardless of uniform. ;)
And I do seriously like what you've done with THAT version of him. Great work!

NeoDragonKnight

• phpBB Timbit Wannabe
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 05, 2010, 03:14:32 PM »

Thanks!  I do really like this version personally.

martin-montreal

• Snowbank Wannabe
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 07, 2010, 02:44:19 PM »

Quote from: "5h4rK"
...........oh and btw I looooove that Flint!!  ;D

I also like the "Flint"... he looks like a commemorative and special version. He looks better than what Hasbro used to do  ;D

5h4rK

• phpBB Chacal Noir Wannabe
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 07, 2010, 03:45:22 PM »

Quote from: "NeoDragonKnight"

Hey NDK, who's that character on the right? (the one with the gas mask trooper head)... not Flint I suppose!! It's 'prolly one of the best 25th kitbash I've ever seen.  :o