JoeCanuck

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Red and white once again! We've restored the classic look of JoeCanuck.

Author Topic: Recipe of the day: Feb 15 2012-  (Read 1923 times)

ARROW

• phpBB HATE Mechanic
    • View Profile
Recipe of the day: Feb 15 2012-
« on: February 15, 2012, 03:46:04 PM »

Here's a all-new character:

CODE-VIPERS:

Drawn from the ranks of the Tele-Vipers, Code Vipers are troopers that show exceptional skills at computer hacking and cryptography.
They are equipped with the latest in computer technology, and a cybernetic vest based on the design worn by COBRA Commander, that acts as a personal mainframe. The vest is powered by their own biology and is not removed until their term of service is over.
Code-Vipers are a vital part of the criminal COBRA organization because they are directly responsible for stealing and disemminating information (and misinformation), as well as securing all COBRA communications.
They literally hold the keys to the kingdom, because almost all COBRA secrets pass under their noses. To ensure their loyalty, Code-Vipers are told they can keep any funds they steal off the Internet on their own time, but that if they ever betray COBRA, or are captured by the enemy, the vest they wear will explode!

Notes:
Recipe:
ROC COBRA Commander
POC General Hawk head
POC Alley Viper "Resolute" helmet
VvV Wrist module with Knife inserted into hole.
Various electronic gear, such as laptops etc.

This is a throw-together bash. I had a broken ROC COBRA Commander figure ( broken at left elbow) that was laying around in my parts box, and I decided to do a quick repair with him. I simply glued the forearm to the elbow with 5-minute epoxy--thus repairing the figure for my needs.
I swapped a fair number of heads and parts on the figure, trying to find combos that worked. For a while I considered making a Medi-Viper, but that would have involved some painting, and this is a straight-from-the-bow kitbash ( the best kind!).
I grabbed a POC Hawk head, realized that it was small enough to fit most of the smaller helmets and headgear and just swapped items until I found a look I liked.
He doesn't have any COBRA sigils on him ( so he could technically even be a Joe, if you preferred), so one could keep the jacket on him. (I put mind on a Red Skull figure ).
Now, I just have to figure out the font used on the stands so I can print out a proper label