JoeCanuck

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Red and white once again! We've restored the classic look of JoeCanuck.

Author Topic: Rough idea on Dio-story script  (Read 4544 times)

Agent_Loop

• phpBB CanJoeCon Staff
  • Back-Stop Wannabe
    • View Profile
    • http://www.jasonloo.com/
Rough idea on Dio-story script
« on: April 15, 2005, 12:46:31 PM »

After gathering some of the ideas, I have come up with a very basic outline of the plot in Joe Canuck: the Movie. I didn't want to make things too specific/detailed, so there will be some creativity and fun left during the shooting of the dio-story at the Meet. Your input is welcome!

-Duke informs team Joe Canuck of leads to suspicious corporate fundings for a top project related to Cobra.
-An Joe Canuck espionage team (Redmao, Metro, Agent Loop) is sent to one of the company branches to investigate further on Cobra's plans. The team is later caught right after capturing vital information, then gets into a crossfire with Alley Vipers. Before the team gets rescued by Jon S and the NAC, an Alley Viper plants a tracking device on one of the Canucks.
-Back in the JCHQ, Canuck team work with the retrieved information in the command room.
-feeling that JC knows too much about project Mass Device mark II, Cobra strikes an all-out attack on the JCHQ to try and shut their operations down. However, JC eventually overpowers the Cobra forces, thus retreating, but leaves JC HQ with only half a motor pool.
-Fortunately, the vital project plans are still in JC hands, so Field Commander BH Mike decides to take immediate action and splits the JC team into three: recon team is sent to the crystal mine and learn more about the special fuel that powers the MD mkII, only to encounter Demolisher and Toxo Vipers (or Heavy Waters, Arctic,); an Infiltration team is sent into the secret Cobra arctic base to shut down the MD mkII; the third team is waiting several miles away from the Cobra base, providing communication (from Radio Guy) and instructions for the two field teams before their big attack on the Cobra base.
-The end, of course, is when the Cobra base gets demolished with a big bang.

It may seem like a simple plot, but considering the limited time some people have at the Meet, it should only take a minimum of a couple hours to shoot it.

If two digital cameras are present, we can take the advantage of shooting multiple shoots, like when the team splits into three groups.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »

Scramble

• phpBB Global Moderator
  • Mudslinger Wannabe
    • View Profile
« Reply #1 on: April 15, 2005, 12:56:19 PM »

What if, instyead of Duke just telling us that something is up, we open with a fight scene that demonstrates all our military specialities in quick snippets and we come across some key information. Then Duke tells us that the State-side Joe team had been trailing this info for a few months until the trail went cold. It ends up that Cobra moved its opperations to Canada, out of GI Joe's jurisdiction, and it's up to the Joe Canuck team to stop them.

That way we open with something exciting instead of a board room scene, and we can establish our characters early on, like the hearts in Pete's eyes whenever Raptor's around.

Otherwise, sounds like fun.
Updated!

Raptor

• Mudslinger Wannabe
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 15, 2005, 10:36:18 PM »

Scramble, you're a creep.  :wink:

Loop, am I a good guy or a bad guy? Is Joe Canuck in this? Did you want me to bring Joe Blow, his american arctic nemises?

What about the army of poorly articulated ninjas and the Raptordrome?

- Raptor
\"\'Must-look-akward-ya-hoo!\"

morgardee

• Pimp Daddy Destro
  • SNAKE!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 15, 2005, 11:13:31 PM »

As long as Chef Morgardee gets to hit someone with a frying pan I'm down! I should look and make sure I still have that little frying pan before I say that...

Loop, what sort of props or figures do you need?
Night Force, the exact opposite of everything chrome.

Agent_Loop

• phpBB CanJoeCon Staff
  • Back-Stop Wannabe
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 16, 2005, 08:17:39 PM »

Scramble- Sounds good...we'll figure something out for the beginning at the Meet. Unless one of us comes up with an idea before the meet; an idea that leads to breaking into the Cobra bureau.

Raptor- Of course you'll be a good guy. It was hard to come up with something for a Government Liason, but I'll treat your character as an Intelligence...same thing, but more function. I guess we could bring in our own Joe Canucks as the JC army builders. We could sneak in Joe Blow somewhere in the motor pool. And if the Raptordrome is Mass Device mark II we were referring to since the beginning, then yes, bring it! Since it's the vital part of the story!

Morgardee- For props, we could use some styrofoam as parts of the Cobra arctic base that surrounds the MDmkII. Whatever you think that can be handy from reading the outline above, then bring it.  Also, Cobra Army Builders would be nice.

Also...Does anyone have any clean white sheets that we could use as the arctic backdrop? Let me know by Wednesday. If not, I'll run out and found one.

night force cynic

• phpBB Joe Canuck Trooper
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 16, 2005, 08:22:33 PM »

should I bring my Cynic figure for this thing?  or is the cast of the movie already decided!?

Agent_Loop

• phpBB CanJoeCon Staff
  • Back-Stop Wannabe
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 16, 2005, 10:52:01 PM »

Quote from: ""night force cynic""
should I bring my Cynic figure for this thing?  or is the cast of the movie already decided!?

Go for it! I feel the Joe Canuck roll call has a small number, and I know there are other attending members that haven't posted on the roll call thread. Bring it!

Scramble

• phpBB Global Moderator
  • Mudslinger Wannabe
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 18, 2005, 01:18:49 PM »

Since Demolisher is in this, what if we connect his missing eye to one of the Joe members?
Updated!

morgardee

• Pimp Daddy Destro
  • SNAKE!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 18, 2005, 01:20:44 PM »

Found my Joe sized frying pan. That needs to be written in somewhere.  :shifty:
Night Force, the exact opposite of everything chrome.

Agent_Loop

• phpBB CanJoeCon Staff
  • Back-Stop Wannabe
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 18, 2005, 02:40:50 PM »

Quote from: ""Scramble""
Since Demolisher is in this, what if we connect his missing eye to one of the Joe members?

I was thinking of having him in a one-on-one slugfest against Pete the Greek, during the Crystal mine scene. So the missing eye thing could sorta lead into the fight...
Demolisher and Pete meet face to face near a cave...Demolisher quotes "an eye for an eye", to hint his previous encounter with Pete...then they brawl (not in the Big Brawler sense...not that anything is wrong with that).