JoeCanuck

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Red and white once again! We've restored the classic look of JoeCanuck.

Author Topic: A quick intro and explanation  (Read 2572 times)

shdwknt

• phpBB Rookie
    • View Profile
A quick intro and explanation
« on: April 08, 2008, 10:47:39 PM »

Hello all,

Rick K.  - Michigan.

Long time action figure collector - Star Wars, He-Man, GI Joes, Hot Wheels ect ect ect.. my collection spans the upside of 12 years - with everytype of figure you can think of.. anything vintage definitly has my attention.

My current figure batches that I am collecting some star wars, halo, and Gi Joe - I am trying to slowly piece together vintage off the wall toys that I had as a kid - Madballs, Silver Hawks stuff of that nature.

I am interested in exclusives and definitly foriegn figures on different cards or figures that are exclusive to a different country (tri-logo star wars, blank card joes, karman masked rider hotwheels from japan)

** On a side note **

I want to apologize if anyone took my offer to bring target exclusive vehicles as a threat against the dealers.  Please allow me to fill in some backstory for a lot of people that did not get the full picture of how this all really went down originally:

I really just found out that I was going to be able to get the amount of vehicles that I did in the past probably 4-5 days.. I contacted Mike outside of the site via email asking if I could have a list of the dealers that would be at the show - as to offer the vehicles to the dealers only so that I would not be stepping onto toes.  At first I had intentions on making the entire show - due to some restrictions - I wasnt going to be there - and asked mike to let me sell them directly to the dealers so that they could resell them.

Understandably - for privacy reasons he declined to give out the information stating that at first it would be ok to bring the vehicles..  to possibly trade.. I started making a few post letting people know that where asking that I would be bringing the cases and that I would sell them.

The post got pulled because they where in the wrong forum - that is fine - mike said hey look I dont want any issues at my show - please dont sell the cases at the show - but if you get rid of them in the parking lot I cant stop you.

Again I agree and understand - I didnt want any of this to go sideways thus the reason I had tried to do it low profile outside of the forums.  I told mike I dont want anyone upset - I just wanted to supply the dealers with the vehicles and offer them up knowing you guys cant get them.

We where all cool - and then somewhere something got read wrong and someone got upset..

I apologize - I really do.. I did NOT want this to get blown up like I was trying to get past the meet rules. I just did not know I was going to come into all the cases and at that time was unable to dedicate the full show time..

I TRUELY ment to get a hold of the dealers and put the vehicles into their hands so that they could have re-sold them.. I did not want to do it this way.. but at the same time I really dont want to get stuck with these cases now that I bought them - and since I was going to drive 10hours round trip to check out the show and do some shopping I figured it would have been nice to supply the show with the target exclusives in as much of a proper way as possible.

Again - if I offened anyone or if it looked like I was trying to NOT pay for a table - that is and was NOT the case.. I really wanted to give these to the dealers outside of the show so they could resell them!

Guys forgive me.. I just want to hang out - buy joes.. and have a good time like everyone else!

- Rick K.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »

BHMike

• Administrator
  • Pimp Daddy Destro
    • View Profile
    • http://www.bountyhuntertoys.com
Re: A quick intro and explanation
« Reply #1 on: April 08, 2008, 10:52:59 PM »

My big problem is that you offered it to EVERYONE on the site - not just the dealers.

My suggestion would be this. ASK the dealers when you get inside the Joe Meet if they're interested. If they are, then you can work something out with them. Everyone is allowed to sell to the dealers - that's why they paid the fee to set up and sell/buy/trade at the event.

Mind you, I suggest waiting 30 minutes after the doors open since they'll no doubt be busy with people coming in. ;-)

Offering cases to all members, when some dealers MAY be bringing them in as well - it screwing over the dealers at the Joe Meet - intentionally or not.

I had to make a quick call, and locking down that thread was my choice - in favour of the dealers and their right to sell at the event. That is the ONLY reason. ;-)

See you on the 19th!

shdwknt

• phpBB Rookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 08, 2008, 11:03:50 PM »

Mike, like I said bro - I understand.. no harm - no foul.. I think it got out of hand quickly.. I completely understand everyones stand - thus my apology I didnt mean for it to catch fire like that.. :)

you wont have to worry about me interupting the show.. I will have a low profile...

latinjoe22

• Global Moderator
  • Mudslinger Wannabe
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 15, 2008, 10:27:33 PM »

shdwknt,

I think I can speak for some of us that you realized your mistake, you offered your apologies, and that shows that you're humble in more than one way. That's a good thing. Someone who would've done such a thing ( sell without beeing a dealer ) intentionaly to hurt dealers' business would not feel remorse or wouldn't see anything wrong in what they are doing. From my side, you were already forgiven as soon as you apologized. Take it easy and See you at the Meet  :)
2 + 2 = 22