JoeCanuck

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Red and white once again! We've restored the classic look of JoeCanuck.

Author Topic: Just checkin in..  (Read 9550 times)

Deadshot

• phpBB Dead Eye Mechanic
    • View Profile
Just checkin in..
« on: October 26, 2018, 11:55:06 PM »

Crazy legs  mentioned the  site on  the Book face,   so, I decided to  check  back in.

so.... uh,  Hi.
Zinthos.

canprime

• Back-Stop Wannabe
    • View Profile
Re: Just checkin in..
« Reply #1 on: October 27, 2018, 10:57:23 AM »

Hey.  It is ghost town here now.  You'll be lucky to see one-two posts a month.  Less even is more likely.  Hopefully with the news of a new Snake Eyes movie it might pick up a little.

Sundance

• Mudslinger Wannabe
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 27, 2018, 02:57:35 PM »

*coughs on the dust*

Hey.
Paratroopers don't die, they go to Hell and regroup.

morgardee

• Pimp Daddy Destro
  • SNAKE!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 29, 2018, 08:18:14 PM »

I saw the same post on Face Book and followed Pete. Been a long time. Surprised I remembered my old password.

I can't remember the last time I logged in here. Same with Joe Customs and Hiss Tank.

Most Joe talk happens on social media for me knowadays. Maybe it's just me but GI Joe isn't as high on my priorities as it used to be.

Still, I made some good friends and had fun making toys back in the day.

So yeah, hi!
Night Force, the exact opposite of everything chrome.

canprime

• Back-Stop Wannabe
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 31, 2018, 02:51:03 PM »

I saw the same post on Face Book and followed Pete. Been a long time. Surprised I remembered my old password.

I can't remember the last time I logged in here. Same with Joe Customs and Hiss Tank.

Most Joe talk happens on social media for me knowadays. Maybe it's just me but GI Joe isn't as high on my priorities as it used to be.

Still, I made some good friends and had fun making toys back in the day.

So yeah, hi!

Hey Morgardee!!  Long time.  Yeah it is definitely lonely here now.  Good to see an old name pop up after so long.

latinjoe22

• Global Moderator
  • Mudslinger Wannabe
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 31, 2018, 06:22:37 PM »

Man, it's been a while indeed.

I haven't been Joe-busy lately. I've focused mainly on Star Wars and other sci-fi related toylines like the 90's Kenner Aliens which has always been my passion, after Gi joe. But I haven't been much focused on collecting.

What have you guys been up to?

2 + 2 = 22

Sundance

• Mudslinger Wannabe
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 01, 2018, 02:58:53 PM »

looking after my Mum who's developed Parkinson's

playing Angry Birds 2 and Marvel Contest of Champions

watching DVDs and reading comics.

plotting a DC-pastiche superhero story that I started writing and then stopped because of the heat-wave we had in the summer and then being distracted by other stuff.

B

• phpBB Timbit Wannabe
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 21, 2018, 03:15:00 PM »

wow. where has the time gone?

Probably should have started a new thread but I don't know if that's really necessary.

Things seem very quiet... sadly so.

well to fill in anyone who still may care. Things are very busy for me personally. Late October my family welcomed our 6th child. Another daughter which brings the total to 5 girls and 1 boy.

Actually I'm enjoying some holidays currently and pulled out some of the my toys from storage.
Going to assemble some MegaBlok: Dragon sets with the kids next week during Christmas break but I have to sort them into their sets first.

Had the joes out, but only my second youngest daughter(4) seems interested. Looking at them I'm really thinking that if I ever decide to get back into the swing of collecting I might dump all my other toylines and just focus on 82-89 joes. Went to a collectables store called Cobra Collectables here in Winnipeg on a whim and really enjoyed looking at their setup. I'm not sure when I will have the space or money to get back into collecting but I still think fondly on it.

I hope everyone else here is doing well. I'm not on any social media so I don't know how often I'll be back, so wishing you all Christmas wishes and New Years! Stay safe everyone.

B

turner

• phpBB HATE Mechanic
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 25, 2018, 08:13:18 AM »

Hey guys!  Merry Christmas!  I?m literally laying in bed, just woke up (Christmas morning), thought about God stepping into His own creation as a baby.  I thanked Him and thought, only God could and would do that.  Then somehow ended up here!

Sundance

• Mudslinger Wannabe
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 25, 2018, 02:27:13 PM »

merry christmas, canucks!

canprime

• Back-Stop Wannabe
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 26, 2018, 09:01:26 AM »

Belated Merry Christmas to everyone!!

Turner, B, and others...don't be a stranger on the boards.  C'mon back once in awhile to try and keep joecanuck alive until the Snake Eyes movie gets up and running!

Happy New Year as to all as well.

Pete The Greek

• Administrator
  • Mudslinger Wannabe
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 29, 2018, 04:12:50 PM »

Facebook has killed most message board traffic out there.

I am hardly active on social media any more.  Facebook and all that political crap on it has turned me off.   

The only GI JOE stuff I have interest in right now is some of the customs that have been made.  Otherwise, Hasbro decision to shelve the product as made it easy for me to collect other toys. 
Go Leafs Go - just end '67