JoeCanuck

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Red and white once again! We've restored the classic look of JoeCanuck.

Author Topic: David Willis to be at the Canadian G.I. Joe Convention  (Read 2053 times)

BHMike

• Administrator
  • Pimp Daddy Destro
    • View Profile
    • http://www.bountyhuntertoys.com
David Willis to be at the Canadian G.I. Joe Convention
« on: March 27, 2009, 08:31:15 AM »

The Canadian G.I. Joe Convention is pleased to announce David Willis, cartoonist and fellow G.I. Joe Fan as a guest at the 2009 Canadian G.I. Joe Convention on May 2nd in Hamilton, Ontario. Come meet David and pick up one of his Shortpacked! trades or commission him for some Joe Art.

"David Willis is no stranger to the world of webcomics, having started his first series, Roomies!, in 1997.  Including Roomies!, he has four webcomics series under his belt, such as the military sci-fi drama It?s Walky!, its more domestic sequel Joyce and Walky!, and Shortpacked!, a toy store's look at action figures and pop culture.

Raised in La Porte, Indiana, David Willis graduated from the Illinois Institute of Art in Schaumburg, Illinois with a Bachelor in Fine Arts, despite spending most of his time doodling Destro in the margins of his notes. David Willis currently resides with his fiancee in Columbus, Ohio, where he hopes some day he can be attacked by Cobra and rebuilt by the government into the first cyberorganic member of the armed forces, ROBO-DAVE."
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »

xhairs

• phpBB Hailstorm Pilot
    • View Profile
    • http://s285.photobucket.com/albums/ll68/XHAIRS_photos/
Re: David Willis to be at the Canadian G.I. Joe Convention
« Reply #1 on: March 27, 2009, 02:36:28 PM »

sweeeet man you are the man.
CUSTOM TOYS ARE THE BEST TOYS !!!!!!!!!!!!
ORING, CLASSIC & RESOLUTE FOR LIFE!!!!!!!!!

Scramble

• phpBB Global Moderator
  • Mudslinger Wannabe
    • View Profile
Re: David Willis to be at the Canadian G.I. Joe Convention
« Reply #2 on: March 27, 2009, 07:50:28 PM »

Cool. He and I share a passion for Robo-Joe. I'd love to get an original sketch of the Real American Cyborg by a fan that gets kitch.
Updated!