JoeCanuck

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Red and white once again! We've restored the classic look of JoeCanuck.

Author Topic: TRU Expands their Joe inventory....  (Read 11262 times)

AlleyViper

• phpBB Frostback Trooper
    • View Profile
TRU Expands their Joe inventory....
« on: July 06, 2004, 02:54:49 AM »

I was in a TRU today and found some new Joe stuff...are you ready?

The Spytroops VHS movie pack with the Snake-eyes, Duke and CC figures.  It was $15.  Smells like a peg warmer to me.   :?

From what I've heard the movie is beyond terrible, and I don't need any more of those figures.  So...pass on this for me.  :(
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »
mmmm...... \":timbits:\"

Spillspleen

• HATE Mechanic
    • View Profile
« Reply #1 on: July 06, 2004, 01:04:56 PM »

I got the movie on DVD with the 12" two pack Snake Eyes/Storm Shadow...for a kids movie I would say it was really really good...both my boys, ages 5 and 3 were standing throughout the whole movie...so I would give it a 5 out 5 as a rating!!!

Mastermind

• phpBB Rookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 06, 2004, 11:45:34 PM »

I picked up the movie and 3-pack for a couple of reasons. I want TRU to continue getting Joe product so purchasing a bit here and there from them will hopefully convince them to continue carrying the line. With so many of the better figures coming out as TRU exclusives it would be a shame if the Canadian retailers decided it isn't worth the trouble to export them here. As well, I do a ton of customizing so three more figures can easily be customized into something other than Duke, Snake Eyes and Cobra Commander.
I can only speak for myself but the movie was let-down. I just couldn't believe that Beachhead sounds like a fifteen year old surfer and Shipwreck, in my mind, should sound like Jack Nicholson. For all the hype at the convention last year I was disappointed when I finally saw the film.
never know what to say in these things. Think of the most clever thing you\'ve ever heard and then pretend I said it here.

Scramble

• phpBB Global Moderator
  • Mudslinger Wannabe
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 07, 2004, 08:20:28 PM »

This is one item I don't expect to reach Quebec. So the question is, do I go out of my way to finally see this thing (other than in the background at the last Canuck Con, since I was busy meeting new and interesting people, and Raptor) by buying a $15 pack of three figs I don't want instead of a $40 pack of two 12" I don't want...
Updated!

Spillspleen

• HATE Mechanic
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 07, 2004, 10:14:08 PM »

Uuuuuuu...the 2 pack with 12" Snake Eyes and Storm Shadow is 12.97 at any Target...it has been on sale for months...so you get two 12" figures...and a DVD Joe movie for 12.99 plus tax and exchange and duty...lol...you could go to Toy R Us and pay 19.99 but why?Scramble?did you look up the price at Brian?s toys or something?lol?because he is the only one who would charge that much extra?lol?anyways for that price I could not pass...especially with two young boys who went crazy while was opening the package...lol...and again the movie is made for kids...you can not sit down and expect to have a continuation of the old cartoon by guys who obviously never watched or did any research...but is was full of action and even though I do not like the new vehicle style the match between toy and movie representation was awesome...all cool in my books!!!:thumbsup:  :thumbsup:  :thumbsup:

Pete The Greek

• Administrator
  • Mudslinger Wannabe
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 15, 2004, 10:27:21 PM »

Quote from: ""Mastermind""
I can only speak for myself but the movie was let-down. I just couldn't believe that Beachhead sounds like a fifteen year old surfer.

The voice for Beachhead in the VvV movie has been changed, more towards the vintage voice.
Go Leafs Go - just end '67