JoeCanuck

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Red and white once again! We've restored the classic look of JoeCanuck.

Author Topic: Ever been embarrassed by your hobby?  (Read 4716 times)

dodge822

• phpBB Shiver Wannabe
    • View Profile
Re: Ever been embarrassed by your hobby?
« Reply #12 on: August 11, 2009, 04:43:19 PM »

hey morg, i had the same boots as you, up till last year, but i still have my leather jacket, (minus the paint), my bomber full of patches, and all my chains, and spiked bracelets, lol.  

as for the real question,

embaressed, why? its part of who i am, and its what i like to do, i have been laughed at, and picked on for it. never stopped me.  
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »
General Hawk: Technically, G.I. Joe does not exist, but if it did, it\'d be comprised of the top men and women from the top military units in the world, the alpha dog\'s. When all else fails, we don\'t.

Canuklehead

• phpBB Dead Eye Mechanic
    • View Profile
    • http://www.ekcomics.com
« Reply #13 on: August 11, 2009, 05:06:57 PM »

I have so many other things to be embarrassed about, my hobbies are hardly worth the worry-effort.

When the cashier at Toys R Us looks over my stack of GI Joes and asks me if I need a gift receipt; I straighten my back, hold my head up high, look her in the eye and proudly declare "No, that's alright.  I'm fine."

morgardee

• Pimp Daddy Destro
  • SNAKE!
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 11, 2009, 06:18:17 PM »

I gave up the music thing years ago.

We still talk about recording new music but now that we all have kids it's a bit hard.
Night Force, the exact opposite of everything chrome.

olyeller01

• phpBB Newsletter Staff
  • phpBB HATE Mechanic
  • Paint-Viper
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: August 11, 2009, 08:20:25 PM »

Quote from: "THE Mike?"
I have never once been ashamed or scared to admit that I collect, and like toys.

If you feel the need to hide it, then you're in the wrong hobby.

I don't really feel the need to hide it, and like I said, the girl did nothing to make me uncomfortable, but I just wish Hasbro had sent them in plain boxes :)  Kinda like if I had gotten a box delivered to the office with HUSTLER stamped all over it, well, you know, I really don't care what you think, but uh, yeah.  I'm gonna go now.

And Ian/Recon, your post was spot-on.  If I had all my toys still in their boxes, I'd be a VERY rich man.  But then I wouldn't have had anywhere near as much fun.  When I have kids, we're opening everything.  But kiddo, if you touch the SkyStriker, I'll have your rear end  ;D
OlYeller01
Paint/Mustang Man
Reviewer at Large!