JoeCanuck

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Red and white once again! We've restored the classic look of JoeCanuck.

Author Topic: Serpent Armor, Rocket Pack, etc.  (Read 12575 times)

Jay

• HATE Mechanic
  • Won a record for "longest time as Shatner's hair".
    • View Profile
Re: Serpent Armor, Rocket Pack, etc.
« Reply #24 on: November 12, 2009, 12:23:10 AM »

Quote from: "Pete The Greek"
Quote from: "Stealth Viper"
This wave is hard to find in the US at Targets. Most Targets are still sitting on Wave 1 and haven't got them. The ones that have had them, the SNAKE Armor sets are long gone.

My US contact ran into this problem while on the look out in terms of finding all four sets for myself.  The Black Snake/Serpent armour sets are long gone. 

I may get another one.  But at a $30 per, Canadians are being commercially raped in comparison to what Americans paid for them (which is the case for most things in this country). 
Yeah, but there's "10$ for a 7$US toy" rape and then there's "30$ for a 10$US toy" epic rape.

Because, seriously. Where's the harm in at least trying to get the price lowered, guys?
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »
You're far too young to be this bitter and angry at the world....

Kronz

• phpBB Frostback Trooper
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: November 12, 2009, 01:40:34 AM »

The only upside I can see to these presumably being mistakenly super-overpriced is that maybe they will still be on a shelf when I get a chance to be out and about during Zellers business hours.

With all the talk of the SNAKE and jet pack, I don't even know what the other two sets are, anyone care to enlighten me?

Jay

• HATE Mechanic
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: November 12, 2009, 01:50:22 AM »

Quote from: "Kronz"
The only upside I can see to these presumably being mistakenly super-overpriced is that maybe they will still be on a shelf when I get a chance to be out and about during Zellers business hours.

With all the talk of the SNAKE and jet pack, I don't even know what the other two sets are, anyone care to enlighten me?
Storm Shadow with Arashikage Cycle (standard ROC Storm Shadow with Defense Of Cobra Island Range-Viper belt instead of articulation-restricting skirt, riding the old VvV Ninja Lightning cycle)
Wet-Suit with Dragonfish (Assault On Cobra Island Wet-Suit with Spy Troops Wave Crusher).

I know a lot of you guys are nuts for the Serpent Armor, and I can understand the appeal there, but I find the Serpent Armor to look archaic compared to everything else in ROC.

The toy I personally want is Storm Shadow. Cool cycle, masked Storm Shadow without articulation-neutering skirt and comes with the Nanomite Warhead launcher. Plus his red highlights look really sweet.

canprime

• phpBB Blue SNAKE
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: November 12, 2009, 08:59:35 AM »

Found these (4 sets) at Eglinton/Birchmount.  Funny thing about the price.  The cashier rang in 2 and did a double take on the price.  She even said that it was expensive.

Stealth Viper

• Administrator
  • Black Ice Wannabe
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: November 12, 2009, 09:12:48 AM »

Quote from: "Jay"
Because, seriously. Where's the harm in at least trying to get the price lowered, guys?

No harm in trying. None at all.

If successful, I'll just take my receipt back for a price adjustment.
Quote from: \"Pete The Greek\"
My review of the Rat:

A little piece of crap.

Stealth Viper

• Administrator
  • Black Ice Wannabe
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: November 12, 2009, 10:30:38 AM »

Quote from: "Pete The Greek"
This wave is hard to find in the US at Targets. Most Targets are still sitting on Wave 1 and haven't got them. The ones that have had them, the SNAKE Armor sets are long gone.

My US contact ran into this problem while on the look out in terms of finding all four sets for myself.  The Black Snake/Serpent armour sets are long gone. 

I may get another one.  But at a $30 per, Canadians are being commercially raped in comparison to what Americans paid for them (which is the case for most things in this country). 

My theory is that the 1st wave was over-ordered by Target (which is why we got none here) and the second wave was produced in likely much smaller numbers due to thatbut the stores aren't ordering much because they're sitting on wave 1 stock (much like how we miss waves of figures here in Canada)

So they are sending a bunch of the second wave up to Canada to move it - which would indicate to me, as these are an exclusive with a presumably small run - that they won't be around too long here, and restock at US Targets will be minimal.
My review of the Rat:

A little piece of crap.

Jay

• HATE Mechanic
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: November 12, 2009, 05:55:05 PM »

Neat.

I still find it just a tad bit hilarious that for just 5$ more, I can get a Storm Shadow on a motorcycle three times bigger than the one at Zellers. (ie, the 12" Storm Shadow with motorcycle at Wal-Mart)

Oreobuilder

• phpBB Hailstorm Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: November 12, 2009, 06:35:47 PM »

Zellers only does price adjustments within 2 weeks of purchase. Hopefully the price goes goes down soon...  :-

OB

canprime

• phpBB Blue SNAKE
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: November 12, 2009, 07:02:10 PM »

Well it looks like there is a sale on all Joe toys starting tomorrow.  Apparently 25% off so that would make them around $21 before tax.  Not great, but better.  I know I'll be going in for my price adjustment.

Kronz

• phpBB Frostback Trooper
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: November 12, 2009, 07:28:29 PM »

No sign of these at Masonville Zellers in London but they had about 30 of the rescue mission sets for some reason. Either someone got these and left no trace or they never stocked them.

I still think these will show up more for Target in stores soon. If ours are trilingual, they are not the same stock as Target would get anyway, the first wave I have has no French or Spanish printing at all, I am sure wave 2 has been made the same way. I just want them in any case.

It's sad to see ROC grinding to a halt at my local retail. But it's clear that every department store feels burned by the summer glut of Dukes, Baroness and Destros. I hope Christmas shoppers can help move some of the leftovers from July but I am not holding my breath.

Jay

• HATE Mechanic
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: November 12, 2009, 07:59:41 PM »

Quote from: "canprime"
Well it looks like there is a sale on all Joe toys starting tomorrow.  Apparently 25% off so that would make them around $21 before tax.  Not great, but better.  I know I'll be going in for my price adjustment.
More like 22.50$, before tax. Still too much for those, in my broke-ass student opinion.

Stealth Viper

• Administrator
  • Black Ice Wannabe
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: November 12, 2009, 09:01:02 PM »

Quote from: "canprime"

Yep, I'll be there too
My review of the Rat:

A little piece of crap.