General Section > Off Topic

Some stuff I've been working on....

<< < (2/3) > >>

ARROW:

--- Quote from: B on February 14, 2014, 07:54:55 PM ---Looks good. Apparently I'm not very familiar with these heroes. I recognize Space Ghost, and a few others look familiar, but totally drawing a blank on anyone else name. You should do an off topic review of this fan magazine, I'm interested in seeing a couple of sample panels.....if you can/will that is.

--- End quote ---

Punch is a local Saskatoon fanzine, and slowly building its momentum. Amazing Stories has copies of issue number #2 that can still be had. Issue #1 is sold out. I think the cover price is $5, but there are coupons on the back cover that can recoup that cost if you make purchases.  The articles run the gamut of how-to's for cos-play, interviews with some of the store staff about their collecting interests, interviews with some celebrities appearing at local conventions,  articles about all sorts of comics subjects, as well as loads of fan art of all genres and media.  All works are voluntary.
Aside from my own contributions to #3, I don't know what is in store for the third issue, but the publisher has expressed that there's been growing interest with each issue. Issue#3 is due out in May.

As for the characters on the pin-up....

There's Space Ghost, of course.....and Birdman and Avenger, his side-kick falcon. There's Jan, Jace and Blip ( from Space Ghost) flying high overhead, all of the Herculoids and their human friends, Moby Dick with his two boys; Tom and Tub ( but no Scooby, the Sea Lion). There's Frankenstein Jr and his boy inventor Buzz Conroy on his shoulder, and on the ground in the background are the Impossibles: Fluid-Man, Multi-Man, and Coil-Man.  In front, are Mighty Samson and his lion buddy, Goliath. All of these are Hanna -Barbera action/adventure series originating from the 60's, and all are available on DVD ( and You-tube) as well.

latinjoe22:
That is a very nice rendition of those HB heroes. Here's my question to you: who or what are they running towards? They obviously should have a very good purpose to be leaping or sling shooting like that (and the rock was already thrown: so who got it on the face?) ;D

ARROW:

--- Quote from: latinjoe22 on February 22, 2014, 12:50:27 PM ---That is a very nice rendition of those HB heroes. Here's my question to you: who or what are they running towards? They obviously should have a very good purpose to be leaping or sling shooting like that (and the rock was already thrown: so who got it on the face?) ;D

--- End quote ---
It's just a show pose, not intended to be part of any story.  Consider it they are rushing heroically/gallantly towards trouble. :P

B:
looks like a black friday sale is going on.

grunt 4 mvp:
First off - amazing
Secondly - thanks for reminding me about some characters I would have never remembered!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version