JoeCanuck

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Red and white once again! We've restored the classic look of JoeCanuck.

Author Topic: 25th Snowbank by Turner  (Read 5282 times)

turner

• phpBB HATE Mechanic
    • View Profile
25th Snowbank by Turner
« on: June 26, 2010, 12:48:04 PM »

This is my 25th rendering of Snowbank.  I took some of these photos before realizing I hadn't finished the detail on the upper left arm.  Postin' him anyways :)

Had some problems with lighting and such that made the white look yellow.  He's actually bright white, compare the bottom photo.

Recipe:
Head and Helmet-ROC Aqua Viper Officer
Torso and Belt-Extreme Conditions Major Bludd
Hoses-Para-Viper kitbash
Arms and hands-Arctic Snake eyes
Legs and Feet-Bazooka
Laptop-ROC Cover Girl
Rifle and Pistol (not shown)-Airborne

Dremmeled the arm and leg joints to reduce paint rub.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »

Agent_Loop

• phpBB CanJoeCon Staff
  • Back-Stop Wannabe
    • View Profile
    • http://www.jasonloo.com/
Re: 25th Snowbank by Turner
« Reply #1 on: June 26, 2010, 01:35:11 PM »

Bravo! Great execution!

akpayne

• phpBB Timbit Wannabe
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 26, 2010, 03:31:47 PM »

That is fantastic looking - the removable helmet is a great touch!

morgardee

• Pimp Daddy Destro
  • SNAKE!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 26, 2010, 04:34:32 PM »

Excellent work! I love it.
Night Force, the exact opposite of everything chrome.

turner

• phpBB HATE Mechanic
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 26, 2010, 11:13:33 PM »

Thanks, guys!  I appreciate it!  I've started Timbit also!  May be awhile before he's ready to go though.

bandonov

• Black Ice Wannabe
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 26, 2010, 11:40:32 PM »

Great Job, excellent attention to details.
Lurking

NeoDragonKnight

• phpBB Timbit Wannabe
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 27, 2010, 12:19:15 AM »

great work, looks very nice.  I was going to use a Mantis Lamprey head for a second try for mine, but I couldnt bear to destroy such an awesome figure.  :-[
How did you do the flag on the chest?  Ive been trying to figure out a good way to go about it yours seems perfect.
\"And I don\'t want the world to see me, cuz I don\'t think that they\'d understand... When everything\'s made to be broken, I just want you to know who I am...\"

turner

• phpBB HATE Mechanic
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 27, 2010, 01:35:29 AM »

Quote from: "NeoDragonKnight"
great work, looks very nice.  I was going to use a Mantis Lamprey head for a second try for mine, but I couldnt bear to destroy such an awesome figure.  :-[
How did you do the flag on the chest?  Ive been trying to figure out a good way to go about it yours seems perfect.

Thanks guys!  As for the emblem, it seems every project has some seemingly impossible barrier, so prayer has been essential, followed by gratitude.  In this case, I used some thin clear plastic from some packaging, laid it over the chest armor and traced the edges with a very fine sharpie.  I cut it out for a pattern.  I printed the emblem on white sticker paper and centered it on the plastic pattern and cut it out also.  To add some durability to the sticker, I overlaid it with clear packaging tape (actually, I did this before I cut it out).  Peeled the back and put it on, using an exacto knife to cut it for the upper and lower pieces.  I took the torso apart and added a little tape to shore up the underneath edges.  Glad you guys dig it!

As for using the mantis lamprey, I'm having some trouble with it, too!  I keep thinking maybe I'll pick up another one on ebay sometime :)
« Last Edit: June 27, 2010, 01:38:46 AM by turner »

latinjoe22

• Global Moderator
  • Mudslinger Wannabe
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 27, 2010, 09:09:50 AM »

Ok you're going to hate me for this  ;D. I love the figure but just can't stand the fact that you gave him a face (I have the same problem with the Aqua officer figure). Aside of that, the attention to every detail is perfect and the neat Canadian flag on the chest is perhaps the best touch on it. I'm glad that you posted the instructions for it, that's very cool of you as it will help out a lot of us. Can't wait to see Timbit, it's rather fitting that he's your upcoming project, he was the other exclusive available with Snowbank at the 2008 Joe Meet/Convention.
2 + 2 = 22

turner

• phpBB HATE Mechanic
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 27, 2010, 10:36:07 AM »

Quote from: "latinjoe22"
Ok you're going to hate me for this  ;D. I love the figure but just can't stand the fact that you gave him a face (I have the same problem with the Aqua officer figure). Aside of that, the attention to every detail is perfect and the neat Canadian flag on the chest is perhaps the best touch on it. I'm glad that you posted the instructions for it, that's very cool of you as it will help out a lot of us. Can't wait to see Timbit, it's rather fitting that he's your upcoming project, he was the other exclusive available with Snowbank at the 2008 Joe Meet/Convention.

No worries, bro!  Snowbank was helmetless in the last newsletter comic, buy yeah, it didn't show his face. :)

olyeller01

• phpBB Newsletter Staff
  • phpBB HATE Mechanic
  • Paint-Viper
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 27, 2010, 04:30:57 PM »

Very very nice work.  I've been working on a 25th style Snowbank for a while and yours makes mine look like crapola.

When you say you "dremeled" the joints for paint durability, what exactly did you do & how?  I'd like to put my dremel tool to similar use.
OlYeller01
Paint/Mustang Man
Reviewer at Large!

turner

• phpBB HATE Mechanic
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 29, 2010, 11:12:40 AM »

Quote from: "olyeller01"
Very very nice work.  I've been working on a 25th style Snowbank for a while and yours makes mine look like crapola.

When you say you "dremeled" the joints for paint durability, what exactly did you do & how?  I'd like to put my dremel tool to similar use.

Sorry dude, I just saw this post!  Joint rub is a frustrating problem.  There is a tutorial on it with photos here:  http://www.angelfire.com/mech/jinsaotome/WorkspaceSetup/JointRub.html  

For the elbows and shoulders, I dremmeled the middle part of the hinge, and with the legs, that part is easilly accessible on Bazooka (different knee joint) when you take off the lower legs.
« Last Edit: June 29, 2010, 11:16:24 AM by turner »