JoeCanuck

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Red and white once again! We've restored the classic look of JoeCanuck.

Author Topic: Joe Meet 2008 : Thoughts and Comments!  (Read 32029 times)

kilcarr

• phpBB Rookie
    • View Profile
Re: Joe Meet 2008 : Thoughts and Comments!
« Reply #48 on: April 23, 2008, 12:26:48 PM »

Quote from: "THE Mike?"
Actually, before I forget, I need to thank Kilcarr. I accidentally ran into him just as he was checking into the hotel. He came to the hall and helped me set up the tables. So thanks "Ralphie"!

Anytime, bro. I was just glad to be able to help.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »

AmazonGrl

• phpBB Rookie
    • View Profile
    • http://www.myspace.com/cymotrichous1
« Reply #49 on: April 23, 2008, 12:52:29 PM »

Wow, where to start? Thanks to Mike, Stealth Viper (Frank), Raptor, Scramble, Denise, Jenn, Mrs. Stealth Viper, Loop, and everyone else who helped make this possible. It is amazing how much work went into this, and how humble everyone is about it.

It was fantastic seeing friends from last year's Meet. Tank Girl is super fun and is always great to hang out with. Plus I was really glad that I got to talk a little more to several people. Xhairs it was fun to BS with you and the other cool Canadian dude (sorry, I forgot your name  :-[). I was glad to sit across from Pete the Greek and Ed at dinner since I hadn't got to talk to either of them much last year. They are both a gold mine of Joe information and it was fascinating listening to them. You guys are very cool. I also got to talk to GISmiley and was glad to get to know him better too. :)

Snowbank and Timbit were both awesome figures. Loop's artwork is the bomb. It was cool seeing him sitting next to Larry Hama and having them both sign the Snowbank filecard. You guys rock!

Plus meeting Chief and Kilcarr (and Joy, Kilcarr's wife) was freaking the best. And everytime I see Viperlord I can't stop laughing. He is the funniest dude ever. The best part of the entire weekend was meeting and hanging out with everyone.

Quote from: "kilcarr"
BTW, my hat rules. Do not try to fight it.

Your hat is so not cool. But the fact that you kept wearing after all of the ridiicule impressed me. Kudos for you for embracing the old man nerd within yourself. ;)

I know I am forgetting someone, but just wanted to say that everything was better than expected and I can't say thanks enough for putting this all together.
She had not yet decided whether to use her power for good... or for evil....

xhairs

• phpBB Hailstorm Pilot
    • View Profile
    • http://s285.photobucket.com/albums/ll68/XHAIRS_photos/
« Reply #50 on: April 23, 2008, 03:48:17 PM »

AG yes it was since last yr we didnt even know each other was there lol.its the best part of the meet just to BS with everyone.
CUSTOM TOYS ARE THE BEST TOYS !!!!!!!!!!!!
ORING, CLASSIC & RESOLUTE FOR LIFE!!!!!!!!!

Pete The Greek

• Administrator
  • Mudslinger Wannabe
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: April 23, 2008, 10:37:53 PM »

Quote from: "THE Mike™"
Expect the 1st video within 24 hours! Now lets hear some great stories about your adventures getting to the Canadian Joe Meet and what you did all day!!

It was a dink of the day hat trick for me.  :(

First thing was that I picked up Jon S on my over.  After the pick up, I headed over to Pearson International Airport to pick up Larry (yes, that Larry).  At Pearson’s parking structure (around 10:25 AM), Ed calls me up and tells me Larry is in customs.  I figured this shouldn’t take long.  Once Jon and I were inside T1, the flight board indicated Larry's flight from NY arrived 27 minutes early.  Problem is I got there at the time the flight was suppose to arrive at 10:30 AM.  Since when do flights to Toronto arrive this early?  This is a first for me.  So Jon and I waited by the international arrivals for Larry. 

After 15 minutes, I had a hunch something was wrong.  I called up Larry with the number I was provided.  He tells me he was been waiting outside for 45 minutes.  My internal reaction was oh F@*&^.  I did not want Larry's day to start like this.  Raced over to Larry and apologized for the inconvenience.  Dink of the day moment number 2 for Pete happened when the parking ticket would not work in those F@*&^ing piece of shit pay machines at T1.  The parking ticket could not be electronically read.  So I said screw it.  There must be a humanoid at the bottom of the parking structure so I can pay cash, which is lost concept in this day in age. 

Dink of the day moment 3 for Pete.  There was a gate in the parking garage.  I thought it was only ticket activated.  So I parked the car and used one of the GTAA assistance buzzers.  They told me the gate was not ticket activated.  I still can’t figure out the point of the stupid gate in this area of the parking structure.  Finally, I got out of the parking structure via cash and we were on our way. 

In the car ride over, I did not want to talk about G.I. Joe with Larry unless he started the conversation.  I felt bad enough anyways and Larry hardly had any sleep.  But he did not nod off.  We talked about Toronto, Cabanajack, Larry’s past trips to Toronto, how the QEW along Oakville (yes, it’s an eye sore) looked like Kansas City etc.  As for the Joe talk, it was limited.  But Jon, you do need to follow up with current Joe events.

We arrived just in time for the meet at 12 PM. 

Three days later, I still feel that I phailed.

As for I what I did for the rest of the day, meet up with some old regulars of the meet, saw some new ones and shoot the shit for the most part.   It's all good.  Know if you excuse me, I need to check out that Hammerhead I got.  I haven't touch it since Saturday.

Mike and the rest of the crew, well done in putting the meet together.  And no F@*&^ing megaphone was needed or required. 
« Last Edit: April 23, 2008, 10:46:53 PM by Pete The Greek »
Go Leafs Go - just end '67

Stealth Viper

• Administrator
  • Black Ice Wannabe
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: April 23, 2008, 10:40:29 PM »

Quote from: "Pete The Greek"

We arrived just in time for the meet at 12 PM. 

Three days later, I still feel that I phailed.

On the contrary, you got Larry to the meet safe and sound, and at the scheduled time.

I call that success.
Quote from: \"Pete The Greek\"
My review of the Rat:

A little piece of crap.

BHMike

• Administrator
  • Pimp Daddy Destro
    • View Profile
    • http://www.bountyhuntertoys.com
« Reply #53 on: April 23, 2008, 11:20:41 PM »

I concur. Larry was to start signing around noon... and he did.

You made a ton of people happy in doing so. Therefore, you did not phail.... you winz!

pdaat

• phpBB Chacal Noir Wannabe
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: April 24, 2008, 04:36:26 AM »

Not only that Pete, but you got to spend more time with Larry than most of us.  I think you won all around that day (my son couldn't understand why I was so wound up waiting for an autograph).

And it was good to meet you and all the other members.

Paul
Victorious warriors win first and then go to war, while defeated warriors go to war first and then seek to win.

Hide Out

• phpBB Rookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: April 24, 2008, 11:03:33 AM »

Hey Mike? I was just Wondering but did anyone guess the right parts to Snow Bank? And since next year will not be a meet but a Convention, will there be more figures to give away or the same amount?

Stealth Viper

• Administrator
  • Black Ice Wannabe
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: April 24, 2008, 11:53:41 AM »

Quote from: "Hide Out"
Hey Mike? I was just Wondering but did anyone guess the right parts to Snow Bank? And since next year will not be a meet but a Convention, will there be more figures to give away or the same amount?

I can't answer the first question, but the answer to the second question is:

"The Staff at Joecanuck is working hard to find a way to make our exclusive figures available in greater quantities for future conventions"

Lol. Corporatespeak.

Seriously though, greater quantities of the exclusive(s) is one of our main goals for the 2009 convention.
Quote from: \"Pete The Greek\"
My review of the Rat:

A little piece of crap.

Pete The Greek

• Administrator
  • Mudslinger Wannabe
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: April 24, 2008, 04:57:37 PM »

Quote from: "Stealth Viper"
Quote from: "Bandalero"

Barely got a glimpse of Pete - he was holding a Cobra vehicle like it was his first born on his way out :)

That was the HammerHead - which deserves that kind of attention! The best playset Hasbro ever put out IMHO!

Did you stick around after Hama as I didn't see ya?  Anyways, I had to carry out the hammerhead like that as I was afraid some of the loose parts including the subs would have fallen off and lost/broke on the floor. I am not playing the game of buy the missing part any more.  Don't have the time or energy for it.
Go Leafs Go - just end '67

Hide Out

• phpBB Rookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: April 24, 2008, 10:12:55 PM »

Thankz Stealth Viper... Is there anymore pictures? My son and I loved the video and we are wondering which game did you guys used to make the Croc Master?

Scramble

• phpBB Global Moderator
  • Mudslinger Wannabe
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: April 27, 2008, 09:36:34 PM »

Made an album of the pre-meet where Chief and Viperlord brought in a truckload of GI Joe stuff, the Meet itself, post-Meet dinner, and then some shots of my Sigma 6 toy shelves loaded with the stuff I got this weekend.

Check it out!

EDIT: Warning! 200+ pics
« Last Edit: April 27, 2008, 09:42:55 PM by Scramble »
Updated!