JoeCanuck

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Red and white once again! We've restored the classic look of JoeCanuck.

Author Topic: POC at Walmart  (Read 15019 times)

Pete The Greek

• Administrator
  • Mudslinger Wannabe
    • View Profile
Re: POC at Walmart
« Reply #24 on: February 24, 2012, 04:25:09 PM »

found them at the south oshawa walmart aswell,

Sniff, my old stomping grounds.  Instead, I have to resort to Markham area Walmarts.  I found remains of this wave at Markville Mall yesterday. 

Back to writing up my Oshawa Centre assessment report, which is making me home sick.
Go Leafs Go - just end '67

garling23

• phpBB Frostback Trooper
  • "If your not in it, your out of it" -Joey Ramone
    • View Profile
    • http://www.facebook.com/chrismeadows
« Reply #25 on: February 26, 2012, 07:56:25 AM »

ya it was nice to see them there.  i find that location takes a little while to put out there stock.
Great Traders:

Pete the Greek
BHT
JIN

morgardee

• Pimp Daddy Destro
  • SNAKE!
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: February 26, 2012, 06:18:41 PM »

Man some days I LOVE Walmart.

Today I went to a Walmart. They had a bunch of 30th stuff. I grabbed a couple of Vipers since I don't have any with the red trim around the arms. Then I look at the price. It's still at $7.92. I took it to a price checker and it says "see an employee". So I go to the checkout, point out the sign and I know they have a rule that says they must sell it for the shown price. Also, they will give you up to $10.00 off your first purchase. So I got 2 Vipers for $7.92 total (plus taxes). So I found my own BOGO free deal and at the old rates.  ;)
Night Force, the exact opposite of everything chrome.

ARROW

• phpBB HATE Mechanic
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: February 26, 2012, 06:39:33 PM »

Today I went to a Walmart. They had a bunch of 30th stuff. I grabbed a couple of Vipers since I don't have any with the red trim around the arms. Then I look at the price. It's still at $7.92. I took it to a price checker and it says "see an employee". So I go to the checkout, point out the sign and I know they have a rule that says they must sell it for the shown price. Also, they will give you up to $10.00 off your first purchase. So I got 2 Vipers for $7.92 total (plus taxes). So I found my own BOGO free deal and at the old rates.  ;)

Yep, this is something that EVERYONE in Canada should be aware of, its called the Scanner Code of Practise ( SCOPe) and quite a few retailers abide by it. Its not law, but rather an agreed-to policy that many retailers have. The stores that take part show a small sign or sticker at the entrance, and the policy is basically as Morgardee has said: if the scanner and the checkout show a difference, you get the item for FREE (or a discount), up to $10 off.
http://www.competitionbureau.gc.ca/eic/site/cb-bc.nsf/eng/01262.html
There's other aspects to this, so reading up on it can be worth one's while.
Bear in mind that not all stores are signatories of this policy, and even some stores within a chain that are signatories may not play along.
If the store is a signatory and you bring it up, the manager might have to go check up on the policy before you can get the discount--which can take some time--and even then then may decline it. Again, it doesn't hurt to ask though....

pdaat

• phpBB Chacal Noir Wannabe
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: February 27, 2012, 04:32:17 AM »

Yep, this is something that EVERYONE in Canada should be aware of, its called the Scanner Code of Practise ( SCOPe) and quite a few retailers abide by it. Its not law, but rather an agreed-to policy that many retailers have. The stores that take part show a small sign or sticker at the entrance, and the policy is basically as Morgardee has said: if the scanner and the checkout show a difference, you get the item for FREE (or a discount), up to $10 off.
http://www.competitionbureau.gc.ca/eic/site/cb-bc.nsf/eng/01262.html
There's other aspects to this, so reading up on it can be worth one's while.
Bear in mind that not all stores are signatories of this policy, and even some stores within a chain that are signatories may not play along.
If the store is a signatory and you bring it up, the manager might have to go check up on the policy before you can get the discount--which can take some time--and even then then may decline it. Again, it doesn't hurt to ask though....
Someone told me if the item is over $10, you get $10 off - had not heard that and that is not how I read the rules.

A manager at WM gave me alot of grief over this once.  They had just finished a price drop event for SW figs and went back to the regular 9.92 vs the sale price of 7.92.  I picked up Mace Windu on Vintage card and saw there were still 7.92 tags on the pegs. When the cashier was confused over my claims of the SCOPe, she called a manager over.  At first the manager just said no.  Then when I challenged her she said it didn't apply because the scan comes up as "Vintage Figure" and Mace was in the newer trilogy, not the "Vintage" one - which kind of impressed me.

I called her boss Monday - at the time only to see if I was right or wrong.  After talking it over with him he agreed with me, I told him I didn't want it but he offered me a $25 GC for my trouble.
Victorious warriors win first and then go to war, while defeated warriors go to war first and then seek to win.

garling23

• View Profile
« Reply #29 on: February 28, 2012, 07:25:57 PM »

awesome score!
Great Traders:

Pete the Greek
BHT
JIN

bandonov

• Black Ice Wannabe
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: March 25, 2012, 05:19:02 PM »

The Walmart at Markville Mall put out a full case of PoC Wave 5 and 30th Ann Wave 1

The Walmart at Stouffville put out 2 cases of PoC Wave 5....

Are we EVER going to see the End of Wave 5???
Lurking

garling23

• View Profile
« Reply #31 on: March 27, 2012, 11:29:16 PM »

ya its crazy,  the walmarts in durham and clarington put out the 30th stuff (one case) and they flew off the shelves.  then it looks like the ordered more joes because they were a hit and they got in wave 5 by the boat load (2 or 3 cases) and they are peg warming nicely ::)
Great Traders:

Pete the Greek
BHT
JIN

bandonov

• Black Ice Wannabe
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: July 25, 2012, 01:52:45 AM »

The Walmart in Stouffville had all GI Joe figs PoC and Retaliation for $8 each.  Not sure if this was just that this walmart only or at all walmarts.  I will check a couple more tomorrow before I go to work.
Lurking

morgardee

• Pimp Daddy Destro
  • SNAKE!
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: July 25, 2012, 06:59:02 AM »

The Walmart in Stouffville had all GI Joe figs PoC and Retaliation for $8 each.  Not sure if this was just that this walmart only or at all walmarts.  I will check a couple more tomorrow before I go to work.

I can confirm this in the KW area.
Night Force, the exact opposite of everything chrome.

garling23

• View Profile
« Reply #34 on: July 25, 2012, 10:15:00 PM »

confirming pembroke ont aswell! lol $8 joes!
Great Traders:

Pete the Greek
BHT
JIN

Realboss

• phpBB Shiver Wannabe
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: August 01, 2012, 03:19:36 PM »

My area has them as well.  Blowtorch, Steelbrigade, Cobra troopers, Cobra Commander
There can be only one.  One true GIJoe that is!