JoeCanuck

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Red and white once again! We've restored the classic look of JoeCanuck.

Author Topic: AUGUST Newsletter now available!  (Read 14785 times)

Sundance

• Mudslinger Wannabe
    • View Profile
Re: AUGUST Newsletter now available!
« Reply #24 on: August 26, 2010, 02:36:58 PM »

fuckin' A.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »
Paratroopers don't die, they go to Hell and regroup.

turner

• phpBB HATE Mechanic
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: August 26, 2010, 05:20:51 PM »

Quote from: "Sundance"
Quote from: "turner"
Quote from: "jamarmiller"
Marvel UK did!
The one in the European Missions right?  That was crazy,...
they didn't kill him deliberately. there was an accident and he was killed. like Flint said, it was always going to come down to one or other of them.
you can read it here: http://www.bloodforthebaron.com/comics/ ... index.html
Yeah, I have the comic, but it seemed the whole point of the trainings was to keep going until one of them got killed.
« Last Edit: August 26, 2010, 05:33:51 PM by turner »

dodge822

• phpBB Shiver Wannabe
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: August 26, 2010, 06:19:00 PM »

Quote from: "bandonov"
Now that I read the newletter, excellent job as usual.  I like the story about LJ giving his Night Raven to a kid, Way to go! I loved that the Sarge made it to the Comics, he was as tough as I would expect!

that kid was my cousin, and he loved the night raven so much, it didnt stay in the box for 2 minutes after we were back in the truck to leave, mind you it is now scattered accross all 3 floors of his house.

Thanks again LJ
General Hawk: Technically, G.I. Joe does not exist, but if it did, it\'d be comprised of the top men and women from the top military units in the world, the alpha dog\'s. When all else fails, we don\'t.

latinjoe22

• Global Moderator
  • Mudslinger Wannabe
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: August 28, 2010, 12:10:48 AM »

Quote from: "Scramble"
Quote from: "olyeller01"
I tell ya, Loop's got a heck of a talent, and not just at drawing.  I've read that comic about five times so far and laughed each time, because I can just hear Sarge growling out the "Twenty sit-ups" line while popping a Timbit in his mouth!

My favourite part is "More finesse!"

Absolutely priceless. Moosejaw is denitely a leading character and comic relief. Great work Loop!
2 + 2 = 22

latinjoe22

• Global Moderator
  • Mudslinger Wannabe
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: August 28, 2010, 10:38:55 AM »

Quote from: "dodge822"
Quote from: "bandonov"
Now that I read the newletter, excellent job as usual.  I like the story about LJ giving his Night Raven to a kid, Way to go! I loved that the Sarge made it to the Comics, he was as tough as I would expect!

that kid was my cousin, and he loved the night raven so much, it didnt stay in the box for 2 minutes after we were back in the truck to leave, mind you it is now scattered accross all 3 floors of his house.

Thanks again LJ

I usually don't try to take credit for a good deed and I simply put it in my bag of good karma which is why I never said a word to anyone else about this, except to those involved at that moment, namely Scramble and Dodge. Dodge came to see me after I gave away the toy, and told me that the boy I gave the Raven to is is his cousin. I totally wasn't aware of this so that news became the third surprise of that moment. You're very welcome Dodge.

The kids really did show us that day a very valuable lesson about our love for the Joes and their model attitude towards one another when it comes down to selflessness and appreciation. I simply decided to apply for once a few things that I learned from my past Can Joe Cons. Whenever I buy a toy to keep it in its package or to display, it's still one toy less that could've gone into a kid's toy treasure box. Giving away the prize to someone who would enjoy it was a natural thing to do since I really didn't need it, and ultimately, in the spirit of the Can Joe Con.

Scramble, many thanks for putting up this story in this month's newsletter, reading it made me immediately go back in time. I'm rather flattered that you actually decided to tell this story and thank you for telling it the way it really happened. You really do have the great qualities of a journalist, and that only adds up to the already great impression I have of you when you leant your assistance to the panels.
2 + 2 = 22

Scramble

• phpBB Global Moderator
  • Mudslinger Wannabe
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: August 30, 2010, 12:20:07 PM »

Quote from: "latinjoe22"
Scramble, many thanks for putting up this story in this month's newsletter, reading it made me immediately go back in time. I'm rather flattered that you actually decided to tell this story and thank you for telling it the way it really happened. You really do have the great qualities of a journalist, and that only adds up to the already great impression I have of you when you leant your assistance to the panels.

It was one of my favourite moments from the con, and the kind of thing you can't plan for and would never expect. I was just happy to witness it all unfold.
Updated!