JoeCanuck

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Red and white once again! We've restored the classic look of JoeCanuck.

Author Topic: Thoughts on Classified and Retro lines?  (Read 470210 times)

Pete The Greek

• Administrator
  • Mudslinger Wannabe
    • View Profile
Re: Thoughts on Classified and Retro lines?
« Reply #336 on: January 31, 2024, 02:46:37 PM »

If a Snowcat is made, I will jump on that one.  One of my favorite vehicles as a kid. 
Go Leafs Go - just end '67

canprime

• phpBB Blue SNAKE
    • View Profile
« Reply #337 on: February 02, 2024, 05:35:03 AM »

Well hot damn!!

Talk about a bunch of great reveals.

Every single reveal was a banger in my opinion.  I love the update to Doc and Jinx.  Night Creeper looks great and I love that they included the V2 head.  GNAWGAHYDE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  I mean what is there to say about his reveal?  I love absolutely everything about it.  From the Pets (a highly articulate Boar with a nose ring and one broken tusk?  YES PLEASE!!) to the sniper rifle kit, to the bow and arrow, to Gnawgahyde himself!!!  This is a fantastic reveal and I can't wait for him to get a release.

I also loved the TF two pack of Roadblock and Tripwire.  Roadblock gets his Ma'Deuce and I am surprised that they gave Tripwire almost all of his kit from the first release as well.  I would have expected them to leave out M.A.C.L.E.O.D. and just give us the detector and backpack.  Also I love the TF print on M.A.C.L.E.O.D. that they give to the vehicles, a nice little detail.  I will say I can't unsee the "tiger stripe speedo" on Tripwire after someone mentioned that is what it looked like to them.

Another great set of reveals.

akpayne

• phpBB Timbit Wannabe
    • View Profile
« Reply #338 on: February 02, 2024, 09:11:47 AM »

Agreed - I think Doc looks the best!  The pill bottles on his helmet are a fantastic touch.  Removable vest for those that want a more original look.  Torch has coloured tattoos!  The other are also great looking, the two pack of repainted figures is going to be on the pricier side, I hope a regular release and not a store exclusive.

akpayne

• phpBB Timbit Wannabe
    • View Profile
« Reply #339 on: February 02, 2024, 11:23:22 AM »

Also I really hope Torch's sunglasses are not a hot mess like Ripper and Buzzer's are.

Sundance

• Mudslinger Wannabe
    • View Profile
« Reply #340 on: February 03, 2024, 02:17:01 AM »

thanks, B.
Paratroopers don't die, they go to Hell and regroup.

canprime

• phpBB Blue SNAKE
    • View Profile
« Reply #341 on: February 14, 2024, 05:57:33 AM »

Both love, and hate, the new leaks of Mad Marauders Sgt. Slaughter and the two pack of Low-Light and Spirit.

Hate the Mad Marauders colour scheme.

Love that they didn't just do straight repacks/repaints, but actually changed up the accessories quite a bit to make the packs a bit more unique from their original releases.  Also another pet!!!  I am pretty surprised they gave Spirit a different bird, even though it is most likely a reuse of Freedom with different paint apps.

akpayne

• phpBB Timbit Wannabe
    • View Profile
« Reply #342 on: February 14, 2024, 01:03:25 PM »

Agreed, the colour choice of the mauraders was never my favourite.  I do like the idea of them being in a two pack - hopefully with a lower price point than buying two individual figures.   Strange that Slaughter still comes with his "mini-me" figure.

akpayne

• phpBB Timbit Wannabe
    • View Profile
« Reply #343 on: March 01, 2024, 11:40:12 AM »

Will be picking up Aireborne today, looking forward to him.  Can't wait for the others from this wave.

akpayne

• phpBB Timbit Wannabe
    • View Profile
« Reply #344 on: March 01, 2024, 06:11:51 PM »

Airborne is great.  I had a very hard time geting him out of the plastic tomb!
Green googles- where do they go?  Night vision spcs that fit onto the helmet don't work or look proper.  And I wish the shovel on the backpack was removable.

Everything else about the figure is excellent.  I love the "reflective" glasses,  box art shows clear plastic, but these will look great once he is inside the Dragonfly.

When I picked him up, I was also informed that Metalhead should be arriving next week too.

akpayne

• phpBB Timbit Wannabe
    • View Profile
« Reply #345 on: March 05, 2024, 09:37:19 AM »

Sadly no Metalhead this week, it was the 60th Sailer/Diver.  I don't think I will be picking up the 60th figs, the only thing I really like is the gear they come with, but the price is way more than I would be willing to pay.

canprime

• phpBB Blue SNAKE
    • View Profile
« Reply #346 on: March 05, 2024, 01:40:06 PM »

Sadly no Metalhead this week, it was the 60th Sailer/Diver.  I don't think I will be picking up the 60th figs, the only thing I really like is the gear they come with, but the price is way more than I would be willing to pay.

Yeah people were expecting Metalhead through Amazon.ca but it looks like they had the date wrong.  Everywhere else had him releasing in April.

I agree about the 60th figures, but I am a sucker and will pick them up anyway.

I also preordered the HMS from Pulse, but I'll wait on the rest.

canprime

• phpBB Blue SNAKE
    • View Profile
« Reply #347 on: March 06, 2024, 05:16:55 AM »

Looks like anyone who ordered the VAMP off of Pulse needs to get ready.

They have moved up the expected ship date to next week (March 12th).