JoeCanuck

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Red and white once again! We've restored the classic look of JoeCanuck.

Author Topic: THE Mike / BHT RULES!!!!  (Read 22709 times)

SnowHawk

• phpBB Hailstorm Pilot
    • View Profile
Re: THE Mike / BHT RULES!!!!
« Reply #24 on: January 09, 2012, 08:58:31 AM »

Ran into Mike at the Burlington Toy Show on Jan 8th.  My kids bought some WWE stuff from him.  Mike gave my kids a very good deal and I was very impressed on how he dealt with my kids, and how they dealt with him.

My son is 8 and when we go to shows now, I let him do all the negotiations now.  I figure it's time for him to learn about money and commerce.

Big kuddos to Mike for a great transaction with my kids.

BHMike

• Administrator
  • Pimp Daddy Destro
    • View Profile
    • http://www.bountyhuntertoys.com
« Reply #25 on: January 09, 2012, 01:04:28 PM »

It was a pleasure. Your kids seem to really enjoy that stuff and I'm glad to see kids still have that strong of an interest in toys. I'm still amazed at just HOW MUCH your daughter loves that Mr. Sinister figure!

SnowHawk

• phpBB Hailstorm Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: January 09, 2012, 02:29:54 PM »

It was a pleasure. Your kids seem to really enjoy that stuff and I'm glad to see kids still have that strong of an interest in toys. I'm still amazed at just HOW MUCH your daughter loves that Mr. Sinister figure!

Last night, Mr. Sinister was riding a She-Ra horse she bought in the next room.  It was too funny.

crazylegs

• phpBB Dead Eye Mechanic
    • View Profile
    • Portfolio of Illustration & Design
« Reply #27 on: September 24, 2012, 07:55:23 PM »

Did a deal/trade with mike for comics for joes. The guy is busy allot but always has the time for people. Thanks mike. I forget all the times I've bought from BHTs to post on here. Bought so many things from BHT and it's always been awesome. So by rights there should be atleast 6 posts on here thanking him but just didn't realize there was a BHTs thread until now. The MIKE ROCKS!

"YO JOESKI!" - Horrorshow

Collection:
http://s1075.photobucket.com/albums/w430/Crazzylegs/GI%20JOE%20Collection/

Want List:
http:/

latinjoe22

• Global Moderator
  • Mudslinger Wannabe
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: November 12, 2012, 12:31:11 PM »

Finally went on a Saturday afternoon to visit Bounty Hunter Toys in Hamilton, ON. Nice storefront, nice space, strong variety of collectibles (even Kenner Aliens toys), nice displays, lots of retro 3 3/4 Joes and vehicles, as well as vintage Star Wars, most even with their boxes.

I was even surprised to find a Fisher Price Little People house with accessories and characters, which was exactly what I was trying to find for my daughter. Not only was the price very attracting, but the value was great. Most of the stuff I bought was cheaper than what I would buy from myself (sorry me).

Mike even had a Mego Star Trek the Motion Picture 3 3/4 inch rare alien character, which wasn't of Droid I was looking for  :D... but that showed Mike's effort to fill the needs of different collectors, especially those that follow multiple passions in their hobby, like me.

I also bought several loose Gi joe figures from the 2$ bin, and some neat accessories for my customs. Amonst what I picked up, I found: 2 Kay Bee alien exclusives and Night Vulture. I also got a loose Star Wars cloud car pilot that came out in 2010. As well a bunch of Starcases for loose figures.

And for those interested in knowing, yeah The Mike wasn't joking: there is way more Gi joe and other toylines at the physical store then what is already put out online, and with the speed and amount that this stuff can sell in one day, I can totally understand why all of it cannot be possibly make it on an online inventory. It just would be humanly impossible with the time it would take to accomplish that: I-M-P-O-S-S-I-B-L-E (And yes Martin, your odds of finding alot of old Joes are very very good  ;) ).

To add to selection, I was very happy to see The Mike and chill with him in good company of fellow Dodge822. I would go again next time I'm in town as I was very pleased with the experience. BHT, totally worth work checking it out!
« Last Edit: November 12, 2012, 12:34:02 PM by latinjoe22 »
2 + 2 = 22

grunt 4 mvp

• Back-Stop Wannabe
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: January 20, 2013, 06:53:54 PM »

Long overdue trip to BHT. 
the post above sums up the awesome lay-out very well.  I'll just add that the displays are mindboggling, the prices are great and trading was very easy.
Thanks Mike, look forward to stopping in again soon.
If you've got complete 90's figures FTS, PM me!

grunt 4 mvp

• Back-Stop Wannabe
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: July 14, 2013, 11:05:30 AM »

Another great deal at the store. If you haven't been, you need to.
Lots of stuff - not just Joes. 
Awesome!
Thanks Mike!
If you've got complete 90's figures FTS, PM me!

g.ijoecollecter3400

• phpBB Frostback Trooper
  • where not worthy
    • View Profile
The Mike
« Reply #31 on: September 20, 2013, 10:10:42 PM »

Sold some new 52 figures to THE MIKE,

He really helped me out,  good guy.

He had some trouble getting me my cash on time, but he sent me MORE then the agreed upon price. REALLY GGOD GUY. :)

Looking forward to buying a few things from BOUNTY HUNTER TOYS in the near future,

Thanks, Mike
I oppened the drawer and there it was "" GONE ""