JoeCanuck

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Red and white once again! We've restored the classic look of JoeCanuck.

Author Topic: Looking for GI Joe fans for new TV show  (Read 13234 times)

Radio Guy

• phpBB CJC Media Liason
  • phpBB Dead Eye Mechanic
    • View Profile
Re: Looking for GI Joe fans for new TV show
« Reply #24 on: February 14, 2007, 12:21:13 AM »

i just watched the transformers show and although not a collector of the toys, i found it really interesting.  like mike, if i had a much larger collection, then i would definately volunteer to be a part of it.  i caught another episode about the batman tv show with adam west, and the dukes episode you guys mentioned.  so far all of the shows have been very entertaining and fairly presented.  here's hoping that joe show is coming soon.

b
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »
Wherever you go, there you are.

Scramble

• phpBB Global Moderator
  • Mudslinger Wannabe
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: February 14, 2007, 04:11:57 PM »

Quote from: "Pete The Greek"
And any word on the couple of guys here that expressed interest in doing the GI JOE one?

It's down to four people: Myself; Zombieguide; Alyosha; and Aire.

I know there's a lot of hostility towards Aire, but she does have an interesting story. I just really hope they don't pick Alyosha. When Stephanie mentioned him, I told her he wasn't well liked online. He told her the same thing. The last thing I'd want to see is Alyosha pittying himself on TV.
Updated!

Pete The Greek

• Administrator
  • Mudslinger Wannabe
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: February 14, 2007, 05:13:18 PM »

Quote from: "Scramble"
Quote from: "Pete The Greek"
And any word on the couple of guys here that expressed interest in doing the GI JOE one?

It's down to four people: Myself; Zombieguide; Alyosha; and Aire.

I know there's a lot of hostility towards Aire, but she does have an interesting story. I just really hope they don't pick Alyosha. When Stephanie mentioned him, I told her he wasn't well liked online. He told her the same thing. The last thing I'd want to see is Alyosha pittying himself on TV.

I thought this was suppose to be about Canadian fanatics? 

But this should be interesting to see her collection.  Her house is literally packed with toys every where from what I have been told.
« Last Edit: February 14, 2007, 05:15:16 PM by Pete The Greek »
Go Leafs Go - just end '67

Radio Guy

• phpBB CJC Media Liason
  • phpBB Dead Eye Mechanic
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: February 14, 2007, 05:51:44 PM »

aside from the joe meet stuff, i know nothing about aire....what's her interesting story?  and what's the deal on alyosha?  i'm not familliar with him...  just lookin' for some background...thanks!
Wherever you go, there you are.

BHMike

• Administrator
  • Pimp Daddy Destro
    • View Profile
    • http://www.bountyhuntertoys.com
« Reply #28 on: February 14, 2007, 07:30:11 PM »

You or ZombieGuide.

and no offence Ryan. I'd like to see ZombieGuides stuff.
Aire may have a big ass collection - but the 'person' behind the toys means more to me than what they have. Her or Aly - I wouldn't bother watching.

Scramble

• phpBB Global Moderator
  • Mudslinger Wannabe
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: February 15, 2007, 02:39:52 PM »

Quote from: "BHT"
and no offence Ryan. I'd like to see ZombieGuides stuff.

None taken. That garage of his is awe-inspiring.
Updated!

Scramble

• phpBB Global Moderator
  • Mudslinger Wannabe
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: February 15, 2007, 02:46:56 PM »

Quote from: "Radio Guy"
aside from the joe meet stuff, i know nothing about aire....what's her interesting story?  and what's the deal on alyosha?  i'm not familliar with him...  just lookin' for some background...thanks!

Aire uses GI Joes as a teaching aid for kids. The extent of which I'm unfamiliar, and would like to know more.

Alyosha casts figures and customizing new sculpts as picture-perfect recreations of ARAH figures. But he's so cocky about it, he's made many people online sick. He also sells hard to find items for inflated costs, upsetting high-end collectors that don't feel these items should be recirculated, and casual collectors and customizers who feel if you're going to cast them, make them accessible. There's very little he does that doesn't seem to be profit-oriented.

He also got wind of a list of the proposed 2005 convention exclusives, and decided to redistribute it online. But it was just the wish list MC sent to Hasbro. By the time Aly got a hold of it, the real list had changed because the companies had determined certain molds lost or unusable. So Aly upset the companies, because some of their surprises were leaked, and fans because the leak wasn't even accurate.

And now he feels sorry for himself.
Updated!

sniper

• phpBB Frostback Trooper
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: February 15, 2007, 03:50:53 PM »

I would be interested in hearing about using GI Joes as teaching aids for kids.

I remember my experience and I can see it in my kids that action figures are great for imaginative play.  They may not rank as high as Lego, but still high enough.  Any adaptations for a cub scout environment would be interesting to me.

zombieguide

• phpBB Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: April 15, 2007, 07:24:22 PM »

I bailed out.

I had about 6 conversations with these people, and seriously considered it for a short time. There was a time when I would have jumped at the chance, at this point I just dont care to impress people. I like showing and sharing my collection with my net buddies and my personal friends and family and thats it.

If the show wanted to come down and get a tour and do some interviews -great. They wanted me to do all sorts of stuff that I just wasnt interested in and wasnt going to force.

So, I bailed out. Im not interested in jumping thru the hoops they asked me to just to be on TV. Take me as I am dammit!

BHMike

• Administrator
  • Pimp Daddy Destro
    • View Profile
    • http://www.bountyhuntertoys.com
« Reply #33 on: April 15, 2007, 07:26:56 PM »

Hey..... Scramble hasn't updated us on this - and I just spent most of the last 3 days with the guy!

I know someone else that's going to be on TV.... petianing to a certain Joe Meet.

:shifty:

Oh wait, Scramble is in that as well. ;-)

Pete The Greek

• Administrator
  • Mudslinger Wannabe
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: April 15, 2007, 09:46:27 PM »

Aire isn't doing the show either.
Go Leafs Go - just end '67

zombieguide

• phpBB Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: April 16, 2007, 08:43:28 AM »

im a pretty straight forward kinda guy, as those of you that have met me probably know. i dont lie and im not full o' crap. the show wanted me to do some sort of 'event', and wanted it done by february. im in the middle of a major joe room overhaul and have been for months.

but im doing it for ME and me alone at my own pace. not to meet any deadline. they suggested some sort of get together were i invite all the JC guys down and have a bbq and unveiling. so i got together with cabanajack who lives like an hour away and we started brainstorming.

now, my wife and i own our business (www.bentzphotography.com) and as a general rule, were booked 3 months in advance, but doing the holiday season its a REAL f=ing madhouse. so this tv project suddenly became a real hassle, because suddenly i wasnt thinking about doing something real for myself and the community, but doing it to meet a deadline and produce something forced.

and i just wasnt interested in that in the long run.