JoeCanuck

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Red and white once again! We've restored the classic look of JoeCanuck.

Author Topic: BRAZIL EXCLUSIVE COBRA PYTHON PATROL SWAMPFIRE = $$$  (Read 13609 times)

BHMike

• Administrator
  • Pimp Daddy Destro
    • View Profile
    • http://www.bountyhuntertoys.com
Re: BRAZIL EXCLUSIVE COBRA PYTHON PATROL SWAMPFIRE = $$$
« Reply #12 on: January 18, 2007, 03:04:59 PM »

Quote from: "morgardee"
Alright, I'll bite. Who's Aire? Related to the boys who came up from the US to get the MOC Joe Canuck maybe?

http://www.joecanuck.com/joe/board/inde ... opic=108.0

It seems to get mentioned every year.  ::)
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »

JoeIndex

• phpBB Joe Canuck Trooper
    • View Profile
    • http://www.thejoeindex.com/
« Reply #13 on: January 18, 2007, 09:23:51 PM »

Quote from: "Pete The Greek"
I'm guessing her crime is hoarding?

You can say that for any body who army builds and buys higher end stuff. It's more than that.

Exactly. So much more.

And I just saw there was another PP Swampfire and she bought that one too. Surprise surprise...  ::)
The JoeIndex - updated 02/18/2007

JoeIndex

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 18, 2007, 09:28:38 PM »

And as bad as the JoeCanuck stuff is, there's way worse things out there regarding her. So, don't mistake it as a simple case of buying a bunch of joe stuff... it goes well beyond that.

Pete The Greek

• Administrator
  • Mudslinger Wannabe
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: January 18, 2007, 11:25:29 PM »

Quote from: "JoeIndex"
I'm guessing her crime is hoarding?

You can say that for any body who army builds and buys higher end stuff. It's more than that.

Exactly. So much more.

And I just saw there was another PP Swampfire and she bought that one too. Surprise surprise...  ::)

I know she must have everything twice in her collection. A collecting habit that is very expensive to maintain. But army building foreign vehicles like this. Ok......   
Go Leafs Go - just end '67

beekerzz24

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 18, 2007, 11:28:28 PM »

ya for sure, I was checking out the feedback and her past purchases. 125 feedbacks from sellers in the past month. Some ones racking up the paypal visa!!!!

Pete The Greek

• Administrator
  • Mudslinger Wannabe
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 18, 2007, 11:35:12 PM »

Quote from: "beekerzz24"
ya for sure, I was checking out the feedback and her past purchases. 125 feedbacks from sellers in the past month. Some ones racking up the paypal visa!!!!

Oh my head hurts just looking at that. And I thought I went on a spending spree lately to beef up my army builders.  Mine pails in comparison.

JoeIndex

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 19, 2007, 12:16:58 AM »

Quote from: "beekerzz24"

Oh my head hurts just looking at that. And I thought I went on a spending spree lately to beef up my army builders.  Mine pails in comparison.

I've been wondering, Pete, do you shelf display or do you make little dioramas?

Currently I keep all my extras in morgue style nut & bolt drawers or these $2.00 cd containers I get at Walmart, but if I had the space, I'd like to make this diorama setup I have in my head. A big land mass where I can move things around every so often to keep the display fluid. (And to keep the dust down.)

After organizing a bunch of my loose figs not long ago, I've put army building on hold while I look for more non-U.S. items. I'm really trying to get more out of country vehicles as there's SO many different items out there varying in mold and color. Most people know of the big ones (PP Swampfire, Hidroelice, M.S.V. etc... but there's tons of stuff out there vehicle wise still to be chronicled anywhere (and if you have any and wouldn't mind snapping some pics for the Index I'll get them posted right away), those are the items that I'm trying to find. Of course, being a vehicle junky helps. :D
« Last Edit: January 19, 2007, 12:18:43 AM by JoeIndex »

BIGFAN

• phpBB Rookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: January 19, 2007, 02:21:42 PM »

im shocked she went after this to. ive sold her 1 before myself.

good price though with the box and all!

dont you have this already pete?
\'m the guy that can get you stuff!

Tattoo Shane

• phpBB Frostback Trooper
    • View Profile
    • http://www.tattoosandtoys.com
« Reply #20 on: January 19, 2007, 11:10:50 PM »

Maybe she bought it simply because it was such a good price. I've got a sweet loose one that i paid almost that for...i'd have jumped at it for sure at that price. Someone should sell me a boxed red moccasin for that. ;)
our Toys....Our Tattoos
www.tattoosandtoys.com

Pete The Greek

• Administrator
  • Mudslinger Wannabe
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: January 19, 2007, 11:52:55 PM »

Quote from: "JoeIndex"
I've been wondering, Pete, do you shelf display or do you make little dioramas?

I just do some minor shelf display.  My goal down the road is to have all my figures displayed nicely displayed, something like this

http://www.theartofjoeonline.com/

Presentation is key for me and not just jamming abount of figures into one small area.  

As for army building, I thought I slowed down to a point where I didn't want any more.  Originally, I was content in having just one army builder complete for the lesser popular builders I didn’t go nuts for like Frag Viper, Heat Viper, Techno Viper, Toxo Viper, Astro Viper etc.  But I did have a bunch of incomplete army builders like the one mentioned above in which I managed to accumulate over the years.

The gasoline added to the fire was BHT shelves.  One thing after another, I wanted to fill them with army builders (the shelves are no good for displaying my international stuff as it would get lost in the background).   I wasn’t going to fill the shelves with incomplete figures.  A Heat Viper or Frag Viper with no accessories looks like crap.  So the past few months I have been trying to complete my incomplete army builders.  So far so good.  I just need to get some more Undertow accessories and play the waiting game to find some of the hard accessories like Bat attachments, Eel mouth pieces, Snow Serpent stands, Frag Viper hose etc.  

I could do this as the international foreign figure market had really slowed to a crawl… for me at least.  In my case, it’s feast or famine.  The past few months, I found nothing that I wanted.  Then all of a sudden MOC Funskool Snowjob, MOC Mexican Doc, MOC Mexican Torch and Argentina Topson (in real good shape) surface and I couldn’t pass them.   Funny how people think Topson is really rare, I got news for ya, the other three MOC figures I mentioned above are a lot harder to get.  I have been waiting for years to find Doc and Torch.  Now if can find Bazooka and Shipwreck from the Mexican Commandos Heroicos line, I will have them complete (minus those stupid Star Bridgade aliens).  Your are right about the foreign vehicles.  Argentina, Mexican, Brazil, European vehicles mostly have minor differences from the domestic ones.  I Just don't have the room to store them and will really only consider vehicles with major differences.
« Last Edit: January 19, 2007, 11:54:51 PM by Pete The Greek »

JoeIndex

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: January 19, 2007, 11:53:20 PM »

Quote from: "Tattoo Shane"
Maybe she bought it simply because it was such a good price.

I'd eat my carded yellow torpedo if that was her reason for buying it.  :lol:

Ok, I'm going to throw this out there just because a few more eyes looking can't hurt, but I'm willing to put a decent bit of money on a good complete UK rolling thunder. The bright green looking one.

Pete The Greek

• Administrator
  • Mudslinger Wannabe
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: January 20, 2007, 12:08:30 AM »

Quote from: "BIGFAN"
dont you have this already pete?

Never really had the urge to buy one.  I have passed several opportunities to get one.  Maybe the next one that comes around I will make an effort to get one.  If the PP Swampfire was ultra rare like White Mortal, then yes, I would have bought one by now.  I don't pass up those opportunities as you may never get another crack at it. 

The problem I had with the PP swampfire auction with box was the seller feedback.  A feedback of 14 (and none was given for selling) didn't exactly give me a good sence of comfort. 
« Last Edit: January 20, 2007, 12:12:37 AM by Pete The Greek »