JoeCanuck

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Red and white once again! We've restored the classic look of JoeCanuck.

Author Topic: BRAZIL EXCLUSIVE COBRA PYTHON PATROL SWAMPFIRE = $$$  (Read 13606 times)

JoeIndex

• phpBB Joe Canuck Trooper
    • View Profile
    • http://www.thejoeindex.com/
Re: BRAZIL EXCLUSIVE COBRA PYTHON PATROL SWAMPFIRE = $$$
« Reply #24 on: January 20, 2007, 12:12:21 AM »

Quote from: "Pete The Greek"
Quote from: "JoeIndex"
I've been wondering, Pete, do you shelf display or do you make little dioramas?

I just do some minor shelf display.  My goal down the road is to have all my figures displayed nicely displayed, something like this

http://www.theartofjoeonline.com/

Presentation is key for me and not just jamming abount of figures into one small area. 

As for army building, I thought I slowed down to a point where I didn't want any more.  Originally, I was content in having just one army builder complete for the lesser popular builders I didn?t go nuts for like Frag Viper, Heat Viper, Techno Viper, Toxo Viper, Astro Viper etc.  But I did have a bunch of incomplete army builders like the one mentioned above in which I managed to accumulate over the years.

The gasoline added to the fire was BHT shelves.  One thing after another, I wanted to fill them with army builders (the shelves are no good for displaying my international stuff as it would get lost in the background).   I wasn?t going to fill the shelves with incomplete figures.  A Heat Viper or Frag Viper with no accessories looks like crap.  So the past few months I have been trying to complete my incomplete army builders.  So far so good.  I just need to get some more Undertow accessories and play the waiting game to find some of the hard accessories like Bat attachments, Eel mouth pieces, Snow Serpent stands, Frag Viper hose etc. 

Ah, cool. I was talking to someone a few months back about the '91 Snow Serpent and was telling him how the figure is really cool with all of his gear but looks like crap without any. :) I really wish I had a room that I could devote just to diorama displays of all shapes and sizes, but I don't have one in the size that I'd like.

I'm not real big on having things out for display on shelves, but having a variety of dioramas that I can change up every so often really appeals to me. But, unless I had a warehouse they'd need to be small enough to be easily transported and/or taken down.

I could do this as the international foreign figure market had really slowed to a crawl? for me at least.  In my case, it?s feast or famine.  The past few months, I found nothing that I wanted.  Then all of a sudden MOC Funskool Snowjob, MOC Mexican Doc, MOC Mexican Torch and Argentina Topson (in real good shape) surface and I couldn?t pass them.   Funny how people think Topson is really rare, I got news for ya, the other three MOC figures I mentioned above are a lot harder to get.  I have been waiting for years to find Doc and Torch.  Now if can find Bazooka and Shipwreck from the Mexican Commandos Heroicos line, I will have them complete (minus those stupid Star Bridgade aliens). 

My interest in the foreign items is just getting going (as you know) and has really sparked a renewed interest in Joe, especially with so many new vehicles coming out of Argentina that I had no idea existed. Between Argentina and Brazil there's a ton of stuff to look for and at. I just wish it was easier to get.

Your are right about the foreign vehicles.  Argentina, Mexican, Brazil, European vehicles mostly have minor differences from the domestic ones.

Tell me about it! I'm a big fan of the Fang II and recently found it came out in Argentina as well as the UK So I've got that one (MISB) on the way hopefully soon to feed my insane FANG II obsession (US/UK/Argentina - anyone know of any more?). The Rolling Thunder from the UK is another highly sought after piece for my vehicle collection - hence my previous post.

I really wish that the vehicles didn't take such a backseat to the figures, but I do understand it given how much space they take up and all, but for collectors like me it does leave big gaping holes as far as information goes.

By the way, that questions about taking pics goes for everyone. If you want to help, just drop me a line. :)
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »
The JoeIndex - updated 02/18/2007

Pete The Greek

• Administrator
  • Mudslinger Wannabe
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: January 20, 2007, 12:57:09 AM »

Tell me about it! I'm a big fan of the Fang II and recently found it came out in Argentina as well as the UK So I've got that one (MISB) on the way hopefully soon to feed my insane FANG II obsession (US/UK/Argentina - anyone know of any more?). The Rolling Thunder from the UK is another highly sought after piece for my vehicle collection - hence my previous post.

I really wish that the vehicles didn't take such a backseat to the figures, but I do understand it given how much space they take up and all, but for collectors like me it does leave big gaping holes as far as information goes.

The Canadian one is no different than the American one except for the box.

And I will be resuming on getting foreign vehicles later in the year.  I just wanted to get most of the foreign figures I need out of the way as their is more competition for them.  So I am glad the vehicles take a back seat as it keeps the prices reasonable and with less noobie competition.  Plus I need to get 103 more American vehicles. I have been really picky when it comes to vehicles as I won't buy one unless it's complete.
Go Leafs Go - just end '67

Pete The Greek

• Administrator
  • Mudslinger Wannabe
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: January 20, 2007, 01:40:33 AM »

My interest in the foreign items is just getting going (as you know) and has really sparked a renewed interest in Joe, especially with so many new vehicles coming out of Argentina that I had no idea existed.

When Hasbro went with the new molds in 2002, it was the international items that kept my interest still peaked.  To me, these items were 100x better than any of the new sculpt and repaints that Hasbro kept spitting out.  The new stuff didn't have that old school vintage feeling, unlike foreign items which still maintain a part of this nostalgia feeling.  People who don't like foreign items usally use the two lamest excuses in the book (because Hama wasn't involved and that GI JOE is a just Real American Hero aka American).  Dig deeper and you realize these excuses are used to cover the fact they are just ignorant and cheap.
« Last Edit: January 20, 2007, 01:52:48 AM by Pete The Greek »

Realboss

• phpBB Shiver Wannabe
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: January 20, 2007, 11:53:15 AM »

I have to agree with Pete.  I use to avoid getting the foreign figs. because they seemed cheaply built compared to the American figs.  However, compared to the new waves of 3 3/4 they are of much better quality and he's right they have way more nostalgic appeal.  And I have to admit some of the foreign figures are really cool.
There can be only one.  One true GIJoe that is!

JoeIndex

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: January 20, 2007, 01:39:41 PM »

The Canadian one is no different than the American one except for the box. 

That's fine. I still want it. If anyone can track down a MISB Fang II up there for me that'd be awesome. Or even just point me to someone selling one.

JoeIndex

• View Profile
« Reply #29 on: January 20, 2007, 02:04:21 PM »

The new stuff didn't have that old school vintage feeling, unlike foreign items which still maintain a part of this nostalgia feeling.  People who don't like foreign items usally use the two lamest excuses in the book (because Hama wasn't involved and that GI JOE is a just Real American Hero aka American).  Dig deeper and you realize these excuses are used to cover the fact they are just ignorant and cheap.

Much agreed. All of the International items are great. It's fascinating when something new pops up (or even something that's not widely known/publicized) as it astounds me just how far and wide G.I. Joe stretched in it's heyday. The sheer volume of stuff out there beyond the overdone, and really not quite as interesting anymore, domestic items is a marvel. Even when the items are visually the same, the differing artwork (most of the time) is enough to pique my curiosity with foreign items.

I think a lot of people think the stuff is just too impossible to get and/or costs too much to get it... yet they'll turn around and drop hundreds at retail because a store is right around the corner. You can find the international items, but it takes time and effort to get the stuff.

Too many people don't want to put the time in to get things. It's too hard for them to talk to people and make some contacts. It's easier to just swipe a credit card and take the bag and go. Too much instant gratification these days. I'm an avid Gundam collector of the 4.5" figures and there's no means of getting them at retail in the states anymore. But that doesn't keep me from getting them, I just spend a few extra seconds seeing where I can import them (if not from ebay) and it's just that simple. Lack of time to search is a poor excuse these days, a few key strokes and mouse clicks and maybe ten minutes can turn up a wealth of options for finding things on the internet. Doing what you need to do to get things from that point is where a lot of people flake.

Pete The Greek

• Administrator
  • Mudslinger Wannabe
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: January 22, 2007, 01:32:47 PM »

Boo ya.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... &rd=1&rd=1

I just scored on a unassembled Brazilian Cobra Wolf.  And without looking at the bid history,  I knew who the second bidder was. 

And Jon, I will submit pictures of the Wolf (good thing it's already unassembled) as well as the Brazilian Vamp II when I get a chance. 

JoeIndex

• View Profile
« Reply #31 on: January 22, 2007, 08:07:24 PM »

Boo ya.

I just scored on a unassembled Brazilian Cobra Wolf.  And without looking at the bid history,  I knew who the second bidder was. 

And Jon, I will submit pictures of the Wolf (good thing it's already unassembled) as well as the Brazilian Vamp II when I get a chance. 

Sah-weet! And a bargain price too. Heh, maybe she blew her wad on those PP Swampfires. 

I saw that auction a couple of times but didn't bid.

Are you going to put it together?

I might have an in to getting a PP Swampfire though, so all hope's not lost. Just need to hammer out some details as he has a bunch of items I want.

Pete The Greek

• Administrator
  • Mudslinger Wannabe
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: January 22, 2007, 08:47:13 PM »

Boo ya.

Sah-weet! And a bargain price too. Heh, maybe she blew her wad on those PP Swampfires. 

I saw that auction a couple of times but didn't bid.

Are you going to put it together?

I might have an in to getting a PP Swampfire though, so all hope's not lost. Just need to hammer out some details as he has a bunch of items I want.

I will take pictures of the unassmebled parts and then put the vehicle together for more pictures.   I have not seen any where online where is Brazilian version has been shown in great detail.

JoeIndex

• View Profile
« Reply #33 on: January 22, 2007, 09:15:57 PM »

I will take pictures of the unassmebled parts and then put the vehicle together for more pictures.   I have not seen any where online where is Brazilian version has been shown in great detail.

You know that's a big reason why I didn't bid. I didn't know it was really from Brazil. I had no idea that the Wolf even came out in Brazil. I thought it might be a regular Wolf that had Brazil stamped on the bags.

Pete The Greek

• Administrator
  • Mudslinger Wannabe
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: January 22, 2007, 10:18:15 PM »

You know that's a big reason why I didn't bid. I didn't know it was really from Brazil. I had no idea that the Wolf even came out in Brazil. I thought it might be a regular Wolf that had Brazil stamped on the bags.

The auction stated it has the Estrela stamping on it.  The vehicle was released in 1992 in Brazil as the Abomin?vel da Neve.

JoeIndex

• View Profile
« Reply #35 on: January 22, 2007, 11:05:10 PM »

D'oh! I read that wrong then. I thought it was stamped on the bags for some reason. Sheesh. Oh well, glad to know it's going to a good home. :)