JoeCanuck

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Red and white once again! We've restored the classic look of JoeCanuck.

Author Topic: So far.... not impressed.  (Read 7148 times)

akpayne

• phpBB Timbit Wannabe
    • View Profile
Re: So far.... not impressed.
« Reply #12 on: February 05, 2008, 02:45:51 PM »

The wave 5 that showed up in Canada is pretty good - I don't mind the look of the CG, and the black Snake Eyes really looks great.  Snow Job is great, however I think I still have a lingering "ho-hum" feeling because of the last time we had Snow Job hogging peg space at Canadian retail.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »

Lt Storm

• phpBB Joe Canuck Trooper
    • View Profile
    • http://canadaseliteheadquarters.com/
« Reply #13 on: February 05, 2008, 03:58:34 PM »

I meant crapy as in the card backings not the figures, just so no one thinks I'm hating on them like I do with Hasrbo.  I like the figures, would have been nice to see more of the corrected waists first though.  But with the lack of art on the front of the Canadian cards I don't care to leave them MOC
When life gives you lemons...trade them in for oranges, they are much better for you.

Colonel Abernathy

• phpBB Frostback Trooper
    • View Profile
    • http://www.geocities.com/sabulicious
« Reply #14 on: February 05, 2008, 05:34:23 PM »

I refuse to be a hater with this line.  I think it's the coolest thing Hasbro has ever done since the original ARAH started in 1982!  You wanna gripe about something, then be miserable over how it's nearly impossible to get these toys in Canada!  ;D
Sabu

Check out my music:

www.myspace.com/sabuthejungleboy

pdaat

• phpBB Chacal Noir Wannabe
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: February 05, 2008, 06:18:15 PM »

Other than PDDestro, I got them all so far and have opened all but Hooded CC.  Some are disappointing, others are great.

So far, I am happy with the 6 of the Original 13 I have so far.  All I need is Rock'n'Roll and I'll have the first Joes I bought (a 3-pack of Stalker, Scarlett and RnR from Sears).

Paul
Victorious warriors win first and then go to war, while defeated warriors go to war first and then seek to win.

BHMike

• Administrator
  • Pimp Daddy Destro
    • View Profile
    • http://www.bountyhuntertoys.com
« Reply #16 on: February 05, 2008, 09:38:34 PM »

Quote from: "Colonel Abernathy"
I refuse to be a hater with this line.  I think it's the coolest thing Hasbro has ever done since the original ARAH started in 1982!  You wanna gripe about something, then be miserable over how it's nearly impossible to get these toys in Canada!  ;D

What? No. Just because a toy looks all nice and fancy doesn't mean it should have the pose-ability or play-ability of a rock should it?

I despise McFarlane items for being the same way - they look great - but you can't do jack with them.

They've apparently gotten better in the newer waves - that's good to hear, but I'll "hate" on something because it has flaws if I'd like to. And in this case, the Scarlett figure sucks in my opinion.

Lt Storm

• phpBB Joe Canuck Trooper
    • View Profile
    • http://canadaseliteheadquarters.com/
« Reply #17 on: February 06, 2008, 06:32:02 AM »

Quote from: "THE Mike?"
They've apparently gotten better in the newer waves - that's good to hear, but I'll "hate" on something because it has flaws if I'd like to. And in this case, the Scarlett figure sucks in my opinion.

I agree, a lady should not sit like that  :lol:
When life gives you lemons...trade them in for oranges, they are much better for you.

Colonel Abernathy

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: February 06, 2008, 05:34:46 PM »

Quote from: "Colonel Abernathy"

What? No. Just because a toy looks all nice and fancy doesn't mean it should have the pose-ability or play-ability of a rock should it?

I despise McFarlane items for being the same way - they look great - but you can't do jack with them.

Sorry Mike, I appreciate all you've done for Joes in Canada but I think you're wrong here  :o  Poseability of a rock?  Hardly.  I count 20 points of articulation.  Last I checked, rocks had zero  :wink:  Sure, she has problems sitting, but let's not forget that Scarlett is from the first wave.  It takes time to iron out the kinks.  Let's also not forget that the first wave of the originals back in the day had massive waistpieces and no swivel-arm...and Joes couldn't even look up or down until 1985!  Sure, anyone is entitled to his/her opinion of course, but I "hate" to see the Joe fandom turn into the Transformers fandom where every single new thing Hasbro comes up with is ripped to shreds, when it's obvious there is a lot of heart and soul put into their products.  I, for one, am extremely happy as a Joe collector that Hasbro is making the 25th line and have purchased nearly 2 of every release so far.  So Mike (and others with similar opinions)...please give the line a chance, or at least keep your "hate" to a dull roar so as not to influence any potential new fans  :lol:  I'd like to see this series become a huge success for Hasbro so they hopefully continue it for a long, long time.
Sabu

Check out my music:

BHMike

• Administrator
  • Pimp Daddy Destro
    • View Profile
    • http://www.bountyhuntertoys.com
« Reply #19 on: February 06, 2008, 05:41:53 PM »

Hey hey... ;-)

My gripe is with the figures I HAVE so far. Read my first post. ;-)

In my opinion, based on those, this line lacks display value for me out of the package.

Don't get me wrong, I LOVE the 25th line. Really. I love the packaging (that the U.S. got), I love the look and style of them. I just don't care for Scarlett and Firefly and how they "pose".... I'm still awaiting some figures, so I'm sure Scarlett and Firefly are just the rotten apples of the bunch for me. But I still stand by the fact that NO toy should have to be glued or re-cut to hold something properly. ;-)

Colonel Abernathy

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: February 06, 2008, 06:47:03 PM »

Hey hey... ;-)

My gripe is with the figures I HAVE so far. Read my first post. ;-)

In my opinion, based on those, this line lacks display value for me out of the package.

Don't get me wrong, I LOVE the 25th line. Really. I love the packaging (that the U.S. got), I love the look and style of them. I just don't care for Scarlett and Firefly and how they "pose".... I'm still awaiting some figures, so I'm sure Scarlett and Firefly are just the rotten apples of the bunch for me. But I still stand by the fact that NO toy should have to be glued or re-cut to hold something properly. ;-)

OK, sorry I was under the impression that you despised the 25th line  :)  Guess I've been around too many Transformer fans with their "OMFG PRIME'S FACE IS SCREWED UP WHY IS MEGATRON NOT A GUN" etc antics.  In my opinion the 25th line really is something great despite the kinks.  I'm sure as you get more figures you'll come to appreciate even the non-sitters... ;D  BTW I do admit that I like the 25th more in the package than out, so perhaps there is something to your argument after all  :o
Sabu

Check out my music:

Realboss

• phpBB Shiver Wannabe
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: February 08, 2008, 08:26:21 PM »

Both Colonel and Mike have valid points.  The main reason I stopped buying McFarlane is because the figures could no longer be posed.  They look great otherwise but have no playability.   The first few wave do have some serious issues in the playability department i.e. not holding guns properly, but they are a vast improvement compared to the V vs V line when it comes to detail and look.  The best bet is to probably keep the first waves in box or MOC. and see how the new waves improve.
There can be only one.  One true GIJoe that is!

Pete The Greek

• Administrator
  • Mudslinger Wannabe
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: February 18, 2008, 07:10:04 PM »

Well, I opened my first figure tonight (Snow Job) and I was appalled at cheapness of the accessories.  I almost bent a ski in half just trying to get out of the package.  Both poles now have figure nail marks from trying to put them on the backpack on the first try.  The small pistol was bent trying to put in in the holster. I didn't realize I needed the strength of a four year old to handle an action figure.  The rest better not be like this or they are just staying MOC.
Go Leafs Go - just end '67

Raptor

• Mudslinger Wannabe
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: February 19, 2008, 01:46:33 AM »

I found them to be a little flimsy too, but luckily most collectors don't have your pipes Pete. ;-)

If you were going to open one, Snow Job was the one to do. If it's not the best figure released so far, it's in the top 3.

:chicken:
\"\'Must-look-akward-ya-hoo!\"