JoeCanuck

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Red and white once again! We've restored the classic look of JoeCanuck.

Author Topic: Comic 3 packs  (Read 14614 times)

L'Ombrageux

• phpBB Rookie
    • View Profile
Comic 3 packs
« Reply #24 on: July 22, 2004, 03:05:53 PM »

Do you really think we'll get those 3 packs here in Canada? I don't know about the other parts of Canada but I think there's a law here in Quebec (Not sure if it's federal or provincial) that prohibide selling/distributing toys/videogames/whatever if they're not in a bilingual package? So we should be lucky that we actually have the VvV line over here and they took the time to translate the package... anyone else noticed that we have the SAME card back since VvV 1? Just bought a Jinx/Slice and the backer card is again the wave 1 backer (promoting the VvV wave 1 figures...).

Sure they could do another generic backer card that they would use for the 9 announced packs (and any following...) but I wonder what's the situation with a comic inside... we don't get the VvV comics the americans get in their VvV packs... would kind of suck to get a "comic pack" where they had to actually remove the comic... Does Heritage still exists? lol
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »

Stealth Viper

• Administrator
  • Black Ice Wannabe
    • View Profile
Comic 3 packs
« Reply #25 on: July 22, 2004, 03:36:00 PM »

Quote from: ""L'Ombrageux""
Do you really think we'll get those 3 packs here in Canada? I don't know about the other parts of Canada but I think there's a law here in Quebec (Not sure if it's federal or provincial) that prohibide selling/distributing toys/videogames/whatever if they're not in a bilingual package? So we should be lucky that we actually have the VvV line over here and they took the time to translate the package... anyone else noticed that we have the SAME card back since VvV 1? Just bought a Jinx/Slice and the backer card is again the wave 1 backer (promoting the VvV wave 1 figures...).

Sure they could do another generic backer card that they would use for the 9 announced packs (and any following...) but I wonder what's the situation with a comic inside... we don't get the VvV comics the americans get in their VvV packs... would kind of suck to get a "comic pack" where they had to actually remove the comic... Does Heritage still exists? lol

I think the fact of the bilingual packaging law is the primary reason we see very little other than the main line here.

It just isn't financially feasible for them to do bilingual packaging on everything just for us.

They do it for the main line - only because TRU and WalMart want to carry them

It's also why we never see the exclusives up here.

So, in short, what I am getting at is:

If you want the comic packs, buy them online or prepare for a road trip, because you won't be seeing them here.
Quote from: \"Pete The Greek\"
My review of the Rat:

A little piece of crap.

Redmao

• Back-Stop Wannabe
    • View Profile
Comic 3 packs
« Reply #26 on: July 22, 2004, 04:36:57 PM »

they have indeed showed up online and the Hawk pack is GONE!!

Heritage lol good one
Say no to AFA.

L'Ombrageux

• phpBB Rookie
    • View Profile
Comic 3 packs
« Reply #27 on: July 25, 2004, 09:38:13 PM »

I finally decided to buy them on eBay today from a shop who seem to deal a lot in MOC figures on eBay (over 7000 refs) and said in the description that they were MOC on C9+ card... well... C9+ is a damn high grade for a package so I figure that he probably opens himself a lot of cases and they're uncirculated (multiple packs for sale, including over 20 VvV Snake-Eyes/Stormshadow that I picked one up at the same time...) and that it was worth the 7 extra bucks he was asking for it.

I Got 2 Snake/Scarlett/Kwinn 3 packs, and the American VvV Snake-Eyes/SS pack... with a pretty decent shipping/handling fee of $11 to Canada (most eBay sellers would charge easily over $20 to ship and "handle" this kind of package over here...).

This thing (comic 3 pack) is really a great idea from Hasbro who just got back the rights to all the Marvel comics line. I'll definitely grab them all if they hit our Canadian regular market.

Pete The Greek

• Administrator
  • Mudslinger Wannabe
    • View Profile
Comic 3 packs
« Reply #28 on: August 09, 2004, 11:02:39 PM »

I got sets #1-3 from smalljoes. The figures are not bad (1000 x better than JVC style figures I have seen lately) but the tight 0-rings make the guys stand funny.  I am trying to loosen the o-rings right now. Clutch's body is horrible (Mace's body).  The figure looks like his has a hump. Other wise, can't really complain about them.

Oh, Beav from Joecustoms posted this for the Oktober Guard 3 pack

http://www.joecustoms.com/board/files/russkies.jpg

Holy cow.  My Russian hockey team will be complete. lol

Peter
Go Leafs Go - just end '67

Pete The Greek

• Administrator
  • Mudslinger Wannabe
    • View Profile
Comic 3 packs
« Reply #29 on: December 09, 2004, 10:52:35 PM »

Well, GI JOE HQ has the following posted for preorder in terms of wave 9-11 for the comic 3 packs

Snake Eyes, Storm Shadow & Red Ninja
Duke, Roadblock & Gung Ho
Serpentor, Scrap Iron & Firefly

Looks like they scraped the Breaker, CC and Scarlett pack.  :x

Redmao

• Back-Stop Wannabe
    • View Profile
Comic 3 packs
« Reply #30 on: December 10, 2004, 07:59:04 AM »

Snake Eyes, Storm shadow and red ninja....cool!
Say no to AFA.

Pete The Greek

• Administrator
  • Mudslinger Wannabe
    • View Profile
Comic 3 packs
« Reply #31 on: December 10, 2004, 11:14:06 AM »

Yes, cool but a third Snake Eyes already. Sigh overkill

Redmao

• Back-Stop Wannabe
    • View Profile
Comic 3 packs
« Reply #32 on: December 10, 2004, 11:47:30 AM »

I know.... maybe its a v2 repaint (here's wishing)
Say no to AFA.

Pete The Greek

• Administrator
  • Mudslinger Wannabe
    • View Profile
Comic 3 packs
« Reply #33 on: December 10, 2004, 12:09:06 PM »

Quote from: ""Redmao""
I know.... maybe its a v2 repaint (here's wishing)

I hope so to as Hasbro has this mold around (well back in 1997)

http://yojoe.com/archive/unproduced/boxed97.shtml

Scramble

• phpBB Global Moderator
  • Mudslinger Wannabe
    • View Profile
Comic 3 packs
« Reply #34 on: December 10, 2004, 01:20:54 PM »

I'm pretty sure the figures in that set were hand painted originals. If Hasbro really had the v2 Snake Eyes this long, I'm sure they would have released it. They're released every other mold of his except for Ninja Force (which is for the best). Afterall, look at the Alley Viper, and the Viper's legs.

These sets do have some promise. Serpentor in his dockers and bare chest would be a cool lift from the comics, as well as a Firefly similar to v1. But losing the Breaker set sucks hard.
Updated!

Pete The Greek

• Administrator
  • Mudslinger Wannabe
    • View Profile
Comic 3 packs
« Reply #35 on: December 10, 2004, 01:37:36 PM »

I am sure they were hand painted.  But 6 of the 8 have been released.  There is small hope of them redoing a new mold for Snake Eyes.  The V1 one is getting over used.