JoeCanuck

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Red and white once again! We've restored the classic look of JoeCanuck.

Author Topic: 2010 SDCC Sgt. Slaughter Images (Hi Res!) and pricing from Hasbro!  (Read 9178 times)

Joeczar

• phpBB Rookie
    • View Profile
Re: 2010 SDCC Sgt. Slaughter Images (Hi Res!) and pricing from Hasbro!
« Reply #12 on: July 15, 2010, 04:52:40 PM »

I'll try to hit HTS after the con to see if I can score some Slaughters for my friends to the North,  $33 for shipping is bs.  I'll post here if successful, until then I would make alternate plans to secure one.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »

Realboss

• phpBB Shiver Wannabe
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 16, 2010, 03:19:33 PM »

Someone please fill me in on cyborg Maul. I'm guessing he survived being cut in half and went toe to toe with Uncle Owen?
[/quote]

Sideshow does a little summary of the story as well.
http://www.sideshowtoy.com/videos.php?v ... latest_tab
There can be only one.  One true GIJoe that is!

olyeller01

• phpBB Newsletter Staff
  • phpBB HATE Mechanic
  • Paint-Viper
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 26, 2010, 10:40:03 AM »

Anybody know when HTS puts up the SDCC exclusives for sale?  I got my ass up early on a day off to prowl it and try and score a couple of Slaughters.  So far, no luck.
OlYeller01
Paint/Mustang Man
Reviewer at Large!

freakx2001

• phpBB Frostback Trooper
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: July 26, 2010, 10:48:51 AM »

I believe last year that items were avaliable mid day...

olyeller01

• phpBB Newsletter Staff
  • phpBB HATE Mechanic
  • Paint-Viper
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 26, 2010, 11:31:38 AM »

Yeah, they ALREADY FREAKING SOLD OUT!  Within like 10 minutes.  And of course, I missed it. 
OlYeller01
Paint/Mustang Man
Reviewer at Large!

bandonov

• Black Ice Wannabe
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 26, 2010, 11:35:50 AM »

They just added them but he is out of stock!  >:(
Lurking

NeoDragonKnight

• phpBB Timbit Wannabe
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 26, 2010, 11:40:01 AM »

I ordered my 2 from GJCC a couple of days ago, phew.
\"And I don\'t want the world to see me, cuz I don\'t think that they\'d understand... When everything\'s made to be broken, I just want you to know who I am...\"

olyeller01

• phpBB Newsletter Staff
  • phpBB HATE Mechanic
  • Paint-Viper
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: July 26, 2010, 11:53:07 AM »

Either people snapped them all up immediately or he was completely sold out at the Con, though I thought their initial announcement said that there would be a "limited number" of them available on HTS.  What'd they do, vastly underestimate demand and not make nearly enough?  I know last year's exclusive didn't sell too well, but it was kind of expensive and honestly, the figures weren't that great.  Gee, let me put the 18th century Destro out there with his pike to face the Mauler.   There were 3 major things going for this year's figure:

1. It's Sgt. Slaughter
2. It's got ARAH/25th Anniversary style packaging
3. At $12.99, it's not terribly expensive, especially for an exclusive

Hasbro could have released these to stores and sold a buttload of 'em.  Dammit Hasbro, all I ask is that I at least get a fair shot on stuff like this without having to go to freaking San Diego.  I really don't like getting raped by the secondary market, and I got my ass out of bed at 7 am on my day off and sat at my computer dutifully off and on for almost 4 hours, waiting...and then you don't even offer any for sale?  WTF!  >:(

OlYeller01
Paint/Mustang Man
Reviewer at Large!

morgardee

• Pimp Daddy Destro
  • SNAKE!
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: July 26, 2010, 12:10:57 PM »

Quote from: "olyeller01"
Either people snapped them all up immediately or he was completely sold out at the Con, though I thought their initial announcement said that there would be a "limited number" of them available on HTS.  What'd they do, vastly underestimate demand and not make nearly enough?  I know last year's exclusive didn't sell too well, but it was kind of expensive and honestly, the figures weren't that great.  Gee, let me put the 18th century Destro out there with his pike to face the Mauler.   There were 3 major things going for this year's figure:

1. It's Sgt. Slaughter
2. It's got ARAH/25th Anniversary style packaging
3. At $12.99, it's not terribly expensive, especially for an exclusive

Hasbro could have released these to stores and sold a buttload of 'em.  Dammit Hasbro, all I ask is that I at least get a fair shot on stuff like this without having to go to freaking San Diego.  I really don't like getting raped by the secondary market, and I got my ass out of bed at 7 am on my day off and sat at my computer dutifully off and on for almost 4 hours, waiting...and then you don't even offer any for sale?  WTF!  >:(

Email them. Tell them exactly that. See what they have to say. It can't hurt.
Night Force, the exact opposite of everything chrome.

NeoDragonKnight

• phpBB Timbit Wannabe
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: July 26, 2010, 12:18:04 PM »

I hear even if you went to SDCC in person the chances of even getting one was pretty slim, and even then it wasn't even worth the effort as you had to spend your whole time waiting in line when you could be actually enjoying the con.
\"And I don\'t want the world to see me, cuz I don\'t think that they\'d understand... When everything\'s made to be broken, I just want you to know who I am...\"

morgardee

• Pimp Daddy Destro
  • SNAKE!
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: July 26, 2010, 01:21:10 PM »

Quote from: "NeoDragonKnight"
I hear even if you went to SDCC in person the chances of even getting one was pretty slim, and even then it wasn't even worth the effort as you had to spend your whole time waiting in line when you could be actually enjoying the con.

Where did you hear that from? That to me sounds like something a scalper on Ebay might say in order to increase heat on their auction. I could be wrong, but I still think these will show up.
Night Force, the exact opposite of everything chrome.

olyeller01

• phpBB Newsletter Staff
  • phpBB HATE Mechanic
  • Paint-Viper
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: July 26, 2010, 01:57:12 PM »

Hello,

I am writing you to express my disappointment with the 2010 San Diego Comic-Con Sgt. Slaughter exclusive...namely, my inability to buy him.  I am a long time Joe fan, and I have literally thousands of dollars worth of figures and vehicles from the original A Real American Hero line to the very recent Pursuit of Cobra line.  Further, I try to help you guys out by reviewing both new and old products on the Canadian GI Joe website JoeCanuck.com.  According to the "Views" counter on my message board, my reviews have been viewed almost 7000 different times.  That's 7000 times someone exclusively looked at one of your products. 

I understand that demand for the Sgt. Slaughter exclusive was extremely high, much higher than the demand for last year's SDCC exclusive, which from what I've seen and hear didn't sell that well.  There's a few reasons for Sarge's demand.  1. It's Sgt. Freaking Slaughter, one of the most well-known Joes out there, and one of the few characters that has a real life counterpart.  2. Sarge used the fan-favorite 25th Anniversary/ARAH line packaging.  3. At $12.99 the Sarge figures were very reasonably priced, especially for exclusives.  Honestly, you guys could have released this figure to retail stores and he would have sold like hotcakes. 

After being notified from the official Hasbro press release that "A limited number" of the figures would be released on HasbroToyShop.com after the Con, I got pretty excited.  I knew that Con merchandise was usually released on the site the Monday morning after the Con.  I got my butt out of bed at 7 am on a day off from work (unheard of for me) and parked myself in front of the computer, checking every 5-10 minutes or so to grab both Sarge figures as soon as they were released.  Oh yeah, and I planned on throwing in some Pursuit of Cobra figures, too, so there was opportunity for additional sales.  So imagine my dismay when the SDCC exclusives finally came up but the Sgt. Slaughter figures were immediately "out of stock."

Look, I know this was a popular figure and that I would've had to have been quick on the click to get him, but all I ask is a fair chance to get the figure at its retail price without having to go to freaking San Diego to do so.  I'm especially annoyed that we were told product would be available and then none was.  I know I can get the figure on the secondary market, but I don't enjoy getting price gouged. 

I sincerely hope that you guys will either have another production run of this figure, or that next year you will have a better idea of the number you need to meet demand.  I also sincerely hope that next year you will hold back a decent amount of product so that all of us hardcore GI Joe fans who can't go to the Con have a fair shot at getting the exclusive at retail price.  I know there's a lot of disappointed people out there this morning.

Sincerely,

Jerard Parker

The above is my letter to Hasbro.  Took you up on your advice, Morg.  I'm very interested to see if I even get a response. 
OlYeller01
Paint/Mustang Man
Reviewer at Large!