JoeCanuck

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Red and white once again! We've restored the classic look of JoeCanuck.

Author Topic: First look at G.I. Joe Retaliation figures  (Read 19694 times)

Jon S.

• Administrator
  • phpBB Shiver Wannabe
    • View Profile
    • http://individual.utoronto.ca/gijoecanada
Re: First look at G.I. Joe Retaliation figures
« Reply #12 on: February 02, 2012, 05:16:26 PM »

OH COME ON - WHERE IS JINX?!?!?

Not that I've been waiting impatiently for a Jinx figure. Don't mind me...

(that Rockblock figure looks excellent though)

SnowHawk

• phpBB Hailstorm Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 03, 2012, 10:00:18 AM »

http://www.hasbro.com/gijoe/en_US/retaliation.cfm

Jinx is the SDCC exclusive this year.

Redmao

• Back-Stop Wannabe
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 03, 2012, 10:52:16 AM »

From the reactions, I'd say a lot of people were waiting to add Movie Jinx to their roster.
Glad that they reissued the VvV Ninja Lightning, it's a fun little bike.
As much as I love ninja, I'm not sure that ninjafying everything from the movie is such a brilliant idea.
I can't wait to add these figures to my collection.
Say no to AFA.

morgardee

• Pimp Daddy Destro
  • SNAKE!
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: February 03, 2012, 10:59:39 AM »

I'm trying to decide if that's suppose to be Slice in the "Ninja Showdown" set. I also love the fact the Cobra Trooper has a parachute since my son has been wanting a parachute action figure to play with. 
Night Force, the exact opposite of everything chrome.

Redmao

• Back-Stop Wannabe
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 03, 2012, 11:14:23 AM »

http://toynewsi.com/news.php?catid=9&itemid=18242
Slightly bigger pictures.
Yes, it's Slice or at least a red ninja wearing the mask from that PoC SE.

I'll get that set just for the red and black Renegade Stormy repaint.
Say no to AFA.

grunt 4 mvp

• Back-Stop Wannabe
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 03, 2012, 04:40:33 PM »

No Lady Jaye?
No Grunt? (I don't he's long for the movie...sigh)
If you've got complete 90's figures FTS, PM me!

Jon S.

• Administrator
  • phpBB Shiver Wannabe
    • View Profile
    • http://individual.utoronto.ca/gijoecanada
« Reply #18 on: February 03, 2012, 04:43:40 PM »

http://www.hasbro.com/gijoe/en_US/retaliation.cfm

Jinx is the SDCC exclusive this year.

@#$@ %$% &*%!!!!!

Sundance

• Mudslinger Wannabe
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: February 03, 2012, 05:08:21 PM »

according to some folks at Serpentor's Lair, they're not doing female figures because Walmart 'demanded' Hasbro not do them because they don't sell. despite WalMart not selling Joes any more.
Paratroopers don't die, they go to Hell and regroup.

Redmao

• Back-Stop Wannabe
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: February 03, 2012, 05:52:29 PM »

Wally is a maniac.
If this is true, Hasbro could simply make the female figures into TRU exclusives or pack them in 3 pack.
Say no to AFA.

canprime

• phpBB Blue SNAKE
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: February 03, 2012, 07:01:16 PM »

Damn, they really pooched us on the vehicles.  So far only 2 brand new molds, and the rest are re-dos, or heavy mods.  I'm a vehicle guy and I was really hoping they would go with some lesser used molds (that are still available).  Here's my thoughts:

VEHICLES:

Another black AWE with a new grill, weapon and added kibble on the back.
Another Water Moccasin with added kibble weapon (although the colour is admittedly awesome)  At least the driver looks interesting.
Another PAIR!!!!!!!!!! of Ninja Cycles!!!!!!!! CRIPES!!!!!!!
Another new VAMP.  At least the colour scheme is nice and the added rear shell and missile rack are nice too.  However I'm not a fan of the mold.
Another HISS SCOUT.  Honestly, this mold isn't popular and it is RARE!!!  Interesting choice of colour and making it a JOE vehicle.  I actually do like the roll cage.

Finally a new mold:  The Wheel Blaster whatever.  I really like the look of the bike, but it doesn't seem to correspond to anything we have seen in the film footage.  I will definitely pick one up.  One question?  What is up with the third wheel?  If you look at the middle of the bike, it appears to be a third wheel, but I can't tell why it is there.

HISS V6!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  Ok, at first I thougt this was a simple, slight remold, but it appears it is heavily modded.  The canopy is obviously new.  So is the middle cannon, but it also has room for a figure in the cannon.  As well the treads appear to be new and someone suggested the raising/lowering gimmick appears to be gone as well.  LOVE the blue colour and love the toy overall.

GHOSTHAWK II.  Need more and better pics.  But for now colour me unimpressed.  It looks to be a one seater, the colour scheme doesn't do it for me, and from the first pic, it appears the engines are too big for the frame.  I hope it is better in person.

SHOCKWAVE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  SHOCKWAVE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  WOW, just WOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!  I love the colour scheme, and I already stated how I like the new HISS, but to change the cannon to match Shockwave's gun mode from G1???  AHHHHHHHH......AHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  I can't wait to see what figure is paired with him.  I won't make the same mistake as with Starscream.  I am getting him. 

FIGURES:

From what we have already seen: 

BOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  Giant, oversized launcher weapons!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  BOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
CC - Still looks good, but a little off somehow.  I don't know why.  HOWEVER, that staff???  I am going to be buying a TON of thoses CCs just for that staff.  Incredible accessory in my opinion.
Zartan - Interesting, we now see where Hasbro was going with him.  I am assuming he is a "flashback" version to a time at the dojo with SS and SE.
SS and SE:  SS looks even better.  Could be best version ever.  SE, still meh.  Even more worrying is the possible Spiderman/Batman theme with multiple SEs with just different "attack" gear.
Cobra Trooper:  Great, a parachute.  As if I needed even more reason  to want this figure.  AWESOME!!!!
GI Joe Trooper:  OK, what the hell???  I love the second "breather" mask, but what the !%#$ is with the cape????  Also he has a mohawk?  Definitely will get the figure, but I need more info and pics about what is up with him.  Especially the cape!!!

The new:

Jinx - Well the white variant SDCC exclusive is a pass for me, but I will get it if available for cheap.  The red version is probably as close to ARAH as we are going to get so I will pick one up, but would have liked a little bit of a different molding on the head to match up even more with the ARAH version.

I'm going to guess SLICE, FIREFLY and KAMAKURA?? from the 2 ninja sets.  I like them all, but what the hell is Roadblock doing with the ninja set?  C'mon Hasbro.

CLUTCH is ok, but whatever.  The SE with the remolded VAMP kind of looks interesting.  However I really want to see better pics of the Fangboat Driver and the HISS Driver (battle armor CC?).  They look like they could be interesting.

THE REST:

Interesting masks, standard roleplay accessories, and please just stop with the battlers.  They look great, but are they really sellers?

Redmao

• Back-Stop Wannabe
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: February 03, 2012, 07:30:40 PM »

Forget the little cheap masks that Hasbro is producing for all their lines, now.
They should make a full Snake Eyes helmet with voice changing device.
Voice changing in the fact that the helmet blocks every sound coming out of it.  ;D
Say no to AFA.

ARROW

• phpBB HATE Mechanic
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: February 03, 2012, 09:13:29 PM »

TNI has hi-rez pics up of everything shown to date.

There's some disappointments: notably the vehicle drivers and their articulation.

They appear to have very little. If the vehicle figures accurately reflect the final production design, they will be let-downs.

On the VEHICLE drivers:
-Std. Ball/socket head
-Pin shoulders.
-NO elbow joints.
-NO wrist joints
-Possible pin waist joint.
-T-crotch hips.
-NO knee joints.
-Possible ankle joints.

That's it.
Note: the motorcycle drivers might have more, because they need to fit on the bikes, but the other vehicle drivers have what is described above.
This is a matter that someone attending ToyFair should press home with Hasbro--asking if indeed these are the POAs for the vehicle drivers. Nothing can be done about adding POAs at this point.....these toys are in factory and being made now for delivery dates when the movie comes out. Its too late to add to them. But at least we can know what is going to be the case with them beforehand.

For me, the single figures are what I'll be going for. The vehicle are all passes, as almost all the ROC vehicles were--and even those I bought on discount.
Mind you, there's still 14 more items left to be revealed..........so, maybe something left will have some sparkle for me.