JoeCanuck

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Red and white once again! We've restored the classic look of JoeCanuck.

Author Topic: Oktober Guard 2012 JoeCon previews  (Read 21612 times)

morgardee

• Pimp Daddy Destro
  • SNAKE!
    • View Profile
Re: Oktober Guard 2012 JoeCon previews
« Reply #72 on: May 12, 2012, 08:05:41 PM »

I can't remember, can you order more than one boxed set as a member?

Yes
Night Force, the exact opposite of everything chrome.

Emags

• phpBB Joe Canuck Trooper
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: May 13, 2012, 08:55:14 PM »

that's usually one in the box set. i'd assume the Iron Grenadier and Voltar filled that niche.

Actually, I believe the figure has to be a Joe, so if that is true (and I'm not 100%) than technically OG or IG would not count.

If that is the case, I wonder who would make sense.  You have to figure someone that is an easy repaint, but is sought by Collectors.

Maybe, Maurauder versions of Footloose (very easy) and Mutt and Junkyard.......total guess.....I know nothing.

NeoDragonKnight

• phpBB Timbit Wannabe
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: May 13, 2012, 09:48:21 PM »

If it was a Joe Id guess it would be one of the arctic ones, they would have plenty of arctic bodies to chose from, just needs a new head sculpt.  If it were Iceberg or Frostbite Id be really stoked.
\"And I don\'t want the world to see me, cuz I don\'t think that they\'d understand... When everything\'s made to be broken, I just want you to know who I am...\"

Emags

• View Profile
« Reply #75 on: May 13, 2012, 10:12:42 PM »

I thought that too, but we will see.  Funny enough, I just commissioned a set of Joe Artic troopers - Frostbite, Blizzard, Iceberg, Windchill and Cold Front......think that is all of them.....so I sort of don't want to see them in the set.  I tend to think it would not be the first 3.  Those are iconic characters and I think collectors would be pissed if they were relegated to a 2 or 3 pack.  I could see it for more obscure characters like the last too.

Emags

• View Profile
« Reply #76 on: May 13, 2012, 10:15:02 PM »

I also just picked up a Dragonski custom b/c he was not in the main pack.  I hope he is not in the 2/3 packer.  I tend to doubt it though...those seem to be reserved for int'l figures based on the last couple.  That's a cool angle to get the int'l figs out.

Sundance

• Mudslinger Wannabe
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: May 14, 2012, 02:05:32 AM »

yeah, but the last 3 sets were all internationally themed anyway. if you look back at the sets from '08 or '07, the stuff from outside the box set was Joes or Cobras, like Slaughter and the Renegades or the SWAT guys.
Paratroopers don't die, they go to Hell and regroup.

Emags

• View Profile
« Reply #78 on: May 14, 2012, 05:24:08 AM »

Yup, and we may be reaching diminishing returns with the Int'l figs....we have most of the Argen 7, a lot of the UK guys, Sparta.  We have Quarrel and TNT coming in the FSS.  Not sure what would be next.

Sundance

• Mudslinger Wannabe
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: May 14, 2012, 06:48:37 AM »

a lot of the UK guys? not by a long shot, mate. they did the Black Major, Red Shadows and Natalie Poole from Action Man in o-ring, sure, and redid Jammer and Gaucho and a new Dolphin, and a modern Blades, but there's plenty of others they can do from AF like Moondancer, Hunter, Barracuda, Eagle, Skip, Sky Raider, Kiwi, the Muton, Kraken and Skeletron, Red Jackel, Red Wolf, Red Laser, Hot Jets, Quickfire, Stakeout, Beaver and so on.

that's without them doing modern sculpt versions of the Tiger Force exclusives or the euro-exclusive Mutt, Lowlight and Spirit.

Emags

• View Profile
« Reply #80 on: May 14, 2012, 07:50:50 AM »

Interesting, didn't realize it was that extensive.  Seemed like a shorter list on Yo Joe.  I always get confused between the different forces, Z-Force, Q-Force, etc.

I like them generally, but some I could do without.  For instance, Hunter.  I have debated using some of the dollar Joes to fill in the gaps (Duke = Moondancer, I believe), but there are other gaps in my collection I want to fill in first.

Sundance

• Mudslinger Wannabe
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: May 14, 2012, 02:09:08 PM »

the o-ring Moondancer was Short Fuse, iirc. Dolphin's o-ring version was Zap. Both had previously been released as Pallitoy original 5-point articulation figures.

there were 9 Hasbro figures repainted for Action Force's second series: Snake Eyes V1 as SAS Force Stalker, Cobra Officer V1 as Hunter, Tripwire V1 as Blades, Scarlett V1 as Quarrel, GI Joe Stalker V1 as Jammer, Gung-Ho V1 as Gaucho, Steeler V1 as Z Force Steeler, Cobra Commander V1 as Red Laser, Destro V1 as Red Jackal.

The third series of Action Force was mostly Joe characters just as international chracters, only two were repainted, Zap and Short Fuse as the aforementioned Moondancer and Dolphin. Two others were not repainted, but given different names: Rock'n'Roll V1 became 'Ton-Up', the Swedish driver of the AF Wolverine and Wild Weasel V1 became a redo of Red Wolf, the Roboskull pilot, now working for Cobra.

the other 30-odd series two Action Force figures were only released in the 5-point articulated figures, which are: Eagle, Beaver, Sparrowhawk, SAS Force Attack Trooper, Stakeout, Quickfire, Barracuda and Chopper from SAS Force; Skip, Tracker, Breaker, Wheels, Z Force Infantryman, The Doc and Scout from Z Force; Sky Raider, Hot Jets, Hawkwind, Blast Off and Kiwi from Space Force; Phones, Shark and Surfer from Q Force and Baron Ironblood, Red Shadow, Red Vulture, Black Major, Skeletron, Kraken and Muton from The Enemy and finally the mail-away Action Force Commander.

Realboss

• phpBB Shiver Wannabe
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: May 14, 2012, 04:16:25 PM »

Iron Bear didn't turn out to be what I thought and is a bit disappointing.
There can be only one.  One true GIJoe that is!

Emags

• View Profile
« Reply #83 on: May 14, 2012, 04:28:22 PM »

See, I must have been thinking about the 2nd series.  We have Blades, Quarrel (via the FSS), Gaucho (o-Ring), and Jammer (o-Ring).  Some are hard to portray as new characters (e.g. Snake Eyes = Stalker) though.

Who was in the first series if Hasbro repaints were in the second series?

Did not know about the 30-odd figs that you mentioned.