JoeCanuck

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Red and white once again! We've restored the classic look of JoeCanuck.

Author Topic: it hasn't been done in a while soooooooo........  (Read 2793 times)

Radio Guy

• phpBB CJC Media Liason
  • phpBB Dead Eye Mechanic
    • View Profile
it hasn't been done in a while soooooooo........
« on: December 15, 2004, 11:19:44 PM »

i know that quite a few people gave reviews on the BHT site recently, but if you had to review your absolute favourite joe fig, what would it be?

For me...Snow Serpent version 1...cool sculpt,  cool colors, and all around awesome weapons.  it was actually the last figure i bought before i abandoned toys as a kid, but i still have him and he's still my fave.

runner up....Snake Eyes version 2

you?
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »
Wherever you go, there you are.

Colonel Abernathy

• phpBB Frostback Trooper
    • View Profile
    • http://www.geocities.com/sabulicious
Snow Job
« Reply #1 on: December 16, 2004, 04:28:17 PM »

While I could probably come up with some others that I've seen in my 8 years of collecting, I'll choose one from my childhood - Snow Job!

I still remember getting him for my birthday in April...don't know if it was 83 or 84 (not sure if he would've been available as early as April 1983 in Canada).  That was the month when the snow would always be completely gone out west, so I spent many, many weeks playing with Snow Job in the huge sandbox out back.  Snow Job has such cool accessories and really exemplified the "snap-on, stay-on" feature that all Joe accessories claimed to have - it still impresses me today that he can either wear his skiing gear bundled up on his backpack, or break it out to chase down Cobras and either way looks great.  And, let's not forget that Snow Job's gun is so good that it was issued to almost every Joe in the 'toon :thumbsup: The '97 repaint sucked plastic-wise but the 2000/1 Whiteout is one of my favourite repaint figures.
Sabu

Check out my music:

www.myspace.com/sabuthejungleboy

Pete The Greek

• Administrator
  • Mudslinger Wannabe
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 16, 2004, 09:01:28 PM »

This is tough one.  I always though the v1 eels was a cool figure as a kid with all the accessories.  1985 had some great figures with accessories. In terms of best figure mould.....I always like Frostbite v1.  

Snow figures... Canadians...:shifty: go figure lol
Go Leafs Go - just end '67

Redmao

• Back-Stop Wannabe
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 16, 2004, 10:44:11 PM »

its a tough one man!! I do carry around a V2 Snake eyes with me everywhere I go...yeah I should see a shrink 'bout that, But I have to admit that Storm Shadow v2 takes the cake. As you already figured I always was a ninja fan and when this figure came out in 1988 I was amazed at its details in the suit, the ninja hood, the rope around its chest and its accessories are really cool. I mean the composite bow, the claw and red sword are among my favorite accessories of all time!
Say no to AFA.

crimsonchris

• phpBB Rookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 16, 2004, 11:22:02 PM »

I'm not sure who i'd have to give my favourite joe to, but going on which one i played with the most it'd have to be dusty v1.   something about the fabric sunshield? dustshield? on the back of his helmet... i remember thinking how cool that was on a gi joe... any of the drednocks are a favourite too...and hit&run, with the backpack and grappling hook

i do remember my first ever joe too...its crazy how much i remember of it too...i must have been 6...it was a tele-viper in a tru ....in the middle of the aisle in one of those wire basket-like bins, all thrown in with the others...he started it all...

BHMike

• Administrator
  • Pimp Daddy Destro
    • View Profile
    • http://www.bountyhuntertoys.com
« Reply #5 on: December 17, 2004, 09:01:35 AM »

I'd say for me as a kid it's a toss up.

Storm Shadow (cool accessories)
Zartan (he changed color!)
Duke (My father had me 'learn' how to do a mail order all by myself - so the figure sticks out)

Ummm guys. Since you're doing a review here, why not copy it over to the BHT site as well!!! :-)
MIke