JoeCanuck

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Red and white once again! We've restored the classic look of JoeCanuck.

Author Topic: Transformers Movie...save your money....  (Read 6574 times)

Radio Guy

• phpBB CJC Media Liason
  • phpBB Dead Eye Mechanic
    • View Profile
Transformers Movie...save your money....
« on: June 28, 2007, 11:20:05 PM »

Just saw the movie and it was BAAAAD!  Cheezy, slow moving, badly directed (Michael Bay has out-Pearl-Harboured himself) and laden with plot holes.  I won't go into any spoilers because I realize that you may want to go and see it for yourself.  I will say that the fx were kewl, but if I want to see a movie that coasts on fx rather than show a plot, I believe Spiderman 3 is still playing. Nice to see Jon Voight, Anthony Edwards, and a few other actors up on screen, but felt their performances could be better.  Too much humour...shlocky humour...and slow pacing.  Prime doesn't show for the first 40 minutes....Megatron, about a half hour after that....and don't even get me started about Jazz dancing.  Like I said, no spoilers.  I've said enough.  If you do see it, share your thoughts.

cheers!

b
« Last Edit: June 28, 2007, 11:30:42 PM by Radio Guy »
Wherever you go, there you are.

Agent_Loop

• phpBB CanJoeCon Staff
  • Back-Stop Wannabe
    • View Profile
    • http://www.jasonloo.com/
Re: Transformers Movie...save your money....
« Reply #1 on: July 05, 2007, 09:58:33 AM »

I really enjoyed Transformers mostly because of the intended humour, among other things such as the action. Cheesy humour is what I call jokes made by the hosts of Mastercollector at their Dinner parties. The humour in this movie was laugh out loud funny, and wasn't the same kind that made you say "WTF?" after seeing Peter Parker's dance in Spiderman 3.
The lead up to Prime and Megatron and Starscream is the best part. Just as they appear on the screen, everyone in the audience including me applauded. Worth the delay.
It's worth buying a ticket in the theatres at least once. Just try it out, you will be entertained...in a good way.
I enjoyed this more than Pirates 3, Spiderman 3, and other movies I've seen in the theatres this year thus far. Actually, it's enjoyment level ties up with Hot Fuzz in my books.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »

Stealth Viper

• Administrator
  • Black Ice Wannabe
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 05, 2007, 10:10:01 PM »

I saw it tonight.

REALLY enjoyed it. I went in with lowered expectations, and was pleasantly surprised.

Sure, some of the humour was BAD - and there were a couple plot holes bigger than the grand canyon.. but for my $10, it's the best eye and ear candy out there, plus it's entertaining to boot.

I honestly think this is about as good as a Transformers movie that we could have realistically hoped for. It could of been a LOT worse.
Quote from: \"Pete The Greek\"
My review of the Rat:

A little piece of crap.

VEGA1

• phpBB Rookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 06, 2007, 07:47:08 PM »

Quote from: "Agent_Loop"
I really enjoyed Transformers mostly because of the intended humour, among other things such as the action. Cheesy humour is what I call jokes made by the hosts of Mastercollector at their Dinner parties. The humour in this movie was laugh out loud funny, and wasn't the same kind that made you say "WTF?" after seeing Peter Parker's dance in Spiderman 3.
The lead up to Prime and Megatron and Starscream is the best part. Just as they appear on the screen, everyone in the audience including me applauded. Worth the delay.
It's worth buying a ticket in the theatres at least once. Just try it out, you will be entertained...in a good way.
I enjoyed this more than Pirates 3, Spiderman 3, and other movies I've seen in the theatres this year thus far. Actually, it's enjoyment level ties up with Hot Fuzz in my books.

I totally agree with Loop on this movie....You can't get no better then this and SM 3 wasn't great at all.
VEGA~1:cobra:

Redmao

• Back-Stop Wannabe
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 07, 2007, 10:27:03 PM »

I saw it this afternoon.
First of all I hated all the robot's faces. They looked too alienish for my taste and Prime's opening face plate pissed me off.
You'll pay for this someday Micheal Bay!!!

If you take the movie without being a hardcore transfan, your in for a really entertaining ride. Action packed with cool comedy.
Its a really good movie, but it should've been given to somebody who actually cares about the Transformers. A bunch of little details bugged me throughout the movie. At least prime had his original voice and so should've Megatron. Welker would've been perfect.

Maybe I've been expecting a transformers movie for so long my hope were too high. Maybe I like my robots in disguise like the way they were in 1985...
Say no to AFA.

Raptor

• Mudslinger Wannabe
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 08, 2007, 12:52:18 AM »

I loved it. I came out feeling like I was 10 years old again. I haven't enjoyed a movie like that since Independance day. I may just have to see it in the theatre again.

It was a perfect 80's movie.

:chicken:
\"\'Must-look-akward-ya-hoo!\"

Recon

• phpBB Joe Canuck Trooper
    • View Profile
    • http://authorianoneill.blogspot.com/
« Reply #6 on: July 08, 2007, 06:54:43 PM »

I just saw Transformers and it was fantastic. I loved it! This film entertained me from the getgo. I'm with Raptor, I may just have to see this in the theatre again.

Cheers,
Recon

Metro

• phpBB Joe Canuck Trooper
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 10, 2007, 07:27:33 PM »

I'd have to say I really enjoyed it far more than I thought I would have too.

Sure there were some plot holes and some of the action made me a little dizzy but at the same time all things considered it was pretty cool.  There were only a couple things that really bugged me in the movie; a few too many shots of the girl looking a little too blank faced, Prime's face, and that pesky Linkin Park song.  The build up to Prime, Megatron, and Starscream was pretty cool I thought, especially when Megatron jabbed Starscream about failing him again.  That was sweet ;)

Definitely worth the price of admission.

Iron J

• phpBB Rookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 15, 2007, 01:44:27 PM »

I was never really a huge Transformers fan, but I loved the movie. Ironhide was awesome, and I love how they kept the transforming sound.

morgardee

• Pimp Daddy Destro
  • SNAKE!
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 15, 2007, 05:32:21 PM »

I just got in from seeing it. I really liked it.

The negative:
Robots faces were lame. I didn't care for the bug look they all had.
The apperance of the bots. I didn't know who was Megatron and who was Star Scream at one point.
Lack of personality in the robots. I don't feel like I got to know any of them.

The positive:
They quoted the original TF cartoon movie when Prime was about to go head to head with Megatron with the whole "one shall stand, one shall fall" line
Easy for non TF fans to jump on board and enjoy.
A decent length film and I thought it was paced well. I wasn't bored at all.

I'll buy it on DVD for sure.
Night Force, the exact opposite of everything chrome.

Pete The Greek

• Administrator
  • Mudslinger Wannabe
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 21, 2007, 12:56:03 AM »

I held off watching it in the theatre until today (even though my brother has a copy of it already).  I went in with low expectations and come out pretty happy with the out come.  Some of the old school references were good and had to remind my friends about them.  You fail me again Starscream...man I laughed out load with that liner. 

But I am not amuzed that one of my favorite Autobot characters, who had a limited, cheesy and weak role in the movie, got killed off.  And to boot, he is the next car I want to get after my current car dies off.  >:(  I already call my current car buy that name.  F@*&^.  And the status of Cybertron gets a bigger WTF from me. 
Go Leafs Go - just end '67

Colonel Abernathy

• phpBB Frostback Trooper
    • View Profile
    • http://www.geocities.com/sabulicious
« Reply #11 on: July 23, 2007, 09:35:08 AM »

IMO the movie is perfect; it's generic enough that a non-transfan can enjoy it, and has enough 80s references for the hardcore fan.  The "bug faces" are annoying but really, when you think about it, are mechanical alien lifeforms really going to look like blocky Japanese super-robots?  Don't get me wrong, I much prefer the G1 look and I'm a huge G1 fan (best toyline ever!), but there's stuff in this movie that actually makes more sense than TFs circa 1984.  Reading the prequel comics helps.  I will always place G1 at the top but this movie was by no means a "bad" Transformers movie.  IMO, of course  ;D
Sabu

Check out my music:

www.myspace.com/sabuthejungleboy