JoeCanuck

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Red and white once again! We've restored the classic look of JoeCanuck.

Author Topic: Canadian Dollar rising.  (Read 1646 times)

morgardee

• Pimp Daddy Destro
  • SNAKE!
    • View Profile
Canadian Dollar rising.
« on: May 02, 2006, 10:46:24 AM »

Canadian dollar is the highest it has been since Jan 26, 1978. It is worth 90 cents (USD) and has been going up for a while:

http://www.theglobeandmail.com/servlet/ ... /Business/

Good news/bad news. While it's great to see the Canadian dollar rise like this, the down side is some factories like BF Goodrich are pulling Canadian plants because it's no longer economical as there was such as discount to have the work done here when the our dollar was down around the 75 cents area.

Still, it's nice to finally see the dollar rise. I know I've always wanted to see it even out. I remember years ago seeing some show/movie with Pamela Anderson where she wanted payment in Canadian dollars for some job because it was worth more. Maybe she was on to something.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »
Night Force, the exact opposite of everything chrome.

Raptor

• Mudslinger Wannabe
    • View Profile
Canadian Dollar rising.
« Reply #1 on: May 02, 2006, 11:39:06 AM »

When the Canadian dollar goes high, the economy slows due to foreign investment and foreign plants moving to better economic circumstances. Unless your job is at risk, it's great because it keeps the interest rate from climbing, gives you an excuse to stock up on Marauder guns and go to the GI Joe Con. ;-)

- :chicken:
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »
\"\'Must-look-akward-ya-hoo!\"