JoeCanuck

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Red and white once again! We've restored the classic look of JoeCanuck.

Author Topic: Transformer classics spotted  (Read 1930 times)

akpayne

• phpBB Timbit Wannabe
    • View Profile
Transformer classics spotted
« on: February 10, 2007, 08:22:38 PM »

Included Grimlock and Mirage, but I also saw the new JetFire.
JetFire like Prime is $29.99.
JetFire I can stretch my imagination and pretend he is worth $30, but I am having a hard time paying that much for Prime.  He is also packaged in a way that he looks like a small toy in a large box.
Today was the first time I have seen Prime restocked since before Christmas - so I am in the minority and thinking he is worth $30.  I was hoping to be able to find him for half price or something.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »

Redmao

• Back-Stop Wannabe
    • View Profile
Re: Transformer classics spotted
« Reply #1 on: February 13, 2007, 08:34:24 AM »

Prime is a fun toy though.
He's on my coffee table and I often "play" with him while I watch TV.
Say no to AFA.

Jon S.

• Administrator
  • phpBB Shiver Wannabe
    • View Profile
    • http://individual.utoronto.ca/gijoecanada
« Reply #2 on: February 13, 2007, 11:56:15 AM »

It's a really good Prime. I paid $20 for him (TRU sale) and I'm happy with that.

I think it depends on how much you like Prime and how much money you have to spend. It's definitely worth buying. Don't let the quantity of plastic influence your decision.

akpayne

• phpBB Timbit Wannabe
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 27, 2007, 08:26:25 PM »

I found Prime for $20 and picked him up - I have to say I am really impressed with him, he really is worth it.
I also picked up JetFire - what a great redo of this figure.
I have had multiple oringal figures, and the one I have now is in the box,  and I as I had to pay so stinkin much for him in Mint in Box condition that I don't want to open him for fear of the slighest bit of damage.  The classics version is just as good only in a different scale and not simply a Macross repaint.
I like the added touches on both of thse figures that screams back to the original figures but at the same time is a completely different modern version.
I have yet to pick up Megatron as I am really stuck on the ugly gun mode, but since I have been surprised by all of the other figures, if I could find him for $20 I would probably pick him up anyway.

I just wish the other figures that are currently US Target exlusives would be available in Canada.

BTW - thanks for the advice on Prime Jon and Redmao!  It was on your suggestions that I kept my I out for him!