JoeCanuck

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Red and white once again! We've restored the classic look of JoeCanuck.

Author Topic: MC news letters still late  (Read 9771 times)

morgardee

• Pimp Daddy Destro
  • SNAKE!
    • View Profile
MC news letters still late
« on: January 23, 2008, 09:27:31 AM »

Thought I'd start a new thread on this. I know I got my December news letter because i called the MC group and asked for a new copy as I was still waiting. How about the rest of our Canadian members? Did you guys get the December letter yet?

What about January? I'm still waiting for that one as well and I even called them a week ago on the phone and explained that many members in Canada are not getting the news letter and are starting to become unhappy. I'm not trying to upset them or anything stupid like that. I was calm and explained that we Canadian's are not getting our letters and this needs to be looked into.

Anyhow, how are the rest of the Canadian MC members doing with the news letters?
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »
Night Force, the exact opposite of everything chrome.

Pete The Greek

• Administrator
  • Mudslinger Wannabe
    • View Profile
Re: MC news letters still late
« Reply #1 on: January 23, 2008, 10:29:30 AM »

The December issue arrived yesterday for me. Nothing for January.  I expect it to arrive in March at this rate. 
Go Leafs Go - just end '67

Redmao

• Back-Stop Wannabe
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 23, 2008, 12:27:28 PM »

Nothing here except annoyance towards the club.
They claim they are working on something... Meanwhile we don't see any progress.
I think its very low on their list of priorities since the majority of their members receive theirs.

Sucks!

I can't wait to see the exclusive pictures of 25A Wildbill and... oh wait, Hasbro released them publicly already... There goes the exclusive news...

Seriously, whats the point?
Say no to AFA.

Deadshot

• phpBB Dead Eye Mechanic
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 23, 2008, 06:42:41 PM »

I just got Decembers today.  Nothing  for January yet.  I'll be calling them tomorrow.

Needless to say I'm not too happy with them.    3 months in  a row.... I call Shananagans  on them.
Zinthos.

morgardee

• Pimp Daddy Destro
  • SNAKE!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 23, 2008, 08:24:50 PM »

Yeah, I just got my December news letter today from Switzerland. This puts us one week shy of being 2 months behind now on our news letters.

Redmao

• Back-Stop Wannabe
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 24, 2008, 08:00:14 AM »

Got it too.
Still  >:( though.
Say no to AFA.

DPrime

• phpBB Joe Canuck Trooper
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 24, 2008, 09:43:56 AM »

Late, late, late... I mean, really. What's the issue? There's no reason why they can't fix the proper postage on these and send them all out at the same time, right?

BHMike

• Administrator
  • Pimp Daddy Destro
    • View Profile
    • http://www.bountyhuntertoys.com
« Reply #7 on: January 24, 2008, 10:20:39 AM »

Quote from: "DPrime"
Late, late, late... I mean, really. What's the issue?

:shifty: :lol:

Sorry, I just had to... that was wide open for that comment!  :wink:

Lt Storm

• View Profile
    • http://canadaseliteheadquarters.com/
« Reply #8 on: January 24, 2008, 10:54:48 PM »

I received my December issue yesterday, better late then never.   :lol:
When life gives you lemons...trade them in for oranges, they are much better for you.

morgardee

• Pimp Daddy Destro
  • SNAKE!
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 25, 2008, 08:41:36 AM »

I emailed them about this yesterday:

Good afternoon Brian and the rest of the G.I. Joe Collectors club,

In efforts to help the G.I. Joe collectors club I'm trying to keep you aware of the delays your Canadian members are suffering from. Yesterday (January 23rd, 2008) I received my December news letter (2007) from Switzerland. That is about 1 week of being two months behind schedule. The news letters even have a date stamp on them saying something along the lines of "Deliver by December 12th".

Part of the appeal of being part of the G.I. Joe collectors club is we are suppose to get our new G.I.Joe related news first, before the other news groups. For example, the new Wild Bill figure that Lanny has mentioned in a thread. He was upset because pictures of this new figure were posted on other news line groups. Well photos of Wild Bill are now showing on the web (http://gijoeclub.com/2008wave3-02.cfm for example) free for anyone to see. Canada has not yet received our January news letter so news breaking things like this no longer have any impact. The news letter is no longer the place to get news first for us living outside the U.S.A.
Plus the news letter includes information on preorder items. Getting the letter almost two months late greatly impacts preorder items. By the time I read about new preorder items in the news letter I have already placed an order and received my item from another on line store.

I want the G.I.Joe collectors club to thrive and survive but in order to do this then something needs to be done to address this situation. This has been going on for the past four months. What has changed recently and how can you as a club rectify the situation and get back to the service we were receiving before? Granted that was a bit slower, but being 3 weeks late is better than seven weeks late. In all honesty, since we as Canadians pay more for our membership I would hope the inflated price we pay would go to ensuring our news letters get shipped at a higher priority service so that we may get our news at the same time as any person living inside the United States of America.

Please don't leave this in the hands of FedEx and wait for them to solve the problem. This is your product that we all pay for in advance every year with our membership. It should not take this long to resolve this issue.
Thank you for hearing my concerns,

David

The reply I got from Brian:

David, We are working on new technology for the newsletter online. The preorder search in the store now shows you everything that is available soyou don't need the newsletter for that. As to the mail, we are goingback to DHL this month to see if their system is any better. They arethe ones we used before FEDEX so we will see what happens, this may makea difference in the price. We are working on all items, they just take time. Brian

So the good news is we should soon see our news letters showing up in the same month like how it was before October 2007. The bad news is last comment about price. I'm not sure how that is going to play out for us. Of course I wouldn't care half as much about the delay in the news letter if the DPF was still a download option.

I think the biggest problem is they changed two things at the same time, leaving no reasonable backup system. They ended the on line PDF AND changed the delivery service at the same time. Had they experiments with a new courier first then yes we would still be getting our information late but still would have had the option to read the letter online. Or it could have gone the other way with no online service but we would still be getting our news in the same month it came out.

Right now they are working on a solution to the news letter and working on switching back to the old courier. Again, no backup system in place.

At least they are aware of the problems and working on a solution. I want to go on record that I'm not bashing the club and trying to work with them to provide them with as much information as I can so they can report back to their people and get things smoothed out.

Redmao

• Back-Stop Wannabe
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 25, 2008, 11:27:07 AM »

Nice move on your part.

The club's answer isn't very satisfying though. "We're working on it" just doesn't cut it. I don't want to play th spoiled brat here, but I want to see results.

That they go to a new courier to insure that we get our letters in time should've been done a long time ago since we are paying for it. The fact that they might charge more is inacceptable. The due were already risen this year and they want to charge us even more for privileges that should be the basis of the membership?

No way, man!
Say no to AFA.

Lt Storm

• View Profile
    • http://canadaseliteheadquarters.com/
« Reply #11 on: January 25, 2008, 03:48:44 PM »

Quote from: "Redmao"
The club's answer isn't very satisfying though. "We're working on it" just doesn't cut it. I don't want to play th spoiled brat here, but I want to see results.

It's the typical answer, I've seen this so many times with the Hasrbo Q&A.  Why don't they just come out and say, we don't care about our Canadian fans.  That's what they basically mean.
When life gives you lemons...trade them in for oranges, they are much better for you.