JoeCanuck

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Red and white once again! We've restored the classic look of JoeCanuck.

Author Topic: MC news letters still late  (Read 9778 times)

BHMike

• Administrator
  • Pimp Daddy Destro
    • View Profile
    • http://www.bountyhuntertoys.com
Re: MC news letters still late
« Reply #12 on: January 25, 2008, 05:40:40 PM »

Quote from: "Lt Storm"
It's the typical answer, I've seen this so many times with the Hasrbo Q&A.  Why don't they just come out and say, we don't care about our Canadian fans.  That's what they basically mean.

I hope you're talking about Master Collector there?...
Because I think Hasbro Canada is genuinely trying to show us Joe Fans that they do care.

1. Product in stores (Comic Packs, Singles at TRU and Walmart)
2. Q & A specifically for this site. (Don't know of another Canadian site that gets that!)
3. Attendance at the Canadian Joe Meet (1 on 1 interaction with fans)
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »

Realboss

• phpBB Shiver Wannabe
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 27, 2008, 08:51:40 PM »

I call and email every month to tell MC that the newletter is at least a month behind.  Ever since they switched printers and I don't think it's the postal company that is the problem, all U.S. members get theirs on time.  Maybe they shouldn't outsource a national monthly newsletter to Sweden. 
There can be only one.  One true GIJoe that is!

Deadshot

• phpBB Dead Eye Mechanic
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 27, 2008, 10:46:26 PM »

but here's the thing, they've been shipping the newsletter from Sweden since I joined  2 years ago.    Its only been really late  for the last while. 
Zinthos.

Lt Storm

• phpBB Joe Canuck Trooper
    • View Profile
    • http://canadaseliteheadquarters.com/
« Reply #15 on: January 29, 2008, 10:46:34 PM »

Quote from: "THE Mike?"
It's the typical answer, I've seen this so many times with the Hasrbo Q&A.  Why don't they just come out and say, we don't care about our Canadian fans.  That's what they basically mean.

Because I think Hasbro Canada is genuinely trying to show us Joe Fans that they do care.

2. Q & A specifically for this site. (Don't know of another Canadian site that gets that!)

Yes and No, I mean both including Hasbro.  Sorry I know we've seen (very little) 25th Anny Joe product in our stores...but come on only 7 figures...whats up with that??  (not including comic packs which i still haven't been able to find  >:( )  It's just everytime Hasbro was asked in a Q&A about bringing product to Canada they gave a half baked answer, we're looking into it or working on it.  I want to hear more then that and see a full line instead of 7 characters.  I bought them all but the only one's I was really stoked over were Snowjob, Sgt Flash, and Crimson Guard.  I could care less about Shipwreck, CC or Destro or Snake Eyes.  What wave is the US up too now and we've gotten a lack lust one at that.  I want to see Flint, Lady Jaye, Serpentor, Stalker, Buzzer, Firefly, Zartan, the Cobra Legions Set. 
That's just how I feel.  :(
When life gives you lemons...trade them in for oranges, they are much better for you.

Pete The Greek

• Administrator
  • Mudslinger Wannabe
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 29, 2008, 11:12:37 PM »

Quote from: "THE Mikeā„¢"

Yes and No, I mean both including Hasbro.  Sorry I know we've seen (very little) 25th Anny Joe product in our stores...but come on only 7 figures...whats up with that??  (not including comic packs which i still haven't been able to find  >:( )  It's just everytime Hasbro was asked in a Q&A about bringing product to Canada they gave a half baked answer, we're looking into it or working on it.  I want to hear more then that and see a full line instead of 7 characters.  I bought them all but the only one's I was really stoked over were Snowjob, Sgt Flash, and Crimson Guard.  I could care less about Shipwreck, CC or Destro or Snake Eyes.  What wave is the US up too now and we've gotten a lack lust one at that.  I want to see Flint, Lady Jaye, Serpentor, Stalker, Buzzer, Firefly, Zartan, the Cobra Legions Set. 

You have to blame the retailers like Wal-Mart, TRU and Zellers for this.  TRU only got in one case of GI JOE stuff last year.  And it seems Wal-Mart and Zellers are following the same path.  Nothing has been re-stocked for 2 weeks. 

I want to see pegs full of JOE product, just like Transformers, WWE and those shitty Power Ranger that continue to fill up the toy sections.  Not this crap of going around to 10 freaking Wal-Marts to find two freaking single packs.  I want to support the line in Canada.  But right now, all I am getting is the middle finger and take my business else where feeling.  Canadian retailers (regardless if they are based here or in the States) need to clue in. 
Go Leafs Go - just end '67

morgardee

• Pimp Daddy Destro
  • SNAKE!
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 30, 2008, 09:15:26 AM »

Quote from: "THE Mike?"

Toys R Us had wave 2  on American cards which included Beachhead

Cobra Trooper (Repaint)

Dreadnok Buzzer

Lady Jaye

Serpentor

Snake Eyes

Storm Shadow V2.

So while I agree we do need to have all the waves, it's not true that wave 5 is the only wave seen here in Canada. I bought most of wave 2 from Toys R Us in Kitchener, On.
Night Force, the exact opposite of everything chrome.

pdaat

• phpBB Chacal Noir Wannabe
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 30, 2008, 09:17:37 AM »

They were apparently on the TRU in London as well but I missed them.

Heroes in London gets in a good amount and $9.99 isn't too bad.

Paul
Victorious warriors win first and then go to war, while defeated warriors go to war first and then seek to win.

Lt Storm

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: January 30, 2008, 10:56:29 AM »

My closets TRU is in London but I really don't have the time to drive 1 1/2 hours just to find them sold out.    I just want to see all the waves in our Walmarts and Zellers not just one slim pickings wave.  There isn't even a mention on the canadian card backs about watching for more like the american one's.  I hate having to buy the battle packs off ebay  :( 
Like many of you I'm a collector, a serious one, if they are there I buy them, even one's I really don't want.
When life gives you lemons...trade them in for oranges, they are much better for you.

Storm.Shadow

• phpBB Dead Eye Mechanic
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: January 30, 2008, 11:04:16 AM »

There isn't even a mention on the Canadian card backs about watching for more like the American one's.

I noticed that too. Hopefully it was just an over sight, but who knows.

pdaat

• phpBB Chacal Noir Wannabe
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: January 30, 2008, 11:54:57 AM »

Lt. Storm  - want me to try and get the 3 pack for you from Zellers Masonville?
Victorious warriors win first and then go to war, while defeated warriors go to war first and then seek to win.

Lt Storm

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: January 31, 2008, 10:14:39 PM »

Thanks but I'll have faith in my local Zellers and pray they will have them soon so I can buy them up and support them.  I've probably just kicked myself in the @$$  :lol:

Realboss

• phpBB Shiver Wannabe
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: February 01, 2008, 01:29:10 PM »

What I don't get is how they can charge $5 more a comic pack than U.S. retailers and have crappy packaging for the singes and charge more for them, especially when our dollar is still strong?
There can be only one.  One true GIJoe that is!