JoeCanuck

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Red and white once again! We've restored the classic look of JoeCanuck.

Author Topic: Cleaning of figures and parts  (Read 2067 times)

Radio Guy

• phpBB CJC Media Liason
  • phpBB Dead Eye Mechanic
    • View Profile
Cleaning of figures and parts
« on: April 27, 2004, 09:23:36 AM »

I also posted this on the "Off Topic" section, but thought there might be some "neophytes" like myself out there that could benifit from you customizers out there:

Okay, so I'm not a customizer, but I understand that alot of you fellas are, so you're no doubt up on all the right "tools of the trade". If I'm just looking to clean figures up and make them more presentable, what do you recommend? Are certain things better for certain problem areas, and where can I find this stuff...Can Tire..Home Depot..Etc?

Thanks!
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »
Wherever you go, there you are.

Spillspleen

• HATE Mechanic
    • View Profile
Cleaning of figures and parts
« Reply #1 on: April 27, 2004, 03:05:53 PM »

Use what the real professionals use...!!!

Dish detergent and warm water...that?s it...nothing else!

This will not harm your figures at all and will clean them of anything dirt and dust related.

DO NOT use anything else...like Mr. Clean or anything with alcohol of chemicals in them...this will begin the alteration of the plastic...some plastics are absorbent of some chemicals....!!!

Use a soft tooth brush to get in any little areas that may be dirty....!!

Lastly do not do anything in the sink....get a large shallow bowl (personal preference) sit in front of the Canadians hockey game and scrub away!! I usually put a few figures in to let them soak for awhile, this helps the grease and dust to break down?also make sure they dry or else you will rust out the screws. In a really bad case (dirty dirty) take the guy apart and repeat the process!!!

I saw a show on what professional restorers use to clean collectables?and not the ma and paw outfits but the multi million dollar companies that clean comics and any other old relics!!
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »