JoeCanuck

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Red and white once again! We've restored the classic look of JoeCanuck.

Author Topic: Trades?  (Read 8931 times)

Radio Guy

• phpBB CJC Media Liason
  • phpBB Dead Eye Mechanic
    • View Profile
Trades?
« on: April 01, 2009, 12:56:28 PM »

Just wondering how many of y'all are planning to bring items to trade this year.  In the past, the "Trade Table" at Joe Meets was usually busy all day with collectors trading figures, vehicles, parts, and other Joe and non-Joe stuff.  I noticed as the status has chanegd to "Convention", that with so much other stuff to see and do, there hasn't been as much trading going on.  Just looking for your thougths and if you plan on bringing some trade fodder....
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »
Wherever you go, there you are.

xhairs

• phpBB Hailstorm Pilot
    • View Profile
    • http://s285.photobucket.com/albums/ll68/XHAIRS_photos/
Re: Trades?
« Reply #1 on: April 01, 2009, 01:43:48 PM »

i might have stufff to trade not sure.
CUSTOM TOYS ARE THE BEST TOYS !!!!!!!!!!!!
ORING, CLASSIC & RESOLUTE FOR LIFE!!!!!!!!!

grunt 4 mvp

• Back-Stop Wannabe
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 01, 2009, 05:38:50 PM »

I'll bring tons of stuff if people are going to do the same...
Two conventions ago I made some great deals for some accessories and comics, etc.
If you've got complete 90's figures FTS, PM me!

BHMike

• Administrator
  • Pimp Daddy Destro
    • View Profile
    • http://www.bountyhuntertoys.com
« Reply #3 on: April 01, 2009, 05:59:55 PM »

The trade section went away because people were selling items and not trading. Dealers complained, so it was removed.

If I can get a couple of people to watch over the trading section, then it can (most likely) return this year. But to be fair, only those that get tables to sell, should be the only ones selling.

grunt 4 mvp

• Back-Stop Wannabe
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 01, 2009, 10:15:53 PM »

Quote from: "THE Mike?"
The trade section went away because people were selling items and not trading. Dealers complained, so it was removed.
If I can get a couple of people to watch over the trading section, then it can (most likely) return this year. But to be fair, only those that get tables to sell, should be the only ones selling.

That's seems implicit.  Too bad that went on- I made awesome trades two years ago.  Everything from a simple accessory to a comic to a complete figure to an MOC figure.
I assumed it went away because there wasn't room at the last 'meet'.  I kind of felt like a trading section could've gone near the customs - so that makes more sense now.  Thanks.
I'm not a Mod or anything, but I'd do a tour of duty overseeing the trading spot if you needed.  I have fun trading because then people talk about their collections and what they're looking for. It inevitably leads to conversations about 'personal grails' and lengthy searches for things. Fun.  Even if it doesn't happen, I can't wait for the meet/convention.
If you've got complete 90's figures FTS, PM me!

roshan

• phpBB CJC Volunteer
  • phpBB Joe Canuck Trooper
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 02, 2009, 08:20:05 AM »

I'm bringing a terrordrome, a mcc and a flagg with for trades.  I don't think those guys are going to be completely even swaps on the other end, so is trade +cash to make up the difference acceptable on the big items?  If anyone wants one ahead of time and do a pre deal let me know.  These things are often easiest to trade face to face to avoid the horrible shipping. 

morgardee

• Pimp Daddy Destro
  • SNAKE!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 02, 2009, 08:59:40 AM »

Quote from: "roshan"
I'm bringing a terrordrome, a mcc and a flagg with for trades.  I don't think those guys are going to be completely even swaps on the other end, so is trade +cash to make up the difference acceptable on the big items?  If anyone wants one ahead of time and do a pre deal let me know.  These things are often easiest to trade face to face to avoid the horrible shipping. 

To avoid getting in any sort of trouble you might want to talk with some of the dealers like Hal or Dead Shot and see if they are interested in buying those items from you. As THE Mike said, there is to be no selling of Joe items unless you have paid for a table. It not fair to the guys who help support the meet every year by setting up tables if everyone starts selling stuff out the back of thier car.

Also, I've seen MCC on the free table in the past and no one wanted it. That's not a high demand item. The other two items are.
Night Force, the exact opposite of everything chrome.

Radio Guy

• phpBB CJC Media Liason
  • phpBB Dead Eye Mechanic
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 02, 2009, 10:00:21 AM »

i would also volunteer to spend some time watching the trade table to make sure it's all trade and no selling.
Wherever you go, there you are.

latinjoe22

• Global Moderator
  • Mudslinger Wannabe
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 08, 2009, 12:55:22 PM »

I can bring a few small items to trade too! I'll bring my small box of spare 80's figure parts & accessories if that can increase my chances of finding what I need. Check out my wants in the link below.

http://www.joecanuck.com/joe/board/http://joecanuck.com/board1//viewtopic.php?p=24392#p24392
« Last Edit: April 08, 2009, 01:02:05 PM by latinjoe22 »
2 + 2 = 22

condor knight

• phpBB Timbit Wannabe
    • View Profile
    • http://www.hjlcollectibles.com
« Reply #9 on: April 08, 2009, 10:23:55 PM »

I am willing to trade with customers if they want to and if I am interested in the items
Come visit my store at
http://www.hjlcollectibles.com

My email via the site:
hal@hjlcollectibles.com

master_stanley

• phpBB Joe Canuck Trooper
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 09, 2009, 11:32:57 PM »

I always trade with anyone at my table feel free to msg with stuff your looking for if I have it I'll hold it for you.

K.B.

• phpBB Frostback Trooper
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 21, 2009, 11:37:47 PM »

I'm up for a trade if anyone is interested

I have a few 25th figures mint on canadian cards

-City Assault Roadblock
-Hiss Driver
-Tiger Force Flint
-Python Patrol Officer

and am thinking of giving up my Zartan with swamp ski, Flint in cobra disguise and Major Blood.

I don't follow a value other then "a figure for a figure"  :)