JoeCanuck

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Red and white once again! We've restored the classic look of JoeCanuck.

Author Topic: G.I.Joe Resolute on Teletoon Detour  (Read 6887 times)

darth cujo

• phpBB Frostback Trooper
    • View Profile
Re: G.I.Joe Resolute on Teletoon Detour
« Reply #12 on: April 25, 2009, 10:27:15 AM »

Anyone watch it last night? I watched it and it was okay. Overall it was kinda meh. Felt more like the old cartoons with more violence and mild cursing. Same over the top story line, same goofy cobra commander, though toned down a touch.
Animation was great if you like anime. I don't like anime, but thought it was pretty good, but still had some of those idiosyncrasies that are inherrent in anime which I find annoying (goofy facial expression being one of them).

Overall it was okay, but I'll stick to the comics, thanks.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »

Realboss

• phpBB Shiver Wannabe
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 25, 2009, 10:31:03 AM »

When all was said and done, I found the story a bit rushed and very anti-climactic.
There can be only one.  One true GIJoe that is!

Lt Storm

• phpBB Joe Canuck Trooper
    • View Profile
    • http://canadaseliteheadquarters.com/
« Reply #14 on: April 25, 2009, 11:04:35 AM »

It was still AWESOME!!  :lol:

I'm sure if Hasbro realized how well received this has been they would have extended it.  Though with the early buzz around it I'm surprised they didn't. 

The ending was predictable but still solid.  The best ever in G.I.Joe animation. 

Darth I can't see how you think this was the same goofy Cobra Commander, the guy was nuts.  Were you watching the same toon?  You weren't watching the old Dic series were you?  lol
When life gives you lemons...trade them in for oranges, they are much better for you.

BHMike

• Administrator
  • Pimp Daddy Destro
    • View Profile
    • http://www.bountyhuntertoys.com
« Reply #15 on: April 25, 2009, 11:22:37 AM »

Near the end, he became the old CC. He hid from the Joes instead of fighting them.

Pete The Greek

• Administrator
  • Mudslinger Wannabe
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 25, 2009, 12:04:53 PM »

I watched it on teletoon last night.  I had a meh reaction to it as well.  Whether it's lasers (aka Sunbow and DIC) or bullets (Resolute), Cobra still can't hit the broad side of a barn.   How can either Duke and/or Scarlett survive the fire fight in Siberia is beyond me, and yet all the Cobras get wasted  ::).  Plus, I still don't get why there was a need to kill off major Cobra characters and yet only one Joe gets killed (yes, Bandy and I are in mourning). 

So what was the point of Resolute?  It seems to be a one off right now from what I watched.  Might as well have killed off Duke and Snake Eyes as well.

Speaking of which, I am not a fan of this ultimate killing ninja called Snake Eyes.  Since when does he move like Sonic the Hedgehog and kill like Rambo with a sword.  Please.  Enough of this crap. 
Go Leafs Go - just end '67

darth cujo

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 25, 2009, 02:15:17 PM »

Quote from: "Lt Storm"
Darth I can't see how you think this was the same goofy Cobra Commander, the guy was nuts.  Were you watching the same toon?  You weren't watching the old Dic series were you?  lol

Hmm, well, pretty much what Mike said. He still ended up as a raving maniac who wanted to destroy the world, and then slipped out the back door in the end. Sure he was toned down from the cartoon, but it pretty much felt like the old toon. The whole thing really felt like this was the old toon on steroids, which for me, is not really a good thing. And the killing of the characters, seemed like it was purely for shock value. DD got all kinds of flak for killing characters, and this was really no better, if not worse.

Oh well, I still enjoyed it for what it was. There were certainly some cool moments, and it was fun seeing some of the characters in animated form. But that's about it.

Inzane

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 25, 2009, 02:49:48 PM »

Did anyone else get messed up by the Teletoon broadcast last night?

I'm quite peeved.  I couldn't watch it live so I had it set to record on my PVR.  When I watched it this morning, at the start of the recording the episode was already in progress (ie. missed the beginning... 5 min?  10 min?) and then the recording ended before the end of the show.  Again did I miss 5 min?  10 min?

ARRGHHH!!!!

Where my recording started:   Cobra Commander giving his demands to the United Nations.
Where my recording ended:  They just landed in Springfield, Snake Eyes comes to the rescue of the transport plane, then Duke & S-E repell down into the base and a truckload of cobra troopers unloads.

How much did I actually miss?

Does anyone know if Teletoon will be braodcasting this again?

BHMike

• Administrator
  • Pimp Daddy Destro
    • View Profile
    • http://www.bountyhuntertoys.com
« Reply #19 on: April 25, 2009, 02:58:46 PM »

My DVR recorded EXACTLY when it was supposed to - but Teletoon aired it early - right after Ultimate Avengers 2 ended - so it wasn't your PVR - it was the network.

Luckily for me, I also recorded Avengers - so I got both in their entirety.

sniper

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: April 27, 2009, 04:05:50 PM »

I had to catch it later to get all of it, since the DVR time did not get all of the 1st one.  It started 6 minutes early and ended 5 minutes later than broadcast schedule.

Inzane

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: April 28, 2009, 12:44:52 PM »

Does anyone know if/when Teletoon will broadcast it again?

Kronz

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: April 29, 2009, 03:35:00 AM »

I was not able to get this recorded but found a rip of the Canadian broadcast. If anyone needs a hand I can probably help out. The whole show is on Youtube too but that doesn't really compare to watching on a proper TV, does it?

I only watched the first half as they were coming out on YT so I still have a big chunk to watch, I think I'll put it on now.