JoeCanuck

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Red and white once again! We've restored the classic look of JoeCanuck.

Author Topic: 2009 US Con  (Read 3880 times)

martin-montreal

• Snowbank Wannabe
    • View Profile
2009 US Con
« on: July 07, 2009, 11:47:58 AM »

Now the art box is revealed, what do you think is the vehicle at the back? A mix between a Skyhawk and a ASP ???

http://www.gijoecon.com/kc2009/09grouppreview.cfm

Martin
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »

Stealth Viper

• Administrator
  • Black Ice Wannabe
    • View Profile
Re: 2009 US Con
« Reply #1 on: July 07, 2009, 12:18:08 PM »

Quote from: \"Pete The Greek\"
My review of the Rat:

A little piece of crap.

latinjoe22

• Global Moderator
  • Mudslinger Wannabe
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 07, 2009, 01:09:36 PM »

My opinion...

I will probably not buy this set because it's Crimson Themed, not one of my favorite faction in the Cobra Line, and believe it or not I don't army build beyond the actual Crimson Guards.

I do think however that this set will look way better than its original vintage style counterpart since there was alot of improvements achieved with the 25th' sculpts.

I hope for all your sakes that the crimson troops have the corrected wrists!

I own the orginal version of the plane in the back because It came with the DTC Rhino, and you will for the most part love it. It is compact and displays as nice as a Firebat.

Box art is great by the way!

-LJ22
2 + 2 = 22

morgardee

• Pimp Daddy Destro
  • SNAKE!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 07, 2009, 01:31:04 PM »

It says the wrist are fixed. It also says it's a troop builders dream but I find that a bit presumptuous. I'm a troop builder and while I enjoyed getting the first round of Crimson Strike team figures, I'm passing on this years set because it's already been done and it's WAY to expensive. They want $280 (USD) for a set. That works out to $21.70 per figure in Canadian funds. That is way too much for something where they didn't have to make any new molds or even go looking for the molds like in the past.

This year master Collector set is all set to fail for a bunch of reasons. the obvious reasons are the lazy rehash or a set done 7 years ago and the switch the 25th anniversary styled figures. I really wonder if there was any consideration given to the fact that all the movie toys just came out this week in both Canada in the US. There is stacks of G.I. Joe product and from what I'm reading, most of us don't want to spend even $9.44 on the new figure, never mind $21.70.

Bad choice in themes, bad choice in going to 25th anniversary style and just plain bad timing.

I'll get my figures when they go on clearance in a couple of years. Look at the sale the fun publishing just had with all the previous exclusives. You know these are going to be on sale some day.
« Last Edit: July 08, 2009, 08:38:17 AM by morgardee »
Night Force, the exact opposite of everything chrome.

latinjoe22

• Global Moderator
  • Mudslinger Wannabe
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 07, 2009, 09:53:20 PM »

Quote from: "morgardee"
It says the wrist are fixed.

Aw shocks! I didn't read that part. I guess it's going back to learning how to read  :).

Anyhow I'm a big fan of vac paint application. I wish they would've done the metallic vac finish on the face plates of the single carded Vipes.

As for your review of the set Mogardee, I totally agree with you but then again it's only my two cents.
2 + 2 = 22

martin-montreal

• Snowbank Wannabe
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 07, 2009, 10:01:14 PM »

Quote from: "Stealth Viper"
It's the copter from the Rhino.

http://generalsjoes.com/reviews/2005/ve ... rhino.html

You are right. It really looks like this one! Do you think it will be available at the con?

Martin

martin-montreal

• Snowbank Wannabe
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 07, 2009, 10:05:58 PM »

Quote from: "latinjoe22"
I will probably not buy this set because it's Crimson Themed, not one of my favorite faction in the Cobra Line, and believe it or not I don't army build beyond the actual Crimson Guards.

I'm giving you no more than 1 year... and you will own and display your Crimson guards beside the real Crimson guards commanders (in their 2002 Crimson outfit) and the Crimson Vipers...  :lol:

Martin

latinjoe22

• Global Moderator
  • Mudslinger Wannabe
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 07, 2009, 11:09:36 PM »

Quote from: "martin-montreal"
Quote from: "latinjoe22"

I'm giving you no more than 1 year... and you will own and display your Crimson guards beside the real Crimson guards commanders (in their 2002 Crimson outfit) and the Crimson Vipers...  :lol:.

Still, that's my opinion and not a good reason to ruin any army builder's fun, so more CGV for you guys that love them, enjoy  :wink:!
« Last Edit: July 07, 2009, 11:22:16 PM by latinjoe22 »
2 + 2 = 22

B

• phpBB Timbit Wannabe
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 08, 2009, 06:40:26 AM »

Quote from: "morgardee"
It says the wrist are fixed. It also says it's a troop builders dream but I find that a bit presumptuous. I'm a troop builder and while I enjoyed get the first round of Crimson Strike team figures, I'm passing on this years set because it's already been done and it's WAY to expensive. They want $280 (USD) for a set. That works out to $21.70 per figure in Canadian funds. That is way too much for something where they didn't have to make any new molds or even go looking for the molds like in the past.

This year master Collector set is all set to fail for a bunch of reasons. the obvious reasons are the lazy rehash or a set done 7 years ago and the switch the 25th anniversary styled figures. I really wonder if there was any consideration given to the fact that all the movie toys just came out this week in both Canada in the US. There is stacks of G.I. Joe product and from what I'm reading, most of us don't want to spend even $9.44 on the new figure, never mind $21.70.

Bad choice in themes, bad choice in going to 25th anniversary style and just plain bad timing.

I'll get my figures when they go on clearance in a couple of years. Look at the sale the fun publishing just had with all the previous exclusives. You know these are going to be on sale some day.

has it been seven years already! I remember on yojoe-the pit mailing group when those first came out, it was like sliced bread for hype, I can certainly understand why they want to re-visit probably their best ever released set.

Exclusives are nice but I would rather spend that money on other joe stuff. I'm sure most of those sets will be up on ebay within a week.

latinjoe22

• Global Moderator
  • Mudslinger Wannabe
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 08, 2009, 12:11:31 PM »

Funny that the crimson vipers depicted on the box art seem to have a wrist problem or arthritis... I wonder why  ::).

-LJ22
2 + 2 = 22

morgardee

• Pimp Daddy Destro
  • SNAKE!
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 08, 2009, 01:15:38 PM »

Judging by the way that viper is next to the Rhino helicopter it looks like the attending bonus figure will be another Viper.

Maybe this one will be fuchsia.   :lol:
Night Force, the exact opposite of everything chrome.

martin-montreal

• Snowbank Wannabe
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 10, 2009, 10:48:48 PM »

Since the Rhino is available again (in blue at Target)... I think it's safe to think that a red repaint copter will be available at the US Con...

Martin