JoeCanuck

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Red and white once again! We've restored the classic look of JoeCanuck.

Author Topic: Hasbro Toy Shop (Now Shipping to Canada)  (Read 6095 times)

Kronz

• phpBB Frostback Trooper
    • View Profile
Re: Hasbro Toy Shop (Now Shipping to Canada)
« Reply #12 on: July 08, 2009, 02:37:39 PM »

It seems obvious they don't want to ship to Canada. But by making it possible, they can now have the excuse of "no one used it" when they discontinue shipping to Canada again. Total crock. I'll stick to what I can get on ebay and Small Joes.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »

Scramble

• phpBB Global Moderator
  • Mudslinger Wannabe
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 08, 2009, 03:13:05 PM »

Quote from: "Kronz"
It seems obvious they don't want to ship to Canada. But by making it possible, they can now have the excuse of "no one used it" when they discontinue shipping to Canada again. Total crock.

I disagree. I'm sure they went through a lot of customs paperwork to be allowed to ship product that only profits American companies. The time it took to fill those forms out was on a lawyer's salary. And they can't set up something that loses them money, like if it bounces back from customs. Literally, they can't. If their shareholders can prove that Hasbro did not make every effort to make more money this year than last year, they can be sued.

Every time we've asked Hasbro about shipping to Canada, they've said they're working on it. Maybe this is what they were working on, trying not to have to charge an extra %25 just to ship here. And after two, three years of saying they're trying, maybe they were stuck either never shipping to us (net result: angry fans) or shipping to us with a $25 surcharge (net result: upset fans).

It blows my mind that whenever Hasbro says or does anything that bugs the fanns, the automatic assumption is that they're trying to screw with us. It's completely illogical. They have certain resources. They have commitments to make money. Why can't we assume that things didn't work out because either their resources were dedicated elsewhere or it won't make them money. And why can't we assume that people with business degrees who make a living working for a multi-million dollar company might have a better idea of how to make money than the rest of us?
Updated!

darth cujo

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 08, 2009, 04:14:48 PM »

It would seem to me you're both right to some degree. They probably don't want to ship to Canada, but it's not because they're trying to screw fans. It's just because it's just not worth the hassle and they believe it just doesn't make financial sense for some reason.

Having said that, I don't know why it would be that much more costly to them. Really all they have to do is fill out an extra form for customs and send it off as per usual. Sure that may cost a little extra time, but not that much. And it shouldn't have taken lawyers and x number of years to figure it out when many, many other american companies ship to Canada without ridiculous shipping fees. Just look at mattel and their motu classics shipping. It isn't that bad at all. In fact it's cheaper to ship MOTU figures from mattel than it would be to ship the same figures across Canada! The figures are expensive, but the shipping options are quite reasonable. No reason Hasbro can't employ similar shipping rates for Canadians. This is why people are bitter and start jumping to conclusions. There is precendent for companies not charging crazy shipping rates, so why wouldn't fans be annoyed.

Honestly, it seems that they have somehow deemed that they will only make a profit by charging ridiculous fees. If that's the case, they may as well have not bothered.

Kronz

• View Profile
« Reply #15 on: July 08, 2009, 04:23:44 PM »

My reaction is simply based on experiences with dozens of American companies that ship cheaply to Canada. I've never come across a company willing to ship to Canada that added a 25 dollar handling fee. If anything, the fees hit me at the door when the customs paperwork is filled out, and most of the time that is not the case. If it was a product that had a Canadian equivalent that it was in the best interest of Canada to restrict importation about, then I might understand. But it's not. It's toys. The real solution I think most of us were hoping for was a HTS outlet running in Quebec.

martin-montreal

• Snowbank Wannabe
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 08, 2009, 09:24:44 PM »

Quote from: "Kronz"
The real solution I think most of us were hoping for was a HTS outlet running in Quebec.

Since their head office is in Quebec, that would have make sense... Instead of paying shipping, I could have walk to pick-up my toys!  ;D

Martin

mswi

• phpBB Newbie
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 09, 2009, 11:57:46 PM »

thanks for the heads up, but that shipping is REDONKULUS!