JoeCanuck

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Red and white once again! We've restored the classic look of JoeCanuck.

Author Topic: G.I. Joe's Channing Tatum remoured to play Captain America  (Read 2149 times)

bandonov

• Black Ice Wannabe
    • View Profile

I found this on CNN, I could not resist since they have mentioned so many people to play this role:

(Entertainment Weekly) -- Marvel Studios' search continues for the perfect actor to don the red, white, and blue suit and spread American ideals in the big-screen adaptation of "Captain America."

Today's rumor mill throws "G.I. Joe's" Channing Tatum into a mix of 20-something-year-olds that include the known, Ryan Phillippe, "Fantastic Four's" Chris Evans; the semi-known, "Tron's" Garrett Hedlund (UPDATE: We're now hearing that Garrett is no longer in the running), "Cloverfield's" Mike Vogel, "Gossip Girl's" Sebastian Stan; and the unknown, "Young and the Restless's" Wilson Bethel.

The studio held lengthy screen tests last weekend for at least four of those actors (Hedlund has not yet screen-tested, though sources believe he is the studio's first choice), and Marvel is expected to have a decision soon.

In the meantime, we've got a few plot details to share.

Sources tell EW that "Captain America," which is set to begin filming in June for a release next summer, will be shot on location in London as the Joe Johnston-helmed movie will feature a stylized 1940's WWII backdrop. And while Cap won't be fighting Hitler as he did in the very first Captain America comic book, he will battle Red Skull, Hitler's right-hand man.

Probably the biggest challenge with Marvel's casting challenge is not the "Captain America" movie, but what comes next.

Marvel's plans include an "Avengers" film that will bow in summer 2012. And anyone familiar with Marvel lore knows that Captain America is a father figure to the rest of the Avengers. That means Marvel's casting choice for Cap must be someone who can go toe-to-toe with the likes of Robert Downey Jr's Iron Man, Samuel Jackson's Nick Fury, and Chris Hemsworth's Thor, to name a few. "They're casting two franchises here," said a source close to the production. "This is no easy feat."
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »
Lurking

pdaat

• phpBB Chacal Noir Wannabe
    • View Profile
Re: G.I. Joe's Channing Tatum remoured to play Captain America
« Reply #1 on: March 16, 2010, 11:50:24 PM »

Cap's my second favourite comic character of all time.

PLEASE not Tatum!  He was OK in ROC, but not who I'd think of seeing in Cap's red white and blue. 
Victorious warriors win first and then go to war, while defeated warriors go to war first and then seek to win.

Sundance

• Mudslinger Wannabe
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 17, 2010, 06:16:44 AM »

yeah, it's turning into Who Will Wield the Shield for real
Paratroopers don't die, they go to Hell and regroup.

bandonov

• Black Ice Wannabe
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 22, 2010, 09:04:23 PM »

Chris Evans Reportedly Offered 'Captain America' Lead
Marvel Studios has yet to confirm the 'Fantastic Four' star's casting.
Lurking

bandonov

• Black Ice Wannabe
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 23, 2010, 08:41:23 PM »

Looks like Chris Evans has been confirmed has Captain America.  I hope they do not wreck this comic as Hollywood has botched so many.
Lurking