JoeCanuck

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Red and white once again! We've restored the classic look of JoeCanuck.

Author Topic: Fable 3 and Black Friday?  (Read 3035 times)

morgardee

• Pimp Daddy Destro
  • SNAKE!
    • View Profile
Fable 3 and Black Friday?
« on: November 24, 2010, 03:27:40 PM »

Anyone going to the US for Black Friday? I'm looking for Fable 3 for my wife and I don't want to spend $70 on a game. $40 I'm cool with.

So, if anyone is getting in on Black Friday shopping and they find this game for around $40.00, I'm looking for it.

Thanks.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »
Night Force, the exact opposite of everything chrome.

dodge822

• phpBB Shiver Wannabe
    • View Profile
Re: Fable 3 and Black Friday?
« Reply #1 on: November 24, 2010, 04:40:42 PM »

Games tend to be about the same in Canada, and the US, actually with exchange could be a little more.
i picked up the limited collectores edition of fable 3 at walmart for $79, it comes with the game, code for some downloadable content, live membership, deck of fable playing cards and a guild seal, in a case that looks like a book. i find it to be worth the money.
General Hawk: Technically, G.I. Joe does not exist, but if it did, it\'d be comprised of the top men and women from the top military units in the world, the alpha dog\'s. When all else fails, we don\'t.

Redmao

• Back-Stop Wannabe
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 25, 2010, 11:56:27 AM »

There's a game sale at TRU ending today!
Say no to AFA.

morgardee

• Pimp Daddy Destro
  • SNAKE!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 25, 2010, 12:01:55 PM »

Quote from: "Redmao"
There's a game sale at TRU ending today!

Thanks. I'll take a look on line.

morgardee

• Pimp Daddy Destro
  • SNAKE!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 26, 2010, 08:36:15 AM »

Fable 3 is not listed but these are the sort of deals I'm looking for:

http://www.amazon.ca/gp/browse.html/ref ... 1267154011

morgardee

• Pimp Daddy Destro
  • SNAKE!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 29, 2010, 08:49:14 AM »

Found a deal better then Black friday for Fable 3.

Old Navy was giving away some silly dance game for the Xbox 360 on Saturday that requires the new hardware (forget what it's called now). You had to be there early to get it.

Well I buy my jeans from Old Navy and was waiting for the $20.00 sale to return. I went down at 8:00, bought 2 pairs of Jeans and a thermal shirt for $54.xx after taxes. They gave me the free dance game.

Looked up the dance game's value on line at Game Stop. Sells for $49.99.

So I went to Walmart and returned it. I told them "I was given this game. It requires this extra hardware I don't have and want to exchange it for store credit" All of that was 100% true, so I didn't lie.

They gave me $56.xx in store credit. Yep, I made $2.00 from all of this.

They I went and bought my wife Fable 3 and it cost me about $22.00 out of pocket.

Yep, Saturday was a good day for me.

Now no one tell my wife.  :shifty:

bandonov

• Black Ice Wannabe
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 29, 2010, 09:33:12 AM »

Nice move!
Lurking

Realboss

• phpBB Shiver Wannabe
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 29, 2010, 01:37:21 PM »

Sweeet! 
There can be only one.  One true GIJoe that is!

B

• phpBB Timbit Wannabe
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 29, 2010, 04:22:51 PM »

does walmart own old navy?  i ask this because I find it may affect my reply.

Although technically you didn't lie, the implication is that that this dance game was bought at Walmart by someone for you, and that your returning it for store credit.
 i think your taking an unfair advantage of Walmart return policy. To me it kind of has the same feel as someone buying a toy and replacing it with another unwanted toy and returning it for credit. I know its not the same thing but that's sort of how I see it. Of course this is what I think if the two stores and not connected in anyway.

If however they accept returns for each others stuff, then a tip of the hat to you good sir.

Just my two cents.
(I've tried hard to not to say this in a really negative way- it's just my opinion so please take it as such.)

grunt 4 mvp

• Back-Stop Wannabe
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 29, 2010, 04:58:58 PM »

Quote from: "B"
Although technically you didn't lie, the implication is that that this dance game was bought at Walmart by someone for you, and that your returning it for store credit.
 i think your taking an unfair advantage of Walmart return policy. To me it kind of has the same feel as someone buying a toy and replacing it with another unwanted toy and returning it for credit. I know its not the same thing but that's sort of how I see it. Of course this is what I think if the two stores and not connected in anyway.
If however they accept returns for each others stuff, then a tip of the hat to you good sir.
Just my two cents.
(I've tried hard to not to say this in a really negative way- it's just my opinion so please take it as such.)

I agree. Although you didn't lie, there is clearly a "lie-by-omission". Ethically, I'm a hypocrite though; since Walmart is a huge corporation with it's own faults I don't mind your plan at all. But it is taking advantage through deception. It's not socially "the right thing to do", but personally I think you made a clever play.
Glad your wife will be happy and you got some "free" clothes!
Just my 2 cents!
« Last Edit: November 29, 2010, 05:03:54 PM by grunt 4 mvp »
If you've got complete 90's figures FTS, PM me!

morgardee

• Pimp Daddy Destro
  • SNAKE!
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 29, 2010, 05:31:26 PM »

Never, ever put me in the same boat as a toy swapper. Those guys are flat out scum. The product that I returned as the exact same as what was on the floor, never opened. Xbox seal still intact. The value of what I returned was the same as compensated for. Toy swapper swap out product with something that is not original and someone will be cheated when they purchase it. In my case, if someone buys this game, they get the game, never opened.

Look at this way. You have a child and buy them a Wolverine figure from Zellers for Christmas. Grandma buys the exact same Wolverine for you child from Walmart. You have not given  you child Wolverine yet and don't want to ask Grandma for a receipt, so you use your receipt from Zellers and return Wolverine. Same figure, purchased from a different store. Better yet, Grandam lives in the US and bought Wolverine from Target and you return your to Walmart. Different stores, same result. Happens all the time.

The product is the same.

Toy swappers on the other hand are lying to the cashier when they return it. I was honest and asked directly if I knew where it came from I would have said "Old Navy, but they don't have Fable 3 there, and that's what I'm looking for."

More details on my story:

There was a sticker covering the UPC on the back. The girl had to remove the sticker in order to scan the correct code. I smiled and said "I'm just looking for store credit". Her response was "I have to see if it's in the system". I told her it would be as I visually checked there store stock before I came to her. She checked the inventory and saw that they do carry it. It is the only way she could assign a value to my return.

She said "We carry it." then she had to page the CSM (Customer Service Manager) to approve the return as it was over $50.00. So she came by, looked at it and punched in her code to approve the transaction.

I should also point out that if they said no I was willing to say "No harm in asking" and take it to Best buy across the street as I had already called them and they said they would take it as a used game (even though it was still wrapped) and give me $25.00 credit. So I had a plan B.

It's unused, it will sell out, and I invested an addition sum of money on top of the purchase.

I feel no guilt and I'm the kind of guy who can't lye to save his life.   ;D
« Last Edit: November 29, 2010, 05:42:03 PM by morgardee »

bandonov

• Black Ice Wannabe
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 29, 2010, 10:16:18 PM »

Don't worry Dave, I do not think you are a toy swapper!  ;D  Plus with Christmas upon us, we will have gifts we do not want that have no gift recipt that we are going to return.  All the stores are ready for this even though they ask you before you buy something if you need a gift recipt.  You did the right thing.
Lurking