JoeCanuck

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Red and white once again! We've restored the classic look of JoeCanuck.

Author Topic: GI Joe Wave 5, 6 and 7! Pics on GIJOECLUB.COM  (Read 14859 times)

bandonov

• Black Ice Wannabe
    • View Profile
GI Joe Wave 5, 6 and 7! Pics on GIJOECLUB.COM
« on: February 12, 2011, 04:52:11 PM »

if you go by the year then Wave 3,4 and 5 PICS are online!  As Oreo Builder said, you need to be a member to view the picks on GI JOECLUB.COM

WAVE 5
Blowtorch:

General Hawk:

Steel Brigade:

Cobra Commander:

Cobra Trooper:

Cobra Bat Jungle edition:
« Last Edit: February 12, 2011, 07:25:25 PM by bandonov »
Lurking

bandonov

• Black Ice Wannabe
    • View Profile
Re: GI Joe Wave 5, 6 and 7! Pics on GIJOECLUB.COM
« Reply #1 on: February 12, 2011, 04:55:26 PM »

WAVE 6

Crazy Legs:

Rock Viper:

Snake Eyes:

Croc Master:

Iron Grenaider:

Cobra Viper
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »
Lurking

bandonov

• Black Ice Wannabe
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 12, 2011, 04:57:38 PM »

WAVE 7

Techno Viper:

Hazard Viper:

The other 4 figures are TOP SECRET but will be from the Renegades cartoon!
Lurking

bandonov

• Black Ice Wannabe
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 12, 2011, 05:02:21 PM »

Vehicles
SKYSTRIKER
http://www.gijoeclub.com/club/poc11vehicles.cfm

Ace:

STARSCREAM SKYSTRIKER
http://www.gijoeclub.com/club/poc11vehicles2.cfm

Cobra Commander with Megatron

Yes they are crossing the Transformers line, it comes with a MEGATRON Gun for Cobra Commander!

BLACK DRAGON VTOL
http://www.gijoeclub.com/club/poc11vehicles3.cfm

VAMP Driver Steel Brigaide
« Last Edit: February 13, 2011, 02:25:11 PM by bandonov »
Lurking

bandonov

• Black Ice Wannabe
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 12, 2011, 05:06:22 PM »

Lurking

Sundance

• Mudslinger Wannabe
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 12, 2011, 05:07:47 PM »

that's a Black Dragon VTOL, according to the mouse-over caption
Paratroopers don't die, they go to Hell and regroup.

bandonov

• Black Ice Wannabe
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 12, 2011, 05:10:31 PM »

Quote from: "Sundance"
that's a Black Dragon VTOL, according to the mouse-over caption

Thanks, I noticed that after I tried everything I could to steal the pics to post here...  

EDIT: After I posted this, I forgot about screen prints... will try and post later.
« Last Edit: February 12, 2011, 07:37:11 PM by bandonov »
Lurking

canprime

• phpBB Blue SNAKE
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 12, 2011, 05:18:15 PM »

SKYSTRIKER!  SKYSTRIKER! SKYSTRIKER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

STARSCREAM VERSION!  STARSCREAM VERSION!!  STARSCREAM VERSION!!!!!!!!!!!!!

canprime

• phpBB Blue SNAKE
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 12, 2011, 05:26:27 PM »

OK, I've calmed down now.

First off, thank you Hasbro!!  Second, glad to hear they are doing something big for the 30th anniversary (not meaning a big playset BTW, just saying they seem to be going that extra step).

So, let's start with the vehicles.

1) I think we all know my feelings about the Skystriker.  Now the pain in the butt is going to be the SDCC exclusive (x2!!!!)

2) The black dragon VTOL looks OUTSTANDING!!!!!  It will be smaller than I would like based on the pic w/figure, but it is still a beautiful looking vehicle.  I wonder who the figure is supposed to be, and why a pic of the VAMP driver, but not the VAMP?

3) Crimson HISS and VAMP.  These were confirmed during the Hasbro panel.  I am going to assume a repaint of the new HISS and VAMP.  Will get a Crimson just because, but I didn't pick up the new VAMP, so I probably won't get the repaint unless it really moves me.

Now the figures:

FIRST!!!  THERE IS A PIC SHOWING A ZARANA FIGURE AND A BLACK REPAINT (apparently related to COLD SLITHER somehow).  The belief is that it will be a SDCC exclusive like SGT. SLAUGHTER (2 versions of a figure).

Now the figures:  I generally order cases through Hal, so I will most likely be getting all these figures just because of that, but some will probably find a quick exit through trades/sales.

Blowtorch:  Ugh, a simple re-release with a few minor paint changes and some extra accessories.

General Hawk:  As someone else said, this should have been a troop builder modern Greenshirt.  Nothing about the figure scream General Hawk.  If it had been a Greenshirt then I would be more impressed.  I probably will just use him as a modern Greenshirt.

Steel Brigade:  What happend?  They could have easily done this figure with a more ARAH accurate look.  They already have all the body parts so why not reuse the Airborne mold and go from there?  Still an ok figure, but another disappointment like Hawk and Blowtorch.

CC:  Really Hasbro?  I mean really?  C'mon, this is by far the worst of this wave.  Another CC we don't need, with nothing to really distinguish him from most earlier versions.  He'll be out the door quick from my case.  The only thing I like about this figure is the colour.  I like the near purple blue they used.

Jungle Bat:  I didn't like the prototype that was on Ebay, but this one looks a bit better.  I actually have warmed up to it now and will be happy to get it.  I like the green head, but don't know why the battle damaged one is black?  The camo reminds me of Stalker, a good thing, and there is never a bad use of a BFG!!

Cobra Trooper:  Ok, we have had a lot of great versions of this character since the 25th line started, but I have to say this one looks incredible!!!  The paint probably won't be as nice on the final product, but this figure looks great and as close to perfect for an update of thise figure.

Crazy Legs:  Outside of the helmet, this figure looks as close to the original as possible with an update.  Great use of parts and a great looking figure for a character I wasn't that enamored with as a kid.

Rock Viper:  As someone else said, a solid figure, but not sure what Hasbro was trying for here.  Doesn't scream COBRA to me just by looking at it, and could just as easily be a Joe.  Not a bad overall figure from the looks of it, but not a "hit" by Hasbro.

SE:  Ok, much like CC.  Why Hasbro?  Just to get another SE in a wave?  Really, just reusing an earlier SS for the most part and painting him black?  Just no for this figure.

Croc Master:  AGAIN?  The same figure, but in yellow, with a few more accessories?  Really?  Ugh.

Iron Grenedier:  FINALLY!!!!  This bad boy is the start of a trend I would like to see with MARS troops.  Not only is Destro sporting the Bad Motha....Shut yo mouth!!! armour but so are his troops.  I love the idea of a weapons manufacturer sporting bulky type armour and armament.  Also, once again points added on for a BFG!!!

VIPER:  Not a bad version of the figure, but nothing screaming at me to really want to get it again.  I will, but it is sort of ho-hum to me.  Although the Resolute Firefly missile laucncher is awesome!!

Hazard Viper:  Well I guess this repaint isn't going to be Blowtorch.  The figure is a bit....orange.  However it is a good reuse of the mold and a very nice adaptation of the outfit for other use.  I like it.

Techno Viper:  Who cares?  KIDDING!!!!  What a great and faithful update.  Everything looks great about this figure and he won't be long on the shelves!!!  Just please, please, please Hasbro.  Do like you did with wave 3 and 4 and make him at least 3 per case!!!

Once again I also want to give props to Hasbro for the truly great amount of accessories you are throwing are way with each figure.  It is much appreciated and loved!!!
« Last Edit: February 12, 2011, 06:05:46 PM by canprime »

NeoDragonKnight

• phpBB Timbit Wannabe
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 12, 2011, 07:21:13 PM »

Man just when I thought Id be winding down with my Joe collecting I see all this win.  The only figure I'm a little disapointed in (that isnt a repaint) is the Rock Viper, he NEEDS his classic helmet.  But man I will be spending a lot of money... And that SDCC Skystriker/Starscream CC/Megatron is sooooooo wicked, Im glad Im going to SDCC this year!
\"And I don\'t want the world to see me, cuz I don\'t think that they\'d understand... When everything\'s made to be broken, I just want you to know who I am...\"

bandonov

• Black Ice Wannabe
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 12, 2011, 07:40:28 PM »

Posted the Pics of the vehicles for the people with out GI JOECLUB.COM memberships.
Lurking

NeoDragonKnight

• phpBB Timbit Wannabe
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 12, 2011, 08:18:29 PM »

thanks timbit for you!
\"And I don\'t want the world to see me, cuz I don\'t think that they\'d understand... When everything\'s made to be broken, I just want you to know who I am...\"