JoeCanuck

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Red and white once again! We've restored the classic look of JoeCanuck.

Author Topic: Well my patience paid off!!  (Read 3222 times)

canprime

• phpBB Blue SNAKE
    • View Profile
Well my patience paid off!!
« on: May 01, 2012, 01:40:38 PM »

So here is the story.  I love the Sideshow Joes.  I think they are great and I don't collect 12 inch.  However these are really great and I am willing to buy them, but my self imposed limit is $100 for most.  Some of the extremely rare ones I can't stick to that price obviously.  Anyway, I just started last summer with Duke who I bought MISB for $100 at Fan Expo.  Since then, nothing!!!  I have seen a bunch go on Ebay for under $100, but with shipping and taxes it is always $120+. 

So finally today my patience paid off.  I just bought a Viper from Superpower Collectibles during their 35% off sale and with shipping and taxes it came out to $101.90!!!  Sweet!!! 

I'm struggling though, Zartan is really calling out to me, but I must be strong!!!!

Realboss

• phpBB Shiver Wannabe
    • View Profile
Re: Well my patience paid off!!
« Reply #1 on: May 01, 2012, 04:19:14 PM »

It's tough to pass up sideshow figures at that price! 
There can be only one.  One true GIJoe that is!

bandonov

• Black Ice Wannabe
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 01, 2012, 09:09:09 PM »

Good things come to those who wait!  Congrats!
Lurking

darth cujo

• phpBB Frostback Trooper
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 01, 2012, 09:37:20 PM »

That is a very good price. They also have Rock'n'Roll in stock. Too bad they don't have more in stock, but that's great if you're looking for those two.

canprime

• phpBB Blue SNAKE
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 01, 2012, 09:39:44 PM »

That is a very good price. They also have Rock'n'Roll in stock. Too bad they don't have more in stock, but that's great if you're looking for those two.

I considered him as well, especially since shipping would have been free then, but I couldn't justify nearly $200 right now.

BHMike

• Administrator
  • Pimp Daddy Destro
    • View Profile
    • http://www.bountyhuntertoys.com
« Reply #5 on: May 01, 2012, 11:21:17 PM »

I found about 20 things I wanted from that site... Everything except two were sold out. Hot Toys Superman wasn't "available".. And at 35% off, I seriously would of bought two!... Plenty of pre-order items however......

darth cujo

• phpBB Frostback Trooper
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 02, 2012, 10:06:47 PM »

I found about 20 things I wanted from that site... Everything except two were sold out.
No kidding, the site is such a big tease with that sale. The Viper is now out of stock, but RnR is still there for those interested.

canprime

• phpBB Blue SNAKE
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 03, 2012, 11:48:22 AM »

Yeah I mentioned that it would probably be a good idea to update the site and remove items that are sold out.

That is something most online retailers should do regularly.  BBTS is terrible at that, but granted they do set it up that sold out items only show up last on the list so you won't see it unless you go to the last couple of pages on any search. 

Emags

• phpBB Joe Canuck Trooper
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 15, 2012, 12:24:03 PM »

Great price, congrats.  Nice when that works out.  I think, we as collectors, generally tend to overpay b/c you have to have a limited item.  At least I do, sometimes.  So this is a win for you.