JoeCanuck

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Red and white once again! We've restored the classic look of JoeCanuck.

Author Topic: GIJCC 2012 Membership Figures  (Read 7430 times)

bandonov

• Black Ice Wannabe
    • View Profile
GIJCC 2012 Membership Figures
« on: September 01, 2011, 03:10:00 PM »

G.I. JOE COLLECTORS' CLUB
2012 FREE MEMBERSHIP FIGURE:
FOOTLOOSE (3 3/4-Inch Action Figure)

Here is FOOTLOOSE - the G.I. Joe Collectors' Club FREE Membership Incentive Figure for 2012! This FREE figure will be sent to any 3 3/4-inch Officer level G.I. Joe Club member whose membership is active by March 16, 2012. Footloose features a stand, classic file card and accessories, including: Infantry assault rifle, rocket launcher, knife, pistol, flashlight and backpack. Members can expect to receive this figure with all his accessories in late spring/early summer of 2012.

G.I. JOE COLLECTORS' CLUB
2012 FREE MEMBERSHIP FIGURE:
MAN OF EVIL (12-Inch Action Figure)

In the early years of the Adventure Team, one of their most valued members was lost during a dangerous mission. It was presumed he would never been seen again. But now, from out of the past, he has returned! Or has he?

Here is the MAN OF EVIL - the G.I. Joe Collectors' Club FREE Membership Incentive Figure for 2012! This figure will be sent to any 12-inch Officer level G.I. Joe Club member whose membership is active by March 16, 2012. The “Man of Evil” will come dressed in black shorts and black tank top bearing the mysterious insignia, last seen on the G.I.JoeCon Exclusive Henchman figure from 2010. He has white/gray flocked hair on a Foreign style head and Kung Fu Grip hands! He also features a nasty scar and an injured eye in the tradition of the great villain from pop culture. Members can expect to receive this figure in late spring/early summer for 2012.

I could not grab the pics so you will have to go the GIJCC site to view them.
http://www.gijoeclub.com/clubexclusives12.cfm
« Last Edit: September 01, 2011, 03:27:46 PM by bandonov »
Lurking

NeoDragonKnight

• phpBB Timbit Wannabe
    • View Profile
Re: GIJCC 2012 Membership Figures
« Reply #1 on: September 01, 2011, 03:13:41 PM »

Interesting, I guess he will take the Helm and head of Claymore?

edit: whoops didnt see the link, yup they are reusing the Claymore head and helm, which is fine.
« Last Edit: September 01, 2011, 03:21:07 PM by NeoDragonKnight »
\"And I don\'t want the world to see me, cuz I don\'t think that they\'d understand... When everything\'s made to be broken, I just want you to know who I am...\"

morgardee

• Pimp Daddy Destro
  • SNAKE!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 01, 2011, 04:29:12 PM »

Dang! I want them both!
Night Force, the exact opposite of everything chrome.

BHMike

• Administrator
  • Pimp Daddy Destro
    • View Profile
    • http://www.bountyhuntertoys.com
« Reply #3 on: September 01, 2011, 05:39:01 PM »

pdaat

• phpBB Chacal Noir Wannabe
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 02, 2011, 09:55:11 AM »

Looks like 2 years in a row for me now!
Victorious warriors win first and then go to war, while defeated warriors go to war first and then seek to win.

morgardee

• Pimp Daddy Destro
  • SNAKE!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 02, 2011, 12:14:54 PM »

The reason the 12 inch action figure is uber cool is because up until 2010 there was never a true villain made for the Adventure Team. In 2010, at the MC convention they had a 12 inch Villain trooper. Ed picked him up for me and I totally love it.

I was disappointed when I was in Florida this year and the 12 inch figure was the space jumper dude and had nothing to do with this cool new villain team they started (still bought him).

Now it looks like they have gone back to that villain theme.

I totally excited over this.

Pete The Greek

• Administrator
  • Mudslinger Wannabe
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 08, 2011, 08:55:55 AM »

Footloose is a must have to fill out my 25th collection of 1985 re-done figures.

As for the 12" figure, meh.  Looks like Bea Arthur.   

And who said that the 3 3/4 collectors don't subsidize the 12" figures? 
Go Leafs Go - just end '67

morgardee

• Pimp Daddy Destro
  • SNAKE!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 08, 2011, 02:25:28 PM »

Footloose is a must have to fill out my 25th collection of 1985 re-done figures.

As for the 12" figure, meh.  Looks like Bea Arthur.   

And who said that the 3 3/4 collectors don't subsidize the 12" figures?

I meet up with some local Transformer from Cybertron.ca about a month ago fans and they said the same thing. They think The MC club just does Transformers to keep the 12' line alive.

I wouldn't doubt it but something changed my views about the MC club when I was in Florida this year. Any negative pre-conception didn't fit the vibe I was given. Everyone was very nice and they seemed to cater more to the 3 3/4 fan.

I do know that last years 12 inch set was part one of two and 2012 is (obviously) part two of the set. They are also tying the 2012 freebie 12 inch figure in with the Henchman from 2010. It's nice to see them have a solid play and be able to plan a few years ahead.

Now would it be total anarchy if they tied two years of 3 3/4 figure sets together? Personally I think so. It would probably be a really cool idea but I imagine they would get a lot of heat from the ARAH fan base.

Sundance

• Mudslinger Wannabe
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 08, 2011, 03:11:38 PM »

they did that with the '09 and '10 sets: Action Force. Blades and his Hawk, then Gaucho, Jammer, Dolphin and the Black Major and Shads.
Paratroopers don't die, they go to Hell and regroup.

ARROW

• phpBB HATE Mechanic
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 08, 2011, 03:45:17 PM »

The Club gets a lot of bad press from people that, frankly, don't know much about what the Club does or how they do it.
Yes, its now the livelihoods of several people, and yes they get paid to do this stuff, but it doesn't change the very basic concept of the club being a communal effort.
 It takes time , effort and capital to assemble the various newsletters and other items and activities together, and its a full-time job.
Some of the Club folks I know from many interactions on-line--they are collectors too. Most of the material in the Club newsletters comes from the staff, because getting RELIABLE contributions from members is so sketchy. The newsletters get heaped with criticism because people believe they are boring and a waste of time and money. A LOT of people dismiss the Club and refrain from joining because of this......and yet no-one of them consider that is the membership sharing the hobby that makes the newsletters. That has been the core of the club from day one, and yet its "someone else's job".

Geez. Adding to it is the ( often completely misplaced_ perception that the club is a major cash gouge because they are just trying to "make money". Well, yeah, its a business now, its been like that for well over a decade. Its not just a newsletter any more, the club is fielding its own products which cost a considerable amount to develop.
Now, I said those very words to someone on another forum a couple of years ago and they scoffed right back saying " what's to DEVELOP?? They just re-use what Hasbro gives them!!"
If it was only that easy.
The licensing permissions, arrangements with factories overseas, clarification and establishment of what parts to use, numbers of parts to be cast, manufacturing, trouble-shooting....the list of checkpoints to manage is very long. Classic example: the Tanks for the Memories Mauler, that the Club discovered had a cracked unsalvageable mold. They could pay for the mold to be restored, but I understand they already had parts cast for that vehicle--parts that were then unusable. Who ate the bill for that?
Yeah, the Club did, from what I understand.
If only it was so easy.
When we see something like a con set, or these membership figures coming out, its the end of a very long expensive, often-frustrating chain.

I'm not an apologist either, I'm a non-paying member of the Club, at this time--but I support the idea of the Club when and where I can. Yes, its a chunk of change for a Canadian or International membership, and I've long wrestled with the cost myself.
Want to know a little secret??
The Club DOES extend  perks to those folks that do contribute, be they members or not. Write a series of articles, or do some illustrations that add up to the cost of membership and I'm sure they would gladly barter a membership in lieu of payment for the stuff. And you know what? A dozen or two dozen people doing that would provide the club with enough fresh material for a couple of years, easy. None of those slamming the Club consider that--which is a shame.

Personally, I think they have been hitting these ideas out of the park over the past couple of years, with very inventive and savvy ideas in BOTH scales, AND I think their best ideas are still yet to come!

Pete The Greek

• Administrator
  • Mudslinger Wannabe
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 08, 2011, 07:48:51 PM »

I meet up with some local Transformer from Cybertron.ca about a month ago fans and they said the same thing. They think The MC club just does Transformers to keep the 12' line alive.

Can you blame them.  There is no way a 12" membership figure would cost the same to make as a 3 3/4 membership figure.  The difference in the cost has to be off set by other non 12" members. 

Go Leafs Go - just end '67

morgardee

• Pimp Daddy Destro
  • SNAKE!
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 28, 2012, 09:06:27 AM »

There is a 360 view of Footloose on youtube:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uCqfLIu3RQ0