JoeCanuck

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Red and white once again! We've restored the classic look of JoeCanuck.

Author Topic: New 7 Packs!!!!  (Read 9814 times)

morgardee

• Pimp Daddy Destro
  • SNAKE!
    • View Profile
Re: New 7 Packs!!!!
« Reply #12 on: October 13, 2011, 10:58:38 AM »

I just wish they could have included a Sgt. Slaughter in the set for those of us that never got the SDCC Slaughter figures. I got the wrestling version of him, MOC and that's it. I need one I can open.
Night Force, the exact opposite of everything chrome.

NeoDragonKnight

• phpBB Timbit Wannabe
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 13, 2011, 12:09:03 PM »

Very psyched about the noks pack, and half psyched by the other set, I want the Renegades but not the mauraders.
\"And I don\'t want the world to see me, cuz I don\'t think that they\'d understand... When everything\'s made to be broken, I just want you to know who I am...\"

latinjoe22

• Global Moderator
  • Mudslinger Wannabe
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 13, 2011, 12:47:29 PM »

Finally...something that I find worth spending on. Can't wait to get these.
Toynewsi has some better pics.

Certainly not my first choice of characters for 7 packs. Most of these are from the era of joe when it really started going downhill for me, so not really a priority. I would have liked more early joes to fill in some more holes (cover girl for eg.) but being 7 packs I can see why they wanted to go with theme/team oriented sets. Never been a fan of the dreadnoks, but a few look good. Zandar looks really good. Zanya actually looks really good, even though she is a modern character. I really wish she was the SDCC exlusive and Zarana was in this pack. It still irks me to no end that Zarana was the SDCC exclusive. The Joe set is really weak though. Just goofy coloured repaints and characters I have no interest in. I'll likely want to pick up the dreadnoks, not sure about the other pack unless it's reasonable to get them in a package deal. Being a BBTS exclusive, perhaps it may be worth going in together with someone local to get these... Unless a Canadian online retailer can carry these too? At a reasonable price of course.

These are afterall great theme 7-packs. I'm very happy overall with the choice of characters with perhaps a one thing or two that I can live with. For one: new and old Dreadnok product will always be in good demand (as long as they don't keep doing them pink LOL). I personnally am not going wow about the innovated look of Zanzibar (will he have a chestplate I wonder) or with Barbecue (wich is a nice sculpt but I've seen it enough), but they're okay. Lt. Falcon was never originally offered as a Marauder but if you think about it, it would've made perfect sense since he spent a great deal at the Slaughterhouse beein rehabilitated for misconduct in the Gi joe Sunbow movie (he was later admitted into a rehab center by the Joes because of his drug addiction in an episode of the DIC series....but that's another story!)

As for the Marauders, I think this was the only and most obvious way to finally please the Sunbow movie fans. We got Nemesis Enforcer, Big Lob before, and now we're getting the three Renegades. This is already mission accomplished enough for me and a proof that Hasbro is willing to take a shot at rendering them in plastic. Judging from the pics, the Marauders' painscheme looks way better than on their ARAH counterparts. That's a big improvement. If they're as nicely done as on the Prototypes, I'll bet that everyone who will buy the Marauder pack will be very just as pleased with them.

Hasbro has been recycling lots of figure parts/ figures in the past 7pack offerings, so I don't see why the Marauder pack can get any weaker. A Tiger Force or Night Force subteam would've accomplished just the same in terms of not getting any new characters (aside of TF Skystriker maybe), except for the fact that they are subteams that most fans prefer already to the Marauders. If not for the Marauders, I don't see how Renegades would've come to happen any other way for Hasbro. Collectors will buy this pack regardless if it's Meh....This I say.

This is probably ultimately a test to see if we'll remain true to our cries and frustrations. So I'm reaching out to all those who wished for more Sunbow movie related merchandise (I know I did): Don't screw this up. This... I command LOL!
2 + 2 = 22

Jon S.

• Administrator
  • phpBB Shiver Wannabe
    • View Profile
    • http://individual.utoronto.ca/gijoecanada
« Reply #15 on: October 13, 2011, 12:53:37 PM »

I think a 7-pack of Tiger Force or Night Force would be better received than a seeing those sub-teams covered in a split-pack.

We'd rather have 4 Marauders and 7 TF/NF rather than 4 TF/NF and 7 Marauders, right? :)

latinjoe22

• Global Moderator
  • Mudslinger Wannabe
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 13, 2011, 01:08:30 PM »

I think a 7-pack of Tiger Force or Night Force would be better received than a seeing those sub-teams covered in a split-pack.

We'd rather have 4 Marauders and 7 TF/NF rather than 4 TF/NF and 7 Marauders, right? :)

I agree with you because I'm a big Tiger Force fan, and I know that they are just as many who love Night Force including myself.

I'd add that Renegades and Marauders are both under Sgt. Slaughter's command, which makes this split pack, as one would say, a natural assortment.
« Last Edit: October 13, 2011, 01:10:47 PM by latinjoe22 »
2 + 2 = 22

morgardee

• Pimp Daddy Destro
  • SNAKE!
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 13, 2011, 02:22:05 PM »

I'm willing to be Master Collector group has already called bids on a Night Force set for 2012. I'm surprised BBTS was able to land this deal. The must have bought a boat load.

crazylegs

• phpBB Dead Eye Mechanic
    • View Profile
    • Portfolio of Illustration & Design
« Reply #18 on: October 13, 2011, 02:52:30 PM »

I have all them but the vintage originals...thanks! ehehehe
"YO JOESKI!" - Horrorshow

Collection:
http://s1075.photobucket.com/albums/w430/Crazzylegs/GI%20JOE%20Collection/

Want List:
http:/

bandonov

• Black Ice Wannabe
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: October 13, 2011, 02:55:54 PM »

Did anyone buy the sets yet?  $90 for the set or $50 each, that is a lot of money.  I joined forces with another Canucklehead to save on shipping at least.
Lurking

morgardee

• Pimp Daddy Destro
  • SNAKE!
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: October 13, 2011, 03:39:54 PM »

I have all them but the vintage originals...thanks! ehehehe

Correct me if I'm wrong but this is the first Zanya figure we've had to date.

Pete The Greek

• Administrator
  • Mudslinger Wannabe
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: October 13, 2011, 07:18:40 PM »

They are up for presale.  Here is the email I got.

Hi - We are very proud to announce our latest Hasbro GI Joe Exclusive!

These 7-Packs include never before released figures as well as exclusive
repaints of popular previous figures.

The Slaughter's Marauders 7-Pack is available here at $49.99:
http://www.bigbadtoystore.com/bbts/product.aspx?product=HAS20933&mode=retail

The Dreadnoks 7-Pack is available here at $49.99:
http://www.bigbadtoystore.com/bbts/product.aspx?product=HAS20932&mode=retail

Buy both sets and save $10 - preorder here at $89.99:
http://www.bigbadtoystore.com/bbts/product.aspx?product=HAS20931&mode=retail

We also have a bundle that includes Dreadnoks, Marauders, and both of the
GI Joe Resolute 7-Packs. 28 total figures for $124.99
http://www.bigbadtoystore.com/bbts/product.aspx?product=HAS20934&mode=retail

Enjoy the new exclusive and watch for more new Hasbro product to be listed
soon!

Thanks!

Joel & The BBTS Crew
www.bigbadtoystore.com
Go Leafs Go - just end '67

Pete The Greek

• Administrator
  • Mudslinger Wannabe
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: October 13, 2011, 07:22:06 PM »

Did anyone buy the sets yet?  $90 for the set or $50 each, that is a lot of money.  I joined forces with another Canucklehead to save on shipping at least.

I pre-ordered the one with the GI Joe Resolute 7-Packs as I have passed on them multiple times.   $4.46 per figure (minus shipping and duty) sounds reasonable. 

Even at $50 a set ($7.14 per figure), that is far better than what the GIJCC may have charged for something like this. 
« Last Edit: October 13, 2011, 07:25:40 PM by Pete The Greek »
Go Leafs Go - just end '67

olyeller01

• phpBB Newsletter Staff
  • phpBB HATE Mechanic
  • Paint-Viper
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: October 13, 2011, 09:29:48 PM »

For the first time in the history of the universe, I preordered these packs immediately.  Normally I play the waiting game to see some really detailed pics or to see which retailer will get them first...but being a BBTS exclusive eliminates the 2nd problem for me and I've already seen enough to know I really want these sets! 

And $7.14 a fig after shipping is still cheaper than the $7.56 (tax incl) a fig from Wal-Mart costs me!  And these are some characters I really want, not just something I'm buying just bc it's new Joe like I've been doing lately!   ;D
OlYeller01
Paint/Mustang Man
Reviewer at Large!