JoeCanuck

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Red and white once again! We've restored the classic look of JoeCanuck.

Author Topic: Kickstarter.com loves GI Joes...  (Read 12140 times)

Sundance

• Mudslinger Wannabe
    • View Profile
Re: Kickstarter.com loves GI Joes...
« Reply #12 on: December 11, 2012, 02:08:35 AM »

i would like one of the Shooter figures and one of the Amber. Are they still $10 too?
Paratroopers don't die, they go to Hell and regroup.

Falcone

• phpBB Rookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 11, 2012, 02:20:00 AM »

i would like one of the Shooter figures and one of the Amber. Are they still $10 too?

Yes, those figures will be $10 each once they are released.

Sundance

• Mudslinger Wannabe
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: December 11, 2012, 11:56:47 AM »

btw, what accessories are the figures going to have? if any.

Falcone

• phpBB Rookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: December 23, 2012, 02:48:39 PM »

The repaint project is 2/3 funded with 24 hours to go.  I've added Shooter as one of the contribution rewards.  So if you would like to "preorder" Shooter, Amber, or Joe Trooper you can do so with a $10 contribution to the Kickstarter.  Also, there is no limit on how many figures or how many of each figure you can choose as rewards.

btw, what accessories are the figures going to have? if any.
The figure will come with a rifle, but it is just a throw away pack-in.

martin-montreal

• Snowbank Wannabe
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: December 24, 2012, 08:30:10 PM »

I will have Shooter, Joe Trooper, Amber, Scarlett and Quarrel... Woohoo!

Now, my only hope is... quality!!!

Sundance

• Mudslinger Wannabe
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: December 25, 2012, 01:48:01 AM »

I'm waiting for pix of the finished figures, but may go for Shooter and a Joe Trooper, I think.

Falcone

• phpBB Rookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: December 25, 2012, 09:21:27 PM »

First off, Merry Christmas, Happy Holidays, or Happy *insert your beliefs here*!

A big thanks to all those who contributed to make these repaints happen.  And thank you to those who wanted to contribute but could not for various reasons.  This has been a huge boost to the project overall.  When building all new tooling for a figure it is vital to get the most use out of that tooling.  Because I can now produce additional repaints there is a much greater chance of the project making it's money back which means more new figures in the future.  And that is my goal, to continue to provide new O-ring figures to fill all the empty holes Hasbro had left in people's collections when they stopped producing O-rings.  By helping this project you have in term helped yourselves and helped the community as a whole.

All contributors should have received a survey from Kickstarter.  I guess you cannot choose multiple choices in the survey so please note which figures and how many in the multiples section.

For those who were late or unable to contribute.  And those who may want more than what you "preordered".  All 8 of these figures will be available in ample supply once production has completed.

News on the production front.  Full mass production is set to begin this week.  Below are test shots of the finalized tooling.  We were unable to fix the waist (I hope to do so at a later time and provide them for free to those who purchased), however the swivel arms have been completed and the figure has swivel wrists as well.  There still has been some question, yes the figures will be fully painted in factory.

Falcone

• phpBB Rookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: December 25, 2012, 09:22:16 PM »

I will have Shooter, Joe Trooper, Amber, Scarlett and Quarrel... Woohoo!

Now, my only hope is... quality!!!

Quality should be on par with newer figures released by the Black Major, if you've ever handled them or know of people who have.

Falcone

• phpBB Rookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: January 08, 2013, 12:28:01 AM »

This isn't really an update.  The manufacturer sent me some pictures of hand painted samples of each figure.  They are completely hand painted.  They are testing out colors for the painted parts.  The final production parts will of course be molded in the base colors and the painted parts will be applied with paint masks.  The colors are not final and some of them will be corrected like Trooper's shirt color.  I thought I would share the first examples of the figures colored.

Sundance

• Mudslinger Wannabe
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: January 08, 2013, 02:09:51 AM »

will we have to swap out the heads ourselves if we want to use the helmeted head?

Falcone

• phpBB Rookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: January 08, 2013, 03:30:19 AM »

Yes, they will need to be swapped out, but the figure is a simple back screw design.

Sundance

• Mudslinger Wannabe
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: January 08, 2013, 09:16:46 AM »

i noticed on the Yo Joe thread, you mentioned that there were other figures you wanted to produce, any chance of knowing who or is that unwraps?