JoeCanuck

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Red and white once again! We've restored the classic look of JoeCanuck.

Author Topic: Joeparts.com sucks  (Read 5886 times)

Propergrounds

• phpBB Hailstorm Pilot
    • View Profile
Joeparts.com sucks
« on: December 29, 2012, 07:22:07 PM »

the first time I ordered... I should have learned my lesson.
It took over a month and a half before my order even was shipped!
all kinds of problems.
 So I ordered again, my mistake. And it came faster, but the order was incomplete... with no response to any of my emails.
I dont know if this guy is an idiot or what, but clearly the customer service sucks!
Just lost a customer.
Anyone else had any problems?

ARROW

• phpBB HATE Mechanic
    • View Profile
Re: Joeparts.com sucks
« Reply #1 on: December 30, 2012, 12:25:42 AM »

I had placed an order with Joeparts last year, and got a notice that the order had shipped after a couple of days, so I figured it'd arrive in a couple of weeks.
6 weeks later it arrived at my door, and the mail depot stamp showed it had been put in the mail just the week prior. It had sat "somewhere" for about a month before actually going into the mail system. That did not impress me too much.
My routine is to place a small order to try a place out.......see how they treat a small order before placing a big one. Its not much to ask for the same level of service for a $ 25 purchase as if I'd spent $250 or $2500. Its not just the dealer getting some stuff out the door, but building a customer patronage that will return to them again and again. There's a few dealers around that don't seem that interested in doing things that way.
I know with cottage businesses, things can interfere with mail-outs. I know that life intervenes and crap happens.
Tough beans, I say.
My patronage and business relationship are simply to order and receive the goods in a timely manner, not to invest in the dealers emotional roller-coaster of life. If they have goods for sale that I want, make it easy for me to access them and I'll pay them my money--and if they keep doing it right I'll keep sending them more money so that they end up with a LOT of it.
But if they make things hard......I'll spend my money elsewhere, without hesitation...... and to be candid, it doesn't take many "hard" things to do that.

Now, as a counterpoint: I placed an order with a retailer on Dec 18th. I figured I'd not see the order until the end of the first week of January.
I got it two days ago. That is NINE days mail-travel time and over the Christmas holidays, from a US on-line toy retailer--during the crazy period of the busiest mailing period of the year. The retailer has a rep for speedy shipping, and this was  just regular air mail postage.  I don't know how they do it, but they do it consistently...and they obviously care a great deal.
Well, guess who is going to get more of my patronage?

Propergrounds

• phpBB Hailstorm Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 30, 2012, 09:54:23 AM »

exactly! well said...

Pete The Greek

• Administrator
  • Mudslinger Wannabe
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 03, 2013, 08:51:05 PM »

Ordered some figure accessories a few years ago.  The packaged never arrived.  The owner never responded to my emails. 

That equals to never getting my business ever again. 
Go Leafs Go - just end '67

dodge822

• phpBB Shiver Wannabe
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 06, 2013, 12:10:36 PM »

well, i'm glad i looked at this post, because i was going to order the jump jetpack off them, but not now.

Thanks for posting
General Hawk: Technically, G.I. Joe does not exist, but if it did, it\'d be comprised of the top men and women from the top military units in the world, the alpha dog\'s. When all else fails, we don\'t.

Zenith27

• phpBB Frostback Trooper
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 23, 2013, 08:16:06 PM »

Ordered a couple of figures from them a couple months ago. Didn't have any problems.