JoeCanuck

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Red and white once again! We've restored the classic look of JoeCanuck.

Author Topic: C'mon guys, no one wants to talk Toyfair?  (Read 7865 times)

canprime

• phpBB Blue SNAKE
    • View Profile
C'mon guys, no one wants to talk Toyfair?
« on: February 10, 2013, 09:32:47 AM »

I know it is that time of year where there is a lull, but no one has posted about Toyfair yet?

Well, look up the pics wherever, but here are my current thoughts:

1) Tomahawk!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  Looks incredible, nice little updates without losing the original vehicle.  $40?  Yes please, plus there should be a drop in price later on anyway.  I am not feeling that Lift Ticket just yet, but need to see a better photo.

2) DATA VIPER and KWINN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  Sweet, thank you Hasbro for getting those out there.  I wll pick up a Kwinn, and at least 3 Data Vipers.  Liking the new muted colours on the DV as well.  Love the drone too.

3) Ultimate SE, SS are mine!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  Great looking representations and they look to have a lot of articulation and stability (hopefully).  Love the CLAW backpack and Fang backpack.  Nice ways of giving us nods to other vehicles while throwing in a cool accessory.  Ultimate Duke and Flint I'm not really digging as "Ultimate" versions, but they look like great figures with great accessories.   Ultimate Firefly.....definitely a great figure, but I would have preferred sticking to the camo pattern of the original.  I'll definitely get him, but until I see him in hand, I am sticking with the 25th version.

4) Kre-O.....I just got into some of these with Transformers, and I am digging them so I will definitely give them a shot with GI Joe. 

5) Micro Force, or whatever.  Just seems like more of the same mini figs that I wasn't interested in before and won't be again.

6) Love the amount of Retaliation figures coming now.  Great choice and molds.  Wish there were more vehicles to choose from though.

Overall great look and lots to hope for coming up.  Only other things I wish for??  A hint at this year's SDCC exclusive and another large scale vehicle/playset.  (Yes I know that I am being greedy).

Sundance

• Mudslinger Wannabe
    • View Profile
Re: C'mon guys, no one wants to talk Toyfair?
« Reply #1 on: February 10, 2013, 09:42:40 AM »

i got $10 says the club use the Eaglehawk as an exclusive in 2014 or 2015. any takers?
Paratroopers don't die, they go to Hell and regroup.

Scramble

• phpBB Global Moderator
  • Mudslinger Wannabe
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 10, 2013, 11:32:35 AM »

I've been debating putting $100 down on a vintage Tomahawk for a few years now. That new Tomahawk looks amazing. Guess I just saved $50.
Updated!

Gerjurdking

• phpBB Joe Canuck Trooper
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 10, 2013, 12:10:03 PM »

I just hope we see the Tomahawk released here (and Kreo for that matter). The Tomahawk's packaging is not bi/trilingual and it does have United States decals. Additionally, I paid something like $110 to preorder and ship 2 Sky Strikers so I won't be going that route again.

grunt 4 mvp

• Back-Stop Wannabe
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 10, 2013, 03:41:47 PM »

I ws shocked I didn't see these forums blowing up with Toma-talk (I'm trademarking that!).
It appeals to new sculpt and vintage fans.  Wonder if the blades have been improved or if they will be usable on the old ones....?    ???
If you've got complete 90's figures FTS, PM me!

martin-montreal

• Snowbank Wannabe
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 10, 2013, 05:45:01 PM »

martin-montreal

• Snowbank Wannabe
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 10, 2013, 06:03:03 PM »

Some Star Wars figs look really good:

Not sure what size it is...

dodge822

• phpBB Shiver Wannabe
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 10, 2013, 06:06:29 PM »

The pictures I have seen of the eagle hawk make it seem smaller then the originally, and the poorly positioned front gun makes it look funny.
General Hawk: Technically, G.I. Joe does not exist, but if it did, it\'d be comprised of the top men and women from the top military units in the world, the alpha dog\'s. When all else fails, we don\'t.

martin-montreal

• Snowbank Wannabe
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 10, 2013, 06:20:21 PM »

Here are some pictures: http://www.yojoe.com/events/showgallery.php?cat=542

About the Eaglehawk, I find it weird that the seats don't have peg to help the fig stay in the copter.

martin-montreal

• Snowbank Wannabe
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 10, 2013, 06:33:12 PM »

I love the Kre-O... but not too sure about the hair:

Beside this, I want almost all the Kre-O figs!!!

pdaat

• phpBB Chacal Noir Wannabe
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 10, 2013, 06:35:00 PM »

Digging the Kre-O.  Snagged a lot of TF stuff at 70% off.  Figures look great, but not feeling the love.

Eaglehawk is most cool.  I don't even own a Tomahawk.
Victorious warriors win first and then go to war, while defeated warriors go to war first and then seek to win.

darth cujo

• phpBB Frostback Trooper
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 10, 2013, 08:15:16 PM »

I've been debating putting $100 down on a vintage Tomahawk for a few years now. That new Tomahawk looks amazing. Guess I just saved $50.
Same here. I had one as a kid and it broke right after I got it. Always wanted an unbroken one! It's my favourite helicopter in the Joe line.

The most exciting news is Kwinn coming as a regular single pack figure. Cannot wait to add him to my collection. A couple of the "Ultimate" figures look great, but the "Ultimate" movie ones are not something I'm interested in. Give me an "Ultimate" Firefly based on the original design and I'd pick that up.

Overall, I expected to be excited about little to nothing with the movie line expected to dominate, but Kwinn and the Tomahawk have me excited. And Kreo looks pretty cool, but still don't know if we're even getting it in Canada.