JoeCanuck

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Red and white once again! We've restored the classic look of JoeCanuck.

Author Topic: Custom Steel Brigade  (Read 3456 times)

martin-montreal

• Snowbank Wannabe
    • View Profile
Custom Steel Brigade
« on: February 11, 2013, 08:59:19 PM »

When I started collecting,  my goal was to only get what I liked. And, what I liked was easy: Accurate soldiers like Falcon, Stalker, Duke, etc. Then I went into the tan soldiers : Tan grunt, Tan Clutch, Doc, etc. Then into Night force then I got Starduster (talked about a realistic soldier  ::) ).

Since Hasbro is not making o-ring figs anymore (the only type I collect), I'm making customs by switching parts to keep my hobby alive.

I wasn't a big fan of the Steel Brigade. In fact, I never own one before. You read it right... "before". That means I got 2 and I'm now looking for the one with Airborne's torso. Ever wanted to know who was behind the masks of the Steel Brigade? So, here are my two customs:

My goal is to get Duke's head to put on one of these body then use Airborne's head to put on Steel Brigade V1A.

Since we can't edit our post anymore, see here my most up-to-date want list if you can help: http://forums.yojoe.com/wanted/70746-martin-montreals-want-list.html

What do you think?

Martin

latinjoe22

• Global Moderator
  • Mudslinger Wannabe
    • View Profile
Re: Custom Steel Brigade
« Reply #1 on: February 11, 2013, 09:07:11 PM »

What do you think?

I think the one to the right resembles you more...
2 + 2 = 22

martin-montreal

• Snowbank Wannabe
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 12, 2013, 09:46:54 PM »

What do you think?

I think the one to the right resembles you more...

Airborne is one of my favourite character  ;D

latinjoe22

• Global Moderator
  • Mudslinger Wannabe
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 14, 2013, 02:17:58 PM »

Hey, I figured that you wouldn't be complete without a bio, so in good fun, I made you one. Enjoy  ;)

Affiliation : Steel Brigade
CODE NAME : MARTIN
Similarities with Airborne: - purely incidental -
Specialty: reading Excel grids, GPS, googlemaps, and...counting his bullets and ratios during leisure time
Description: MARTIN is the only Joe whose codename is part of his real name. Good thing he only gave out his first name otherwise Cobra would be ensuring his early retirement really fast. MARTIN is usully the last one in. He enters the battlefield to only assess casualties, report remaining munitions, weapons and vehicles. He's often seen by other Joes rolling on a vamp as he punches uploads his new data through his iphone. His strong dedication and sole preoccupation with only what he can measure in terms of numbers followed by 5 decimals, in the face of death, is often regarded by other joes as 'tough'.

From the files of General Hawk:
"Sneak Peek was a good soldier. When I asked Dusty to search through the late King's pockets for any pen I might've lent him when he was alive, he froze and gave me a long "WTH?" look. There a times even the smallest of requests will test a soldier abilities to the point of breaking him. I asked MARTIN to carry out what Dusty couldn't and he performed admirably. He even found the two erasers that were reported missing since our last raid on Cobra Island, and didn't wait for me to order him to update our active office supplies list. Now that's what beeing a Real American Hero is all about! YO-JOE!!!"*

*Purposely ommitted from General Hawk's log.
2 + 2 = 22

martin-montreal

• Snowbank Wannabe
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 14, 2013, 08:02:56 PM »

You sure have very good imagination  :)